The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Current Events

Current Events Help understand the world by talking about things happening in it

Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 AM   #286
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

C'mon, Pete...I see you there...gimme your best shot.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:33 AM   #287
Flint
Snowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry quirk View Post
Could you not say "shot"? Because I just got...

triggered.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:20 PM   #288
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Zicato View Post
I can only guess, henry quirk, that you are a liberal in disguise.
A curious and interesting take. Although the conclusion is unlikely, the reasoning does make sense.

Something that Col Hogan (Hogan's Heroes) would successfully pull off.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:23 PM   #289
tw

Quote:
Fuck you, nimrod (two birds, one sentence).
Defines a fanatic NRA and White Power supporter.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:18 PM   #290
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

shot! shot! shooting! shot! shot! shot!

"a fanatic NRA and White Power supporter."

Not an NRA member, and I'm misanthropic (an equal opportunity hater).

So: fuck you, tw.
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 02:12 PM   #291
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Henry has expressed in the past he doesn't like to part with money which will not return an immediate personal desire, be it government or private organizations. Hence the smothering by trees of all stripes regardless of their differences.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:53 PM   #292
tw

We should start a weekly cellar pool for the number of kid killed each week. Since this massive increase in guns has made killing kids another sport. Its not even news anymore. And since internet gambling is now legal.

Problem is that nobody will want to put money down on zero, one, or two. Those are losing numbers.

Maybe another one for the 'profane word of the day' from Henry. Frequency means that also is not news.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:03 PM   #293
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Monkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexobon View Post
Those consequences were to alienate the people who might have been able to help save school children's lives. Now we'll never know. Stupid is as stupid does.
That is the poor behavior I referred to. If someone might have been able to save schools children's lives, but didn't because they were just SOOOO annoyed at liberals, it's not the liberals who are the problem.
Obviously it wasn't "just" an annoyance. You trying to trivialize the situation because you're incapable of understanding it and have nothing significant to say is an annoyance.

Liberals tried to subvert a Constitutional right instead of changing the Constitution. That alienated other people. Liberals tried to negate a Constitutional right even though there was no guarantee it would save school children's (or anyone else's) lives and many believed it was a long shot that it would. That also alienated other people. Evidently, liberals now don't care because they're desperate to create a scapegoat for their failings to protect school children. They're doing what they've always done and going for all or nothing instead of compromising on the chance that it might save lives. They get nothing; because, that's what subversives deserve. People make poor decisions that get children killed all the time. The low-lives among them try to blame someone else. Liberals who fall into this category are the problem (they don't want you to think that; so, they've brainwashed you). Those who are weak of mind can't see it.
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:14 PM   #294
Pete Zicato
Turns out my CRS is a symptom of TMB.

Quote:
I don't have the free time you seem to have, Henry. But I can tell a hawk from a handsaw. Time to go make dinner.

Talk nerdy to me.
Pete Zicato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:48 PM   #295
sexobon

Of course, a hawk is used for plastering ...

Oh!

Oh!

You just did something from Shakespeare's Hamlet!

You bastard, my handsaw was killed by a hawk in the WTC on 9/11.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:49 PM   #296
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
Those consequences were to alienate the people who might have been able to help save school children's lives.
Quote:
People make poor decisions that get children killed all the time. The low-lives among them try to blame someone else.
Indeed. For example, people who might have been able to help save school children's lives, but didn't, and blamed it on liberals for being SOOOOOO alienating.

Quote:
They're doing what they've always done and going for all or nothing instead of compromising on the chance that it might save lives.
The NRA actually is all-or-nothing, no compromise. This is apparently a behavior you find poor, as you are excoriating liberals for it. But you are blaming liberals for the NRA behaving this way.

Can you find people who want to ban all guns? Sure. Probably some of those random people who were taking pictures you mentioned. The guy on the bulletin board henry found. Probably even a few politicians. But there's no anti-NRA that liberals are in lockstep to. It is ridiculous to claim that liberals refuse compromise, when all they do on the gun front is propose compromise, and don't even go that far with anything close to unanimity. They even have to compromise between each other, before proposing the compromise to the NRA.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #297
sexobon

Yeah, no. I pity the fool who's nothing more than a contrarian. The kind of low-life who says "It is ridiculous to claim that liberals refuse compromise, when all they do on the gun front is propose compromise..." after I've already said that some of their so-called compromises are just stepping stones to a goal that is no compromise at all and most liberals are fine with that. The best you can muster is the equivalent of I know you are but what am I followed by demonstrated ignorance.

I'm happy to see your judgement isn't clouded by any knowledge on the subject. You help keep the NRA strong.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #298
Happy Monkey
I think this line's mostly filler.

Quote:
"It is ridiculous to claim that liberals refuse compromise, when all they do on the gun front is propose compromise..." after I've already said that some of their so-called compromises are just stepping stones to a goal that is no compromise at all and most liberals are fine with that.
So the fear that at some point in the future the liberals will, among themselves, agree on a nebulous "no-compromise" goal, and also have the power to enact that goal is equivalent to "liberals refuse to compromise". And justification for the NRA actually not compromising in real life.
|_______________| [pics]
Happy Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:16 PM   #299
sexobon

I'm not a member of the NRA; but, I'm thinking of joining because of you.

Well, not just you. It may also be for Clodfobble's grandchildren ... so she'll have some. Liberal parents aren't doing such a good job of safeguarding their children in schools these days and there's probably oodles of liberal parents there. I think they need some outside help and I'm sure I know what's best for them.

I may need to recruit some others to join the NRA too; so, there's enough help to go around.
Old 05-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #300
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

As the liberals and conservatives swirl, the moderates get flushed down the middle.