Person who doesn't update the user title

You mean like Eddie Munster?

That's a gouda one! Edam up!
infinite monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #32
henry quirk
maskless: yesterday, today, tomorrow

To: Democrats

You wanted him (again!); you got him (good luck with that!).

To: Republicans

Pick 'better' next time (good luck with that!).

To: Third Party Folks

Trumped by one of the Big Two (again!)...you're fucked (good luck with that!).

*shrug*

*for me: business as usual (no luck needed).

Last edited by henry quirk; 11-07-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: this 'try 'statesmen' instead of 'businessman' ' is nonsensical...they're ALL business-men and -women... ;)
henry quirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #33
Lamplighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
ok, change your fucking signature now
Why ? It is still raining in PDX and soup is a favorite kind of lunch

Nothing else has changed.
Lamplighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 AM   #34
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhelm View Post
ok, change your fucking signature now
You want the OBAMA 2012 one back? That surprises me.

I could go with Clinton/Huntsman 2016 if you like.

I like my fucking signature, so, eat a dick.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #35
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

To Republicans: America has spoken. You failed in your goal to make Obama a one term president. Now it's time to do your fucking job.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #36
infinite monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
To Republicans: America has spoken. You failed in your goal to make Obama a one term president. Now it's time to do your fucking job.
Seriously. Boehner? Less crying, more working to do good things for the people? mmmm'K?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #37
Trilby
Slattern of the Swail

My sister lives in Boehner country. They're all weirdly stepford wife-ish soccer moms who, apparently, bake a lot and wear three piece outfits for mopping their already clean floors (just like the adverts!)

My sister is not one of them. She stays very, very quiet when they discuss their right-wing conservative views.
In Barrie's play and novel, the roles of fairies are brief: they are allies to the Lost Boys, the source of fairy dust and ...They are portrayed as dangerous, whimsical and extremely clever but quite hedonistic.

"Shall I give you a kiss?" Peter asked and, jerking an acorn button off his coat, solemnly presented it to her.
—James Barrie

Wimminfolk they be tricksy. - ZenGum
Trilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #38
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
Noooooo! Now they have to do four years of posturing, resume building and 'me-more-Republican-than-him'ing to prepare for 2016, since it'll be between two 'fresh candidates'.

Get back to actual work? Ain't nobody got time for that!

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #39
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adak View Post
First things first, however. Obama needs to take another world-wide tour, so he can apologize for our freedoms and success, all over again.
You are emotional. Even forget second grade science concepts necessary to have a fact. Your knowledge is based only in hearsay and what Limbaugh, et al says. Even a simple science concept about bread breeding maggots escapes your grasp due to so much emotion.

A logical reply would say why Romney lost. Only the logical can discuss honestly. But that means, for example, trying to explain why Romney, who once called himself more liberal than Kennedy, is suddenly an extreme right wing conservative. Its called eating crow. To discuss Romney's problem means discussing why you were so deceived by rhetoric. It requires a logical post; not more emotional tirades.

You cannot face facts. So you post sour grapes. Post emotion. Since emotion and subjective claims are your reasoning.

Harm to America was created by extremist rhetoric (ie tax cuts, mythical WMDs, trickle down economics, no grasp of basic military doctrine, massive loss of respect for America from 2000 to 2008, hatred of solutions that saved the America economy, etc). All that and more is slowly improving. As defined by lessons from history and explained by the logical and educated. It will take ten years to undo disasters created in 2000 through 2008. America is getting better despite wacko extremists who said, "We want America to fail."

Extremists are now waiting for Limbaugh, et al to tell them what to think. Four years ago, even Bohemer's speech defined harm America so that Obama would only be a one term president. Limbaugh openly said he wanted *America* to fail. Having done so much to harm America, now what will extremists advocate?

Well, the question can only be asked using logic. Same logic that says why Romney lost would predict what extremist will do next. Where is America going? Sour grapes are from fools who got us in this mess (unwinnable wars, recession, destruction to science, massive job loss, increasing income disparity, etc). How much more harm will extremists do to America in the name of political rhetoric and Limbaugh lies? What will be their next strategy to make America fail? Or will their strategy be something different this time?

Either one can post sour grapes and emotion. Or one can be honest. Say why Romney lost and what extremists will advocate next. Clearly "We want America to fail" does not work.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #40
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
My sister lives in Boehner country. They're all weirdly stepford wife-ish soccer moms ...
Rush Limbaugh and the Stephord Wifes? A sequeal featuring with a blind man popping pills.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #41
jimhelm
a beautiful fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
You want the OBAMA 2012 one back? That surprises me.

I could go with Clinton/Huntsman 2016 if you like.

I like my fucking signature, so, eat a dick.
when I posted that, it was still the Obama in 2012 in huge blue letters. your current sig is fine and dandy. dick not eaten
Old 11-07-2012, 11:24 AM   #42
infinite monkey

bzzzzt whirrrrr beeeep

dick-eating averted. I repeat: dick-eating averted

whirrrrr beeeppppp
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #43
glatt

that was a close one.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #44
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

tease.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #45
Adak
Lecturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite monkey View Post

Boy's got a personality like his grapes: sour, that is. /foghornleghorn

Why DO conservatives whine so much?
No whine, just aware that Obama will have a VERY tough 4 years now. They'll make his first 4 years seem like a cakewalk, in comparison.

1) He can't keep spending money we don't have. Even his own party won't support more radical spending.

2) He's alienated the Republicans - and their party's base, quite a bit. I really don't think he'll get stink for cooperation with ANYTHING, now.

The campaign was long, and instead of focusing on his own policies for the future, (because he has few, and no good ones), he spent a lot of time with smear type attacks on Romney. His Justice Department has filed suit against every single state that tried to pass a reasonable voter ID law. He has cut back on allowing drilling for oil on Federal land which has area's for that, and last but not least, he took 700+million from Medicare (which part I'm not sure of), to fund Obamacare. If that doesn't work out well, the seniors will be in an uproar!

What else could Obama do? But that won't set him up for easy reconciliation with either Republicans or conservatives in general.

4) He'll have to answer an investigation into the abandonment of Ambassador Stevens and crew, in Benghazi. He may even face an impeachment hearing over that, for his failure to act, when he so obviously could have.

As well as he has been treated by the media (better than any Politician I can recall), if the word gets circulated that he was a coward and afraid to defend Stevens for some political reason, he may find the public hating the coward's guts.
Adak is offline   Reply With Quote