The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Arts & Entertainment

Arts & Entertainment Give meaning to your life or distract you from it for a while

Old 12-17-2002, 09:54 AM   #196
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad
Jo3's is more Dead Milkmen.
The most recent one was peter gabriel. Your's seems to read like 'pop music. Ya' know- new york, paris, london, munich, everybody talk about- which I really really dread. But I'm sure it isn't so I give up. What is it?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #197
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I thought j03's was Peter Gabriel? i'm not actually playing here, so no lyric from me ...

(Of course I admit off the bat that I'm absolutely no good at this, and am especially not current on any music. I've been listening to talk radio for years, with occasional forays to check out one of the new fm stations my friends talk about -- lemme tell you. I have a lot of empty space on the 12 fm presets on the car stereo.)

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 10:55 AM   #198
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

What the hell, I've given everyone an hour and a half on mine, and it's unfair anyway.

It's Cocteau Twins' "Ivo", except that it isn't. The actual lyrics are just nonsense that sounds like language but isn't. Then people tried to work out what was actually being sung, and this is what someone came up with.

Or something like that. For the next one I'll go an entirely different direction:

Does it feel that you life's become a catastrophe?
Oh, it has to be for you to grow, boy.
When you look through the years and see what you could have been,
Oh, what you might have been, if you'd had more time.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 10:57 AM   #199
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

I was wondering-

The closing message at the bottom of your posts and the type of content within your posts, you know like I write sometimes that people mistake for some sort of attack. You don't have 'violent' dreams with pre-puescent little boys who actually are fully grown men who helped to save the world, by chance?
Old 12-17-2002, 11:06 AM   #200
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Quote:
Originally posted by Undertoad

Does it feel that you life's become a catastrophe?
Oh, it has to be for you to grow, boy.
When you look through the years and see what you could have been,
Oh, what you might have been, if you'd had more time.
Supertramp, take the long way home. You probably thought I could use a dose of that after probably coming across as an egotistical shithead for merely conveying facts from having been behind the scenes, but it's all true and I did suffer very much just to be able to tell you- I sang this one too.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:26 PM   #201
wolf
lobber of scimitars

Please tell me if I missed some pop culture reference ...

Quote:
Originally posted by j03L10T
You don't have 'violent' dreams with pre-puescent little boys who actually are fully grown men who helped to save the world, by chance?
Not usually, no. In fact, I only very rarely recall my dreams -- I envy people who have that ability. I have had the occasional post-apoctalyptic dream, a series of dinner out with friends horribly gone wrong when armed robbers enter the bar/restaurant, several extremely surreal dreams in which i meet a succession of animal spirit guardians, and, of course, that one where the hot dog chases the bagel through a tunnel ...

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:35 PM   #202
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

Re: Please tell me if I missed some pop culture reference ...

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf

Not usually, no. In fact, I only very rarely recall my dreams -- I envy people who have that ability. I have had the occasional post-apoctalyptic dream, a series of dinner out with friends horribly gone wrong when armed robbers enter the bar/restaurant, several extremely surreal dreams in which i meet a succession of animal spirit guardians, and, of course, that one where the hot dog chases the bagel through a tunnel ...
Robbers using the animal spirit guardians as an allusive diversion to avert all attention from the reality of their crimes perhaps? I can only wonder, too bad you don't dream like I do. I dream like crazy in vivid color most every night. Rarely any nightmares which makes it cool when they do appear. Sometimes I dream of things that actually happen, like top notch criminals who are highly praised by members of a community for stealing, finally brought to justice for their crimes and their lies and deception(s). I am making a fresh start here and dedicating the rest of my posts here to truly tasteless jokes, I think that's why it is here anyway. I will try to be more tasteful in the future and will pay closer attention from now on as to the underlying meanings of the words of others, and will not kid about things I do not understand. Later, sis
Old 12-19-2002, 12:18 PM   #203
warch
lurkin old school

Me play!

There's so many people to see
so many people you can check up on
And add to your collection
But they keep you hanging on
Until you're well hung
Your mouth is made up but your mind is undone
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 12:29 PM   #204
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Accidents Will Happen

Elvis Costello, 'Accidents Will Happen'

OK, here's one:
"Oh, the poor folks hate the rich folks,
and the rich folks hate the poor folks.
All of my folks hate all of your folks;
It's American as apple pie!"
Old 12-19-2002, 12:56 PM   #205
warch
lurkin old school

Tom Leherer - Brotherhood week!

Ok. this one is for the ladies...sigh.

You tell me where to go and
Though I might leave to find it
I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it
warch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 10:51 PM   #206
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Too gooey for me

John Mayer, and, gosh, he sure is dreamy!
Thanks for the infusion of romance, warch, but that stuff is way too gooey for my tastes. For a more humorous exploration of nether regions, I prefer:

"You've got the nicest North America
this sailor ever saw;
I wanna feel your warm Brazil
and touch your Panama."
Old 12-20-2002, 08:53 AM   #207
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

I love John Mayer. Just saying hello and not much else. Very tired.
Old 12-20-2002, 10:23 AM   #208
99 44/100% pure
Infrequently Astonished

Quote:
Originally posted by j03L10T
Very tired.
Know watcha mean. Me too. Boy, jo3L10T, you certainly are more tame when you're tired. Hope you get some rest. I'm turning in right now. Nightie-night, so to speak.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:24 PM   #209
j03L10T
going nowhere slow

New One

Hint: The version I prefer is a remake by "for squirells". Only the re-make was recorded because the voice of "for squirrels" was somewhat troubled and haunted by the sound of his voice on the original as well. The name of the song and the 'original eagle's' member for what should have been behind door number two, only twenty-five years ago maybe?

"He's got this dream about buying some land, gonna' give up the booze and the one night stands, and he asks you 'where ya' been', you try not to pretend and forget about everything".

I never did forget that one, either.