The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Relationships

Relationships People who need people; or, why can't we all just get along?

Old 01-22-2011, 10:48 PM   #1
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

While you all weren't looking, Razz totally got married.

Soo I am officially a Mrs. Razz.

Husband had leave for two weeks, and both weekends fell on a holiday this year, so we chose to get married on January 01. While we were trying to figure out how to get all of our hungover guests to make it to our wedding the day after NYE, we decided to make it late enough in the day so the grown ups could have time to recover, but early enough so the kids won't be whiny brats by the end of it. Thus our wedding was 01-01-2011 at 1:00pm. (Life throws you lemons and all that.)

The wedding was actually a little bit late, so it was closer to 1:11 for all of you symmetry freaks out there

This is a photo of the ceremony room, my mom built the backdrop that we got married in front of. I ordered my dress online from here. My shoes were on sale at payless, and my grandmother gave me that necklace when I was a freshman in high school. My mom did my hair and makeup as well, AND she also made all of the bouquets.

This is us walking into the reception room. (for those of you in the military, husband is only wearing his cover because I asked him to.)

The ceremony and reception were in the same hotel to make driving easier in case we had an ice storm or something. (Luckily we didn't get any snow at all until weeks later.)

I got my cake from a new local bakery, her prices were great and the cake was AH-MAZ-ING. We had this one, which was white cake with raspberry filling and white icing, and then we had a sheet cake in the back which was chocolate with peanut butter icing.
The cake cutting set was actually my aunt and uncle's from their wedding. Their names and wedding date were engraved on the set, the cover that you see on the table was my great aunt's. I'm not sure if this was used at her wedding, but I know it's been to several other family weddings throughout the years and it fit with my other decorations perfectly. It's hand crochet, and it's still pure white even though it's something like 50 years old.

These were our favors and our place cards. I found vintage sewing patterns online and cut out a little person to sit on top of each box (and because I am crazy, every single person was different.) The name of the person was calligraphy-d onto the front by our neighbor who volunteered to help us out, and the table number was stuck to the front of a bag of hand-dipped chocolate covered pretzels which a bunch of family members helped out with.

Yes, everyone was pissed we did not cakesmash... if cakesmashing is your thing then that's cool, but we both decided that cakesmash would indicate instant divorce.

My mom and I handmade all of the flowers/decorations for the wedding. We don't have the professional photos back yet, but hopefully the photographer got a few better shots of the decorations themselves because this is the only one I can find and it doesn't do them justice.

This is a photo which indicates how much I love to be the center of attention... especially while dancing.

We actually had to leave about halfway through the wedding so that he could catch a plane to Cali. The party was apparently so much fun that my mom splurged for an extra hour of time. People were still leaving when I came back around 8pm. A ton of people came up to my room afterwards, and we had a very crowded and rowdy after party in my suite. My bestest friend since kindergarten stayed the night with me, and we had delicious free breakfast the next morning together. I kept calling her my wife. She put up with me under the circumstances

Soo that was my wedding! Hope you enjoyed my lengthy walkthrough!

Oh, PS: I almost forgot... photos of the rings!

(This was how I had my nails done for the wedding... hearts on my thumbs!)

You can read the backstory of my engagement ring here (scroll down a bit.) Husband picked the wedding band out himself and I didn't even get to see it until about two days before the wedding when he just couldn't stand it anymore. I think they match perfectly, which is amazing considering one is roughly 23 years older than the other. His ring was tungsten and had a laser etch of the claddaugh (however you spell that) and some celtic square knots going around the band. I don't have any photos of that ring though since it's in California right now and I didn't think to take photos of it before the wedding.

Last edited by Razzmatazz13; 01-22-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Razzmatazz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #2
zippyt
LONG LIVE KING ZIPPY! per Feetz

YEAH RAZZ !!!
Old 01-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Cloud

wonderful! I love, love, love your dress; and you and your hubby look very happy!

proof that weddings do not have to take years to plan or cost an arm and a leg--all my family recent weddings were similar--home made with love.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #4
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Yeah we had a little less than 4 months to plan it, and there was 116 guests in attendance. It can be done, you just have to work harder.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #5
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

Congratulations, Mrs (and Mr) Razz!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
skysidhe
~~Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.~~

So THIS is what you've been up to! Congratulations! You both look so happy!
skysidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #7
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

I'm SO happy for you Razz!

many blessings upon your house! eternal love and pleasure in each other's company!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:47 AM   #8
plthijinx
Master Dwellar

awesome. simply awesome!
Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #9
morethanpretty
Thats "Miss Zipper Neck" to you.

Congrats Razz! Looks like a wonderful day.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:21 AM   #10
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

God razz, you look beautiful in that dress! And Mr Razz looks completely dashing.

That pic of the two of you dancing is wonderful. The way he is looking at you. Beautiful.

Anyway: huge congrats to Mr and Mrs Razz.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 AM   #11
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

YAY Razz! You both look so happy! Great news! Congrats!!!
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #12
Griff
still says videotape

Well done Razz!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:36 AM   #13
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

You look absolutely beautiful and he looks most handsome on his uniform.
So very happy for you Razz. May the two of you enjoy eternal bliss.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:46 AM   #14
monster
I hear them call the tide

Excellent, Razzie! Congrats and thanks for sharing the pix.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
Razzmatazz13
Vicariously, I live...

Thank you everyone! Now if my photographers would just let me have my professional photos, I would be EXTRA happy!

(They got sick shortly after the wedding, so I had to wait an extra week for them to get done... they are awesome people, I just want to seeeee alreadyyyyy!!)