The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

jinx 06-26-2009 06:45 PM

Undisclosed dill in my baby lettuces mix. Dill has a flavor folks, you can't just put it in shit willyfuckingnilly! Ruined my tacos. Gah!

Shawnee123 06-26-2009 07:51 PM

wfn! willyfuckingnilly. I love it.

Right now, my cat is irritating the shit out of me. I've been letting him out at night because he likes it, he's a cat, and there is plenty of room to play in the back near the river.

But I won't let him out until it's dark and all the old folks are abed, and the drunk neighbor who likes to take cats to the shelter will be dead drunk. So he cries. Loud. Really loud.

Ooooh, a moment of quiet. Shhhhh, don't say outway-idesay.

Shawnee123 06-27-2009 07:54 AM

grumble grumble gotta go make the doughnuts grumble grumble

Glinda 06-27-2009 01:40 PM

Crap. I've got a writing job, so I can't enjoy the perfectly OUTSTANDING day out there.

:mad:

Juniper 06-27-2009 09:15 PM

Crap. I have a writing job too. I don't want to do it. Concrete is BORING!

xoxoxoBruce 06-28-2009 02:39 AM

Not all concrete is boring.;)

TheMercenary 06-28-2009 08:32 AM

Cool stuff Bruce. I would love to build a steel and concrete house.

Shawnee123 06-28-2009 09:23 AM

Merc, there are steel welded homes in Troy OH...built by Hobart Bros back in the day. Sometimes you can pick them out, knowing what neighborhoods they're in, but often it's hard to tell. I was in one once. They had a hard time keeping the rust off the walls from moisture. Here's an article about one of the nicer ones (I"ve always found them interesting, and try to spot them when I am in that area.)

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WM410B

Shawnee123 06-30-2009 12:34 PM

Another damn neck/shoulder muscle spasm.

Glinda 06-30-2009 01:07 PM

Sigh. In order to get the uh, medicine I need, I have to drive all the way into town, stop at the bank, drop the money off elsewhere, then come back home to wait for a phone call.

I HATE that! :joint:

Sundae 06-30-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 577978)
Undisclosed dill in my baby lettuces mix. Dill has a flavor folks, you can't just put it in shit willyfuckingnilly! Ruined my tacos. Gah!

With me it's fennel or star anise (usually in fish dishes and chinese chicken respectively). NO! It tastes of aniseed! Don't do it!

You have my unreserved sympathy.

Shawnee - I get the same from the Diz cat. Re yowling I mean, not spasms.
But that's nothing to do with going outside, that's just him kicking back because the 'rents are gone.
He's in here now asleep on the spare duvet in the corner. Why? Because I'm here. Thank anything that's holy he's blissed out by the heat and not trying to climb up on my sticky legs.

And if I were there I'd get you a massage.
Not from me - I don't like touching people unless I fancy them.
But one way or another I'd make sure you got one!

Shawnee123 07-09-2009 07:27 AM

Thanks! :) Gaines continues his nightly yowl, but I dont' let him out until about 9:30.

Today, as I was replying to a thread, I felt all the blood go from my head and was 2 seconds away from passing out. I'm not a fainter. I have a friend whose whole family faints all the time. I said that Fainting Goat video was her family reunion. But I never faint. I almost did...got real warm feeling, couldn't focus. Then I got a ringing in my ears and now I am shaky.

What the hell is wrong with me? I feel fine otherwise.

Shawnee123 07-09-2009 02:06 PM

:shotgun::blah:

Aliantha 07-09-2009 04:22 PM

Were you in the politics thread? Sometimes a sudden rise or drop in BP can cause that feeling. ;)

Pooka 07-09-2009 04:26 PM

The scab from my ear drum has FINALLY worked itself to the opening of my ear canal... and it itches like a mutha fuka