The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trilby (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28740)

DanaC 06-03-2013 06:43 PM

Depression or dependency robbed Claudette of a portion of her life. Please,Gypsy, don't allow grief to rob you of the same.

If there is such a thing as heaven, or an afterlife or continuation, then it will still be there, it will wait and it will be forever. And if such a thing exists, then it surely must be better to enter into it with a full set of memories and experiences. Because some of that human experience is otherwise surely lost forever.

I may not believe, myself, in a spiritual realm, but I believe absolutely in the bond that exists between siblings. There is a special connection between those who share a childhood. If you truly believe that there is somewhere after this, and if in that somewhere there is the barest hope that Claudette will be there, learn the lessons that she was robbed of and share them with her.

sexobon 06-07-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 867045)
... If there is such a thing as heaven, or an afterlife or continuation, then it will still be there, it will wait and it will be forever. ...

... but I believe absolutely in the bond that exists between siblings. There is a special connection between those who share a childhood.

But ... but what if there are 72 virgins waiting for her on the other side? Will they still be virgins by the time she gets there; or, will she have to settle for sloppy seconds because her sister has already had them? Would she really want that special connection to go on forever? It's important to consider all the angles.

xoxoxoBruce 06-07-2013 09:49 AM

SOCIAL INEPTITUDE is an anagram of POTENTIAL SUICIDE.

sexobon 06-07-2013 11:50 AM

and vice versa

orthodoc 06-08-2013 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 867349)
But ... but what if there are 72 virgins waiting for her on the other side? Will they still be virgins by the time she gets there; or, will she have to settle for sloppy seconds because her sister has already had them? Would she really want that special connection to go on forever? It's important to consider all the angles.

Who cares. Maybe angles aren't important. Maybe peace is what's important. Maybe nothing is important.

sexobon 06-08-2013 09:01 AM

ANGLES is an anagram of ANGELS.

Sundae 07-13-2013 03:40 PM

I know this is redundant. But I honestly cannot believe she is dead. Still dead.
I know she is. She'd never let so long go by without contacting me.
But it's so wrong, so inconceivable. Stupid, amazing lady was so alive.

And I loved her so much.

Lola Bunny 07-14-2013 09:17 PM

I know how you feel. It has been almost 5 months since my father passed away, and I still can't believe he's gone. I sometimes look at his desk and just stare. It still feels incredible.

Elspode 01-10-2014 06:19 PM

Damn. I'm awfully late to this terrible news. Your mother was one of my favorite Cellarites, and we were confidantes in earlier years. I'm so sorry I was absent when all this went down. I still have her phone # in my cell. I hope you all carry on with strong hearts and souls.

DanaC 01-11-2014 05:04 AM

Oh damn, Els. I didn't realise you didn't know.

Terrible thing. We all miss her so much.

Molasar 01-11-2014 06:37 AM

I apologise if I'm treading on anyone's sensibilities here but I don't think I've ever lucked into any community with such a depth and breadth of feeling towards fellow members.
it'll take you a millisecond to know I've only just joined so I cannot have known Trilby and cannot share your loss personally, but reading this thread, but I think I begin to understand it.

it may seem strange but reading this thread straight through I was immediately reminded of the Deep Purple song "Above and Beyond" specifically for the line
souls having touched are forever entwined
and that pretty much applies here.
I won't degrade things by posting links but it's on youtube and well worth a listen as one person's tribute to another held in very high regard.

xoxoxoBruce 01-11-2014 03:28 PM

Yeah, you got it.

lumberjim 01-11-2014 03:47 PM

You should have seen the time we bought UT his car. Million years ago.

glatt 01-11-2014 03:54 PM

Funny thing is he thinks you're joking now

sexobon 01-11-2014 04:04 PM

Edit a link to the Cellar Car thread into his post for him.