The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Funny/Embarrassing things they say (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7842)

Sheldonrs 03-29-2007 10:04 AM

Well, together they are 16 so I guess it's ok. ;)

footfootfoot 03-29-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 327762)
This begs the question, nature vs. nurture papa? Heh, heh, heh !!

I think it is nature not being stifled by nurture. The inch is a lot smoother already than I ever was or will be. A few weeks ago he was giving his sitter a shoulder rub, then putting his hand on her shoulder and looking smolderingly into her eyes.

I can hardly pull that off with my own wife, but then I had a decidely wierd upbringing where those sorts of things were stifled.

So I say it's a mix of both.

rkzenrage 03-29-2007 05:02 PM

There is a new Finn story... omg, I need help.

Griff 03-30-2007 07:15 AM

That boy has a great future... hell he has a great now.

SteveDallas 03-30-2007 10:31 AM

Does he give lessons??

Phil 03-30-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 328195)
There is a new Finn story... omg, I need help.

nope, seems youre doing fine. :)

Hyoi 03-31-2007 09:46 AM

My eldest daughter, now fully grown, had a thing for Kenny Rogers when she was four or five. She loved to sing his version of Lucille, but it came out like this:

You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille
Four hundred children and a crop in the field

Phil 03-31-2007 03:12 PM

a friend's son had an awful time teething. he would bite chunks out of ordinary teethers, so he tried to find a solid silver victorian teether. no success. he also tried engineering works for steel rings. no success, but they suggested stainless surgical steel. so he went to a body piercing shop and bought a wide diameter circular ring. yeah youve guessed it : his son was teethed on a large cock - ring.

rkzenrage 03-31-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Our saga continues…

So I have a “conversation” with my little man that it is inappropriate to touch others without their permission. I worry that he has not heard a word that I have said even though he looked me in the eye and said he understood…even giving me the gratuitous, “trust me” that I have heard one too many times from the opposite sex. (Rob: I do not endorse this statement, but, Finn does say that a lot and it is usually a lie)

Well, we go to Toys R Us two days ago to pick out a swimming pool for him since he has been begging me for one and it has been upward of 90 degrees almost every day this week. He was a perfect angel in the store and when we get to the cash register, he continues by helping to put all of the merchandise on the counter. The check-out clerk is a beautiful Spanish lady that looks to be about 18-19 years-old…a real sweet thing.
Finn looks at her and says, “I need to tell you something.” When she asks him, “what?”, he replies, “I want to give you a kiss.” Oh brother. Here we go again.
Well, at least he asked this time so I guess he did listen to our talk. Anyway, the girl turns to me and looks to me as if to ask permission to kiss him, saying, “He wants to give me a kiss.”
I say to her, “Lady, if you want to open up that box, go for it.” So she leans over and presents her cheek to him. Cheek? Finn, being the Don Juan that he is, reaches up, touches her chin and gently moves it over to kiss her on the lips and lays a very nice medium length kiss on her, full on the lips. This, in no way, resembled a peck.
She smiles and says, “Why, that is the best kiss I have ever had!” She adds, “You are so handsome!”
Finn grins all full of himself and says, “Yes and strong too!” He then, shows her his bulging bicep. “Here, feel my muscle,” he quips. “Oh my,” says the cashier.
Finn then quickly, holds up his leg to show the impressed woman his equally huge calf muscle stating, “Here, feel my leg, it’s strong too!” The cashier declines but tells him that he is the cutest boy she has ever seen. Finn states clearly "I know."
I state that he would like to think he is and we leave the store.
As we leave, Finn tells her that he loves her.

What am I going to do? Really?
He tried this on the pretty lady at Albersons this morning, mom would not let him kiss her, he has a cold.

rkzenrage 03-31-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 329091)
a friend's son had an awful time teething. he would bite chunks out of ordinary teethers, so he tried to find a solid silver victorian teether. no success. he also tried engineering works for steel rings. no success, but they suggested stainless surgical steel. so he went to a body piercing shop and bought a wide diameter circular ring. yeah youve guessed it : his son was teethed on a large cock - ring.

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!!!!:eek:
I would give my little toe for a picture of that. I am not exaggerating.

Phil 03-31-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 329093)
That is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard!!!!:eek:
I would give my little toe for a picture of that. I am not exaggerating.

i thought it was pretty cool when he told me about it. if his son wasnt 12 years old now, i would ask my mate if i could get a photo of it for a friend in Florida.:D

SteveDallas 04-07-2007 02:46 PM

A couple days ago I checked out the CD "Hilary Hahn Plays Bach" from the library. I was showing it to Mrs. Dallas when our son walked by, caught it out of the corner of his eye, and did a double-take. "Hey, is that Hilary Duff??"

Hime 04-09-2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 331711)
A couple days ago I checked out the CD "Hilary Hahn Plays Bach" from the library. I was showing it to Mrs. Dallas when our son walked by, caught it out of the corner of his eye, and did a double-take. "Hey, is that Hilary Duff??"

Hey, tell him yes and he may develop an appreciation for baroque music!

BigV 04-10-2007 09:48 AM

Ahhh, music.

From the other room I heard a ... a ... chipmunks / Weird Al sounding rendition of a familiar tune. By the time I got to the source in the living room, SonofV was cracking up and the music was over. I looked at the screen and it showed a bunch of stills of slugs, menu choices from the bonus features section of the newly acquired Flushed Away dvd (a very funny movie). I asked him "What was that!?" And he looked at me with that is-this-a-trick-question? look on his face, and answered in all seriousness "Miserlou, dad".

I 'bout choked. Of course he was right, the little guys were doing a cover of Dick Dale's masterpiece. They really really *are* paying attention. w00T!

monster 04-11-2007 09:54 PM

Thor (5) has just learned that sentences need a pyramid at the end.