The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

DanaC 06-29-2019 09:41 AM

Hahahahaha. Very good.

DanaC 06-29-2019 09:41 AM

Hope yous guys' hips are ok.

Gravdigr 06-29-2019 12:44 PM

I hate back trouble. Hope yours gets straightened out.

hideouse 06-29-2019 12:44 PM

I am pissed off at the xenophobia that threatens to have my adopted from Korea son, currently in the US Army, deported back to Korea. Once we had the adoption decree we thought we were done. But no, you've got to get the CoC, certificate of citizenship, so now we get to try to find all the original paperwork, and get the CoC before some officious self righteous bigot kicks my son out of the country. yay Merica.

DanaC 06-29-2019 01:27 PM

That's insane. He's been raised as an American.

@ Grav - ta hon. Hope you're feeling better soon too.

sexobon 06-29-2019 02:22 PM

Non-citizens are allowed to serve in the US military. It won't be a problem until he gets out of the military; unless, something turns up in his background investigation. If he gets out without citizenship papers and his legal residency term has expired, then he can be deported. He can fight it though if he has a clean background.

The bigger problem is that without citizenship, his opportunities in the military will be severely limited. He can't be granted a security clearance so he can't be an officer, warrant officer; or, in the top 2 NCO ranks. He can't serve in some types of units like Special Ops, Intelligence; or, EOD. The military's Qualitative Management Program (i.e. get promoted or get put out) may force him out before retirement when he gets to a point where he's not eligible for further promotions as a non-citizen.

Jump through the hoops. Better late than never.

monster 06-29-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 1034908)
It went for something and nothing as well. I had a sneezing fit - that's it. Just a fucking sneezing fit.

Ah well, it could be worse - I could be working this weekend - and I daresay the gigantic joint I just rolled will make me feel better :P

Sneezing is a big risk for backs. We (my family when I was a kid) once had our summer holiday in LLandudno cancelled because the guy who ran the B&B we were booked into tried to hold back a sneeze when he was on the phone, but it came anyway and he popped a disc in his back.

fargon 06-29-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 1034732)
My sister has fucked up the sale of my Dads farm with her greedy bullshit. We had a buyer and everything was set to go, and she doubles the asking price for her section of the property. And this is what killed the deal. Her bullshit has cost me over 100K, and I'm way pissed off.

I spoke to soon. When I spoke to the Realtor that my other sister knows she got all exited and said we were getting ripped off and has listed my section for $200,000.00 and she thinks that she will have it sold next week. I'm skeptical but she is the expert.

sexobon 06-29-2019 05:30 PM

How much do you want for the smart sister who doubled the asking price for her section?

fargon 06-30-2019 06:10 PM

I ain't giving her nothing. Because she wouldn't give me nothing.

xoxoxoBruce 07-04-2019 01:54 AM

I went to move my pickup today and the battery was low, only turn over twice, since I hadn't driven it since last year. No problem, grab the spare battery and cables, and pop the hood. While hooking up the battery on the passenger side of the engine compartment I notice on the drivers side a small paper wasp nest about 2 inches across with 4 or 5 wasps sitting on it. No big deal live and let live, until I walked around to start the truck and one of those bastards hit me about an inch from my left eye.
Pain, swelling and an oath that all of them and all their babies will die.:mad2:

Carruthers 07-04-2019 05:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 1035121)
I went to move my pickup today and the battery was low, only turn over twice, since I hadn't driven it since last year. No problem, grab the spare battery and cables, and pop the hood. While hooking up the battery on the passenger side of the engine compartment I notice on the drivers side a small paper wasp nest about 2 inches across with 4 or 5 wasps sitting on it. No big deal live and let live, until I walked around to start the truck and one of those bastards hit me about an inch from my left eye.
Pain, swelling and an oath that all of them and all their babies will die.:mad2:

Consider yourself fortunate that you don't live in Alabama. :eek:

Attachment 68207

Quote:

Massive wasp nests as big as a car are appearing in Alabama (again)

(CNN)Scientists issued a buzzworthy warning to Alabama residents: thousands of wasps are making the state home in what are called perennial yellow jacket nests. And they are freaky.
In 2006, a colony of 15,000 yellow jackets -- the size of a Volkswagen Beetle -- was one of 90 perennial nests located in Alabama that year. Entomologist Charles Ray said something like this may happen again in 2019.
Link

Clodfobble 07-04-2019 06:42 AM

Hope your eye is okay, Bruce. :(

xoxoxoBruce 07-04-2019 06:56 AM

Yeah, the swelling in my face is going down. The swelling in my vengeance is not.

I don't understand why the Alabamians...Alabamens... Rednecks, don't destroy those nests before they become gargantuan. Maybe misguided bragging rights? :confused:

fargon 07-04-2019 06:58 AM

That's Good.