The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Philosophy

Philosophy Religions, schools of thought, matters of importance and navel-gazing

Old 11-20-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

http://web.archive.org/web/200603241...m_the_Children
  • Why should I say “I can’t” when the Bible says I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philippians 4:13)?
  • Why should I lack when God supplies all my needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19)?
  • Why should I fear when God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)?
  • Why should I be weak when the Lord is the strength of my life (Psalm 27:1; Daniel 11:32)?
  • Why should I feel like a failure when I am a conqueror in all things through Christ (Romans 8:37)?
  • Why should I allow Satan supremacy over my life when He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)?
  • Why should I lack wisdom when God gives wisdom to me generously when I ask for it (1 Corinthians 1:30; James 1:5)?
  • Why should I accept defeat when the Bible says that God always leads me in triumph (2 Corinthians 2:14)?
  • Why should I be depressed when I have God’s loving kindness, compassion, and faithfulness to give me hope (Lamentations 3:21-23)?
  • Why should I worry when I can cast all my care on Christ who cares for me (1 Peter 5:7)?
  • Why should I be in bondage when the truth has set me free (John 8:32)?
  • Why should I feel condemned when there is no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1)?
  • Why should I feel alone when Jesus is with me always, even to the end of the world (Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:5)?
  • Why should I be discontented when I can be content in all my circumstances (Philippians 4:11)?
  • Why should I feel worthless when Christ values me (1 Corinthians 4:5)?
  • Why should I have a persecution complex, knowing that nobody can be against me when God is for me (Romans 8:31)?
  • Why should I let the pressures of life bother me when Jesus has overcome the world and its tribulations (John 16:33)?
    —adapted from Herb Patnaude
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:58 PM   #2
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Because you're people.

And people are rotten.

Every one of us.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Gravdigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Well your not rotton buddy,your a kind person!!

Yes most are though your right
Old 11-20-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

I'm as rotten as they come. Ask anybody.

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, EPA, FBI, DEA, CDC, or FDIC. These statements are not intended to diagnose, cause, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. If you feel you have been harmed/offended by, or, disagree with any of the above statements or images, please feel free to fuck right off.
Old 11-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nope, you're just a bored rich guy with too much time on your hands.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Bored might be it. Rich damn sure ain't it.

Old 11-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #7
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Not rich? You're 50 years old, too young for Social Security, own a car, own a house, and work where? Yeah, rich.
Old 11-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #8
Gravdigr
The Un-Tuckian

Well, to be fair Popdigr still owns GC1, he has let me drive it since he got GC2.

The only thing I'm rich in is smartassery. And I am load. Ed. with that.

Old 10-13-2020, 11:47 AM   #9
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Most people today are mean pricks YES but some of us are still as loving as we ever were and we try to be kind to others regardless