The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Can ya spare some change mister? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16112)

binky 04-24-2008 02:10 PM

Okay I gave the mug a second shot. Time to pony up people.

monster 04-24-2008 08:59 PM

At least we had a couple of overflowing months. April is a hard time for many people :(

HungLikeJesus 04-24-2008 10:29 PM

Yeah, Easter is a killer.

xoxoxoBruce 04-25-2008 12:34 AM

Hardly overflowing, just covering costs. Nobody's getting rich here, except the people gaining knowledge, receiving help and support, escaping from the world for a few precious minutes and of course T & A.

monster 04-25-2008 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 448178)
Hardly overflowing, just covering costs. Nobody's getting rich here, except the people gaining knowledge, receiving help and support, escaping from the world for a few precious minutes and of course T & A.

If it goes beyong the tops it overflows. Therefore, overflowing. Who claimed anyone was getting rich? I was merely expressing that April is a tough month for many -presumably also for those who provide wonderful internet services. Those who are not able to contribute -maybe for the first month in a while- should not be made to feel bad about it. And those who are a little better off or who have perhaps not donated yet might like to take this opportunity to fill the gap.

Sheesh, can't even express sympathy about tough financial times on here without someone getting snippy. :(

xoxoxoBruce 04-25-2008 09:00 AM

Sheesh, can't even express the reality of the tip mug on here without someone getting snippy. :smack:

classicman 04-25-2008 11:57 PM

$10 penalty to both of you...Hows that?

monster 04-26-2008 07:49 PM

how about Bullying Bruce pays for both of us if he's so damn flush as to not realise how tough some people have it right now? What happened to the "we don't want to make people feel bad about not paying up if it's tough for them, we value their input more than their money...." Did all that evaporate with the new year's hangover? Is it time to name and shame those who have never contributed?

Over to you for the awesome last witty word, Bruce -I am out of this thread for a bit, it's turned from something good into an unpleasant nag.

xoxoxoBruce 04-26-2008 08:18 PM

Bullying? Bullying whom? I said nothing to you or about your post, other than correcting your impression that the tip jar overflows. Anything over the top shows up in the next month, so there is no excess.

HungLikeJesus 04-28-2008 10:04 AM

If it's under for one month, does that carry over too? Or does that come right out of UT's pocket?

xoxoxoBruce 04-28-2008 11:58 AM

Like everyone, the bills come due, ready or not.

lookout123 04-28-2008 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 448697)
how about Bullying Bruce pays for both of us if he's so damn flush as to not realise how tough some people have it right now? What happened to the "we don't want to make people feel bad about not paying up if it's tough for them, we value their input more than their money...." Did all that evaporate with the new year's hangover? Is it time to name and shame those who have never contributed?

Over to you for the awesome last witty word, Bruce -I am out of this thread for a bit, it's turned from something good into an unpleasant nag.

Seriously? calm the fuck down monster.

Trilby 04-28-2008 12:54 PM

xob, I feel v., v. guilty.

I pledge 25.00 May 4th. Next time I get paid.

lookout123 04-28-2008 01:00 PM

I don't see anything in Bruce's posts to contradict the longstanding statement that there is no need to feel guilty if you don't have it to give. This is not a shame campaign.

xoxoxoBruce 04-28-2008 01:02 PM

No, no guilty. Everybody should do what they can, but certainly not feel guilty if they can't.