The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Technology (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mars: One Way (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23776)

BigV 09-14-2015 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 53370

xoxoxoBruce 09-14-2015 02:46 PM

Golly jeepers, without Hubble my life would have been so different. Not seeing those beautilicious photographs on the internet would have ruinized my emotional scrapbook.

it 09-14-2015 04:02 PM

Meh. Perhaps he views the discovery of organic chemicals in other solar systems, or the age and our place in the universe, or the thorough understanding of the likely fate of the universe, as essential to his theory. It can be so much, but I gather it is one of those people that view things in a very certain limited narrow way - like the mind of an old fashioned radar with a broken rotor.

I've encountered people like that in the past: He doesn't understand how the advancement of humankind can mean different things in different frameworks or how the discoveries of Hubble or the technologies developed in the Apollo program can have more implications and possible connections then the particular points they inspired for him. Such people can have very interesting perspectives at times with a lot of merit, but there are certain signs when they are there, and more transparently certain defensive strategies that come to play when they are not. So far, in this case there's only the later. It is the same kind of mental handicap that allows him to think of maturity as a linear process and thus easy measurement, which from sexabon comments I gather it's a handicap he likes to demonstrate a lot. I suppose exhibitionism comes in all flavors.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 938972)

And just like a saxabon post, a knot of disconnected strings tied with fallacies and logical errors and degrees of irony so tight that I don't even know where to start puling from first, like a tiny shitty religion that got invented on the spot and packed into a paragraph. I was almost expecting an attempt at a spell correction victory or some other pathetic excuse for 1upmanship as a replacement for thoughtful investment and awareness, and it seems I got the later.

Anyway, you've made your choice:

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 938945)
I appreciate a good lampshade as much as anyone, but considering you've already demonstrated that you take your title description to heart, it's more likely that your beliefs stand on sticking to your guns no matter the peer review - which makes it questionable whether your ideas can stand without strings attached at the goal at all. This is your chance to demonstrate otherwise, show that you might have something of substance to offer, or... Choose not too.

The good new is that your choice can be undone - if you are capable of seen yourself within your own maze or have a portion of the maturity you pretend too, you can always stop to think about what you were actually doing and go back to review your choice.

The bad news is that option is available to you regardless of whether you choose to consider it or not. Every single portion of time in which you could have chosen to demonstrate that your theory has substance is another line on a chart where your name and 0% exists next to a time stamp, with the 2nd column marked "substance demonstrated". Tick tock, another piece of evidence against the theory that tw has something of substance to demonstrate got timestamped on the clock, every hour is an experiment to find signs of merit to your thoughts (or beliefs resulting from with lack thereof), and every hour that passes without it is another experiment that found nothing.

sexobon 09-14-2015 04:19 PM

I'm glad tw is xoB's bitch now instead of mine. Tw's developmental impairment is manifesting itself again. Poor tw has failed his Kobayashi Maru in the Mars; One Way thread because of it. He just can't win. I hope his form of handicap spares him from ruminating over it like a traceur. :rolleyes:

tw 09-14-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 939020)
Meh. Perhaps he views the discovery of organic chemicals in other solar systems, ....

Do you think you could answer some simple questions rather than fill the board with your manhood?
Apparently my ethics software blockes that picture of your penis. Was it relevant?

it 09-14-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 939032)
Do you think you could answer some simple questions rather than fill the board with your manhood? Was it relevant?

So to be clear:
- berating people for acting like children and not been adult enough for a mature logical discussion is something that you've outright become famous for...
- You try to support the above by accuse people of flapping their e-penis at your face.

Do you not see the irony of that? At all? Can something so lowly transparent seriously fly so high above your head?

I asked you first:
Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 938901)
Tw - how do you define the advancement of human kind?

It's not even a particularly informative question, it's showing interest in your mental framework, despite everyone in the thread saying there's no point. All it requires is some minimum degree of self-inquiry within your own thinking.
Instead of answering, you asked your own questions in turn, which can work under certain conditions, except when that here you can provide a dozen answer each depending entirely on how you define the very variable which I asked you about: The selection of which potential answers demonstrate that the hubble telescope provided more advancement to humankind then to the apollo program depends on how you define the advancement of humankind in the first place, if you think there is an obvious answer that can make the question into a useful leading question it demonstrates your answer is built - or at least supported by - really transparent circular logic.

Now, are you going to sexabon this, or are you going to provide an answer?

sexobon 09-14-2015 09:43 PM

So many questions, so few answers, so much sexobon envy (astute enough not to ask questions of those who like to hear themselves talk) ... it's good to be the sexobon.

it 09-14-2015 09:55 PM

Hey now, making the prediction that we aren't going to get along very well was my mindbaby, you don't get to be astute for making a decision that was made for you :p:

sexobon 09-14-2015 11:09 PM

You can believe that if you like; but, I've been doing the same with the kindred Read? I only know how to write. types since long before you got here.

it 09-15-2015 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 939051)
You can believe that if you like;

Now you don't believe in timestamps? :p:
My prediction http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=935237&postcount=20
Your response http://cellar.org/showpost.php?p=935312&postcount=25

Your response even has my prediction in the quote...

Quote:

but, I've been doing the same with the kindred Read? I only know how to write. types since long before you got here.

After how long of actually arguing with him? :p

So far he isn't quite as bad as you, I don't see anyone else stretching the fabric of space-time to try to justify a compliment they gave themselves. Your favorite go-to line so far is blaming other people for loving to hear themselves speak too much and yet here you are defending your own reflection for the compliments and kind words it gave you. Frankly I think your trying a bit to hard, if you want a relationship you should probably try to build it on honesty instead, and if it's a one night stand you're after it really shouldn't be that difficult to get into your own pants ;)

tw 09-15-2015 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 939038)
So to be clear:
- berating people for acting like children and not been adult enough for a mature logical discussion is something that you've outright become famous for...

Berating is what you started. I simply defined what you are doing - acting like an adult who is still a child.

Two simple questions. You could not even answer them. Instead you posted a tirade that only a child having a tantrum would post.

Of course, you could grown up, answer those two simple questions, and then we might have an adult conversation. Apparently you cannot. That would be admitting to your tirade.

tw 09-15-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Read? I only know how to write. types since long before you got here.

Satire always escapes you.

it 09-15-2015 10:33 AM

Ok, I think at this point I should probably check, so before we continue I am just going to ask: Are you autistic? Or rather have you ever been diagnosed as such by a professional (regardless of whether you agreed with it)?

Mind you, that question in itself isn't intended as an insult, one of my closest friends and probably the most admirable minds I know is of a quantum biologist with autism.... You are nothing like him, obviously, but I have also been in a similar situation in the past with someone else where what appeared to me as stubborn willful ignorance similar to yours turned out to be a poor bastard who really had no idea what was going on around him out of no choice of his own, not extreme enough autism to make it obvious through the internet but not high functioning enough to be able to adapt coping strategies that transcend it's limitations either.

Frankly I am hoping for a "no" so I can continue to have fun with you, but I want to check first.

Lamplighter 09-15-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 939066)
Ok, I think at this point ...

Sexobon has cloned himself...

it 09-15-2015 10:58 AM

Heh, not surprising, but I am guessing it's different motives: Sexobon was more likely to try to force a positive diagnosis of his own as a play on it's own, I am taking a step back to avoid any existing positive diagnosis so that I won't feel like shit about playing with someone with disabilities.