The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Politics

Politics Where we learn not to think less of others who don't share our views

Old 03-05-2001, 04:08 PM   #1
Chewbaccus
Freethinker/booter

I was reading the news and apparently Dick "No Thru-Way" Cheney is back in the hospital.

I can't wait to tell my friend(the non-Cellar-member one) about this, just to get his reaction. The boy is the pundit's pundit for the Democratic party, and has hated Cheney since before the get-go. Personally, I agree.

History speaks for itself. The man is just simply not physically capable to deal with the stress of his running mate, let alone running the country. I think Dennis Miller put it best when he said "The man's heart skips faster than Richard Simmons on his way to a Ricky Martin concert."

First we have to move up through Stupid, then up through a man whose veins put the Hoover Dam to shame, and even after those two, the Speaker's a Repub. And eerily, the theme from The Jeffersons just started playing in my head.

I'm going to go lie down.

~Mike
Old 03-05-2001, 05:40 PM   #2
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbaccus
... Dick "No Thru-Way" Cheney is back in the hospital.

... The man is just simply not physically capable to deal with the stress of his running mate, let alone running the country. I think Dennis Miller put it best when he said "The man's heart skips faster than Richard Simmons on his way to a Ricky Martin concert." ...
Reading details of his last heart attack, I was surprised that he is down to significantly less than 40% of his heart's capacity. The doctors said that was OK but did not note that less than 10% is death.

This is the same man who as Sec of Defense said that we could not retake Kuwait and should conceded the country to Iraq. Those who read the details will remember Margaret Thatcher's (thank god for Maggie) response in Denver CO. She said, "This will not stand". IOW Cheney helped to remove George Senior's backbone. Thatcher had to reinstall that backbone. Cheney is not a very convincing leader, even compared to George Jr. He does give the concept of "a heartbeat from the Presidency" a new meaning.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote