The Cellar  

Go Back   The Cellar > Main > Home Base

Home Base A starting point, and place for threads don't seem to belong anywhere else

Old 11-02-2005, 09:56 PM   #61
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterb
Anyone want seed from my ornamental hot pepper? Looks great in pots and makes great pepper sauce. More photos http://www.flickr.com/photos/91776888@N00/
Pm me your snail mail address I’ll send “ya” some. Please put a buck or 2 in the tip jar.
I might take you up on that. BTW, that spinach quiche using hash browns looks interesting.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 06:25 PM   #62
busterb
NSABFD

Anvil shoot and other crap

Welcome to the 10th Annual Shine Fest!
Nov.19 at Shine’s place Hwy. 531 8AM. Till?
Bring your lawn chairs.
Coffee, Biscuits and sausage with syrup and butter served though out the day.
Cane grinding and syrup making. Bring a small container to carry some juice home. Cornmeal grinding.
2 Team Anvil shoot at 2 PM.
“YA’ LL” COME!!!
SHINE
The cane mill has been restored and ready. Some how I'm the A.H. that's to cook the syurp. Never have, so don't recommend eating the first batch.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #63
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

The way my luck has been running I'd be elected anvil catcher.
Have fun, Buster.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:46 PM   #64
busterb
NSABFD

Cane cutting trip

Today Shine and I made a cane cutting trip, almost to the LA. Line. About 250 miles round trip. The first photo shows the trip, purple going and brown return. On this trip there was no place that didn’t have some Katrina damage, roofs, trees down.

Next photo is the tools we used. The dual bladed ones are to strip the leaves, then the short handle one is to cut with. Katrina blew the cane over and when it grew more was crooked as hell. 1 photo is of Shine cutting cane. Sorry none of me and never will be another chance of one!
Attached Images

Last edited by busterb; 11-12-2005 at 08:51 PM. Reason: wrong photo
busterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #65
busterb
NSABFD

Shine

Notice in photo of cane, not 1 straight piece. Never again!
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #66
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Damn, they look more like vines than stalks. Is that because they were twisted up with each other? Most stuff that gets blown over grows straight toward the Sun from where it ended up.

Making moon, Buster?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #67
wolf
lobber of scimitars

mmmmm cane ... I love chewing on that stuff.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #68
Elspode
When Do I Get Virtual Unreality?

Buster, I'm just glad that the recovery process in your area has progressed to the point where ya'll are taking part in some discretionary, recreational pasttimes.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:09 AM   #69
busterb
NSABFD

A few photos of the last cluster @@#$ at http://www.flickr.com/photos/91776888@N00/ So many folks in and around Mike's shop not room to spit. Pot was too deep and we gave up on the cooking last night. Mike finished today. Boy it takes a lot of juice to make a few gals. of syrup, and damn near a case of beer
Old 11-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #70
busterb
NSABFD

Well today is three months since the storm. I've not had one contractor return with a bid. IMHO all are working to repair the homes that had no insurance. The Blue roofs folks w/out insurance. "FEMA." And making a hell of a killing. 100 bucks plus to nail on a SQ. of singles. Maybe some will come around when the big money runs out. I've slept in living room so long I don't give a big rats ass. I will not pay that. Nothing from Fema or Sba and don't think I'll ever get any help from them. Since I have insurance I get the old finger. But I still have a place to call home, which is more than some folks can say! bb
Old 12-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #71
busterb
NSABFD

Dear FEMA

Dear FEMA.
First I’d like to thank you for helping all the poor folks who didn’t have insurance.
All though some had homes that cost hundreds of thousand of dollars!

Second I’d like to thank you for hiring all the contractors to fix above homes and paying them what it would cost to put a roof on the White House.
So we with insurance have to wait. When you call your insurance co., they tell you to get an estimate. All the contractors are working for FEMA. So where do you get any numbers to confront the insurance co.? The insurance co.’s well know this.

4 months tomorrow.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #72
Griff
still says videotape

Any way to give them a bulldoo estimate from an out of town outfit? Thing is, they know what it will cost.... pricks.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:56 PM   #73
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Right on, Griff. Bullshit 'em Buster, they deserve it.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:01 AM   #74
Tonchi
Victim of gravity

I'd like to make a suggestion: As a gesture of solidarity, everybody at The Cellar should mail a shingle to Buster. Then when those blood-sucking contractors finally get there, he will already have all the materials
Old 12-30-2005, 09:37 AM   #75
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

With that low pitch, I'd cover it with that roll roofing you melt with a torch and stick down. There's a bunch of different brands, going by different names, but all the same stuff. It will last until the contractors are hungry again, years if necessary, and it's easy to do.