The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   good music on youtube (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13372)

Gravdigr 09-05-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 937991)
Limey, what is it about Scotland that it produces so much amazing music?

I dare anyone to hate this. You cannot.

I beg to differ. Well, hate isn't the word, so, I guess you're right, after all. I'll use firm dislike.

ETA: I'm so picky when it comes to music, I prolly shouldn't count, anyway.

xoxoxoBruce 09-05-2015 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sure it does...

Gravdigr 09-07-2015 09:41 AM

In a bid to find something I can listen to, I've been exploring older country music. In the "Word Association" thread I came up with Merle Travis, guitar picking fool, and, homeboy. So, I went looking for some "Travis Picking".

I don't ordinarily go for playlists on YouTube, but, someone put together one for the album "The Atkins – Travis Traveling Show" (Travis was a major influence on Atkins' playing style), and, if you like guitar, I strongly encourage you to give it a listen.

Chet Atkins in the left ear, Merle Travis in the right ear. Some of the best picking you'll hear. They talk some over the music on a few of the tunes, but, it's interesting, and, it doesn't detract too much from the tuneage.

Alrighty, then. I just found out playlists won't embed like a regular video,:mad:, so click here to go to YouTube to hear it. Well worth the click.

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2015 09:48 AM

Outstanding! :thumb::thumb: In older Country & Western, there was some great stuff mixed in with normal wailing, whining and selling beer.

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2015 10:16 AM

Digr, you might like Sonny Landreth's latest album, he collaborates with Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Robben Ford, Eric Johnson and Vince Gill, plus Dr. John, and Jimmy Buffett.
This is him alone.

Gravdigr 09-07-2015 12:56 PM

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I'll have to check out some more of his stuff before I commit.

He looks familiar.

DanaC 09-23-2015 01:47 AM

My latest musical discovery is Postmodern Jukebox:

Gravdigr 09-23-2015 10:32 AM

Haley Reinhart<--->:love:

Meh, I kinda liked her rendition of "Oops".

I really liked watching her renditioning it.:thankyou:

Undertoad 09-28-2015 06:44 PM

This was the British guitar sound of the early 1990s. In case you weren't aware. Get lost in the swirrrrrrrrling chords, did everyone have a chorus pedal, were they like really cheap there or something?

If this band did not exist Radiohead would not have existed. I imagine. In my head. Nobody has said that, I think. Except me.

There's no reason not to get the band back together...

xoxoxoBruce 09-30-2015 04:26 PM

I like these dudes, anti-ticket music for night driving.

fargon 09-30-2015 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 940524)
I like these dudes, anti-ticket music for night driving.

I liked it. It soothed me.

DanaC 10-07-2015 05:04 PM

I really like this.

Undertoad 10-07-2015 06:24 PM

Pretty cool

Griff 10-07-2015 06:57 PM

I'm enjoying this.

Gravdigr 10-20-2015 04:27 PM

Holy. Shit.

It appears that I've found a current(ish) piece of music I actually like.

The Darkness - Open Fire

**Is it just me, or, do these guys sound like The Cult?**

Also, if I could get rid of the "aaaahhhhhhhhhhhAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHhaaaaahahahhhhh", this would be decent:

The Darkness - Barbarian

I listened to a lot of their stuff, and couldn't find anything else I could stand. These two seem to be outliers from their 'regular' style of music.

I was turned on to them by this article--->An Epic Conversation With The Darkness’s Justin Hawkins, Last of His Kind