The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's for Dinner? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6848)

xoxoxoBruce 04-25-2016 10:11 PM

You really try it thawed, it's much more gooder. :yesnod:

Gravdigr 04-26-2016 11:06 AM

It was this morning's breakfast, actually.

You're right, it's gooder when it's hot.

xoxoxoBruce 04-26-2016 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Vinnie has the right idea although not CC for me.

bbro 05-03-2016 08:15 AM

Fried shrimp with bang bang sauce and cantaloupe. The breakfast took most of my calories, so I can't have a normal side - lol

DanaC 05-04-2016 04:43 PM

Boioed potatoes and mixed veg, with minced beef.

For once I managed to achieve a proper, rich, brown gravy with the mince. It was delicious!

Mince and gravy:

1 small onion, chopped fine
c. 75 grams minced beef
a sprinkle of garlic flakes
a splash of worcestershire sauce
a little pepper and salt
1/2 a beef stock cube
1/2 a chicken 'stockpot'
teaspoon of rasberry jam
teaspoon of instant porridge
1/2 pint of water
a little oil for cooking

Heat the oil in a pan, and add the onion - once it starts to sizzle, reduce the heat, cover and sweat the onion for about 5 minutes. Then turn up the heat and add the mince - as it starts to brown throw in the garlic granules, salt and pepper and the splash of worcestershire sauce.

Once the mince is browned, sprinkle the instant porridge ( in lieu of flour, which I don't have) and let it soak up the grease - stir it round and then let it catch the bottom of the pan a little. Add some boiled water and give it a good stir. Throw in the stock cube and stock pot along with the spoon of jam, bring to the boil and then reduce heat and let it simmer, stirring regularly, uncovered to reduce the liquid and thicken.

Serve over potatoes and veg.

limey 05-04-2016 05:33 PM

Brilliant, Dana!

Sent by thought transference

bbro 05-16-2016 09:56 AM

M-W-F - English Muffin Pepperoni Pizzas
T-H - Greek fries. I hope my mouth is un-numbed by dinner time after getting some cavities filled on Tuesday.

DanaC 05-20-2016 03:24 PM

I needed to use up some food that was in danger of being wasted - the last two potatoes, which had grown legs and were about ready to walk off on their own, and the last, rather lonely looking rasher of bacon.

So, I cubed the potato and boiled til soft then allowed to cool, and whilst they were cooling, I heated some oil and a little butter in the frying pan, threw in a handful of frozen chopped onions and frozen chopped peppers (mixed colours), and the rasher of bacon chopped into little pieces. Once that was browning nicely, I added a couple of cloves of crushed garlic, and a little salt and pepper, then added the potato, stirred round til golden.
Delish!

bbro 05-23-2016 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chicken, cauliflower, cucumber pasta salad

xoxoxoBruce 05-23-2016 11:00 PM

I had chicken and squirrely pasta unadulterated with the veggies.

DanaC 05-30-2016 10:23 AM

bbro, did that meal taste as good as it looks??

i have a pan of chilli bubbling away (to be served with potato and sweet potato mash) so my house smells awesome right now.

bbro 05-30-2016 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 961330)
bbro, did that meal taste as good as it looks??

Yep! The only problem was the pasta. I was lazy and didn't peel the cucumber and it was the most foul tasting skin ever. I just take out the cucumber when I eat it.

DanaC 05-30-2016 11:15 AM

omg that chilli was damn near perfect!

bbro 05-30-2016 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 961333)
omg that chilli was damn near perfect!

I don't eat chili enough. I don't like beans, but now I want chili. Off to peruse the interwebs

xoxoxoBruce 05-30-2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

didn't peel the cucumber
:greenface
OMG, I think cuke skin has evolved to nauseate, if not kill, predators.