The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where'm I gonna live? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28025)

orthodoc 11-19-2012 12:52 PM

Progress is good. Hang in there. Nice to have the moving expense allowance!

jimhelm 11-19-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 837031)
Inside, I haven't looked at it up close yet because I didn't have a flashlight.

I only ran out of oil on holidays. If it happens, go get some kerosene, and that will get you through until they can deliver.

xoxoxoBruce 11-20-2012 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 839482)
gettin' those ducks in a row!

Fuck that, get 'em in the freezer. :lol:

Undertoad 11-20-2012 03:07 PM

Moving day is Dec. 5th. I booked professionals to take care of it, no help needed.

Big Sarge 11-20-2012 03:19 PM

Great! Christmas in a new house. You will have to post some pics when you get settled

Chocolatl 11-20-2012 05:22 PM

Congrats, UT!

limey 11-21-2012 05:14 AM

Great news! I highly recommend the experience of professional removers. Expensive maybe, but so SO worth it for making the stress more bearable.

DanaC 11-21-2012 06:17 AM

Awesome sauce :)

Trilby 11-21-2012 06:46 AM

Hiring movers is the best gift you can give yourself right now.

infinite monkey 11-21-2012 07:13 AM

I hired the basketball team from where I used to work to help me move from my apartment in the sky!

All I can think about is the Seinfeld episode where Keith Hernandez (played by Keith Hernandez) wants Jerry to help him move. Jerry is freaking out about how he doesn't know him that well, it's awfully early in the relationship, etc. He tells Kramer about it and Kramer says "What? You barely KNOW him!"

Because friends will help you move, and better friends will hire people so they don't have to help! Seriously, moving is rough. Good for you re: the movers.

Undertoad 11-21-2012 07:31 AM

Four out of the five friends who offered to help me move are guitarists. I told them (on facebook) that they shouldn't be risking their hands and fingers on this. I have a lot of heavy shit I've accumulated over the last 19 years.

infinite monkey 11-21-2012 07:43 AM

Friends are wonderful...but anytime you can get the professionals to do it, then do!

I need to hire someone to do a bunch of stuff at my place, but I can't even let myself let the neighbor guy who offered to buff out the scratched part of my car help me. It's a big issue with me: letting people help.

Then again, when you're paying someone it's win-win.

Lamplighter 11-21-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 839802)
Great news! I highly recommend the experience of professional removers. Expensive maybe, but so SO worth it for making the stress more bearable.

Especially when you're moving to/from an island :rolleyes:

Undertoad 11-21-2012 02:36 PM

To my horror Verizon FIOS does not serve shitty little farmhouses

I am required to get *gasp* Comcast service

The process of just trying to order service has been horrible

Multiple chat sessions with semi-anonymous chat agents from around the world say that some sort of error prevents them from completing my order. It goes like this:

analyst Fahad has entered room

Fahad: Hello Undertoad, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Fahad. Please give me one moment to review your information.

Fahad: It's nice to have you on chat & serve you with the services of Comcast. How are you doing today?

Undertoad: excellent

Fahad: I am glad to hear that you are doing excellent.

Fahad: Welcome to the Comcast Family. I truly appreciate your interest in Comcast as your chosen service provider.

Fahad: As I am delighted that you would like to sign up for HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play with 2-year agreement.

Undertoad: I look forward to the service

Fahad: Sure.

Fahad: I will now create an account for you. To create new accounts we require to run a credit check. I will appreciate if you allow me to run the Credit Check.

Fahad: To process a request for new service, it is our policy to verify identity through credit check to determine if a deposit is required.

Undertoad: During the order process I paid a deposit to bypass the credit check

Fahad: Okay, let me check.

Fahad: Undertoad, as I checked that Credit check is not done yet.

Fahad: And system didn't charge the deposit amount.

Fahad: And I will run the Credit Check and I will let you know the deposit amount.

Undertoad: OK

Fahad: Thank you

Fahad: Would you like to add the name of another person as an authorized user who will have the right to make the changes to the account?

Undertoad: no thank you

Fahad: Okay.

Fahad: As I checked that you need one HD Box for $9.25/month

Fahad: I am working in your account so please bear with me.

Undertoad: no problem

Fahad: There is a one time installation fee which is $34.99 + additional box installation is $14.15 and for the Non published set up fee $15

Fahad: And I would like to inform you that this package will cost you $129.99/month for 12 months and after 12 months it will cost you $159.99/month and after 24 months it will cost you $179.95/month

Fahad: Undertoad, I am getting an error so I am trying it to resolve it, so please bear with me.

Fahad: While waiting, let me share with you one of our FREE services. DESKTOP DOCTOR. This free, downloadable application helps keep your computer and Internet connection running smoothly. If you ever lose Internet connectivity or your email stops working in the future, Desktop Doctor remembers your original settings and will get you back to surfing in no time. Here is the link: (link deleted)

Undertoad: This is the second time my order has gotten an error at this step.

Fahad: No problem!

Fahad: I am almost done with that error.

Fahad: Please give me few minutes.

Anton: Take your time

Fahad: Thank you for the understanding.

Fahad: Undertoad, the error is that you can go with the Starter XF Triple Play for $99.00/month for 12 months with the 2 year agreement.

Fahad: HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play with 2-year agreement this package is not in your area.

Fahad: So no worries, you can later upgrade the services.

Fahad: And we have the Starter XF Triple Play without agreement also.

Fahad: So shall I add the Starter XF Triple Play?

Undertoad: What level of Internet service is included with Starter XF Triple Play?

Fahad: In this you will get the speed up to 20 mbps.

Undertoad: Thank you. What is the price without the 2 year agreement?

Fahad: It is same price.

Fahad: And if you go without agreement, you can cancel it anytime.

Undertoad: Thank you. I would like to order the Starter XF Triple Play without the 2 year agreement.

Fahad: Sure.

Fahad: I am adding the package so please bear with me.

Undertoad: no problem

Fahad: Undertoad, I am still getting an error.

Fahad: Undertoad, now this error is showing that you need to visit our Local Service Center.

Fahad: And they will process your Order.

Fahad: I tried a lot but nothing happens, I am sorry for that.

Undertoad: Fahad, I am sorry that you have to work with Comcast. I know that it must be very trying and difficult. I hope for better days for you.

Fahad: I do understand your frustration.

Trilby 11-21-2012 02:39 PM

I'm exhausted FOR you.