The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   The Internet (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Yet more keen links one might want to share (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7624)

BigV 07-21-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna
--snip--... I am, with all my faults, supposed to be the grown-up.

Bottom line.

Even when I'm being poked with a stick, yanked by my chain, etc. Two thoughts: this is just the (longish) moment before the sh*t actually hits the fan, it is on an inevitable trajectory, we're just seeing it mid-fling. (Upon reflection, I think much poo has been flung to this point, and we're seeing a moment between barrages... :blech: )

Also, just before, and especially after impact, is an important time to remember the bottom line. This can be/should be a teachable moment. There is an optimum response here. Just based on the short clip we saw, I can't fairly say what it is, more this or less that, harder, softer, whatever. I can imagine many other much worse responses that weren't captured on tape, and that's encouraging.

Kids are continuously probing the limits of their world, (think of all the reckless behaviors you and I know better than to attempt). Knowing where the edge of the parents' _____ (tolerance, flashpoint, devotion, etc) is is an important piece of figuring out the big unknown (though they'll choke before they admit it) world.

Parenting is one unending test, administered by the children and other circumstances. I got to pay attention or I fail the test and I fail the kid.

Hobbs 07-21-2005 12:08 PM

I ran into this link the other day looking for a information on King Tut. Check out the "Atlas of The Valley of the Kings" and all of the tombs therein. I'm not a real nut for ancient Egypt stuff, I just dig on historical stuff and awsome uses of Flash animation programming.

Theban Mapping Project

Queen of the Ryche 07-21-2005 03:00 PM

Amazing Hobbs. Thanks.

mrnoodle 07-27-2005 02:45 PM

Found this nutty link about black power and such while browsing memepool today. I haven't decided if it's a joke or not. I laughed, but YMMV. The theme is supposedly "white lesbian feminists stole our women and we have to take them back" but there are about 10 pages (so far) that are just rants about black women who dye their hair "piss yellow". With hilarious pics.

Anyway.

Trilby 07-27-2005 04:34 PM

Oops--that website noodle posted states they oppose lesbian feminism witchcraft. They've just made a powerful enemy.

mrnoodle 08-01-2005 03:57 PM

Remember the falling woman? Here are some mods. bin laden possibly nsfw, since his little weener sticks out

wolf 08-01-2005 05:22 PM

Bin Laden gets himself stuck in some very unusual postures, I must say.

BigV 08-15-2005 05:30 PM

And now for something different. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

SKELETON MAN!!

wolf 08-16-2005 01:42 AM

Awesome.

I've seen this before. I think it is very cool when Skeleton Man disses the inadequate tippers.

BrianR 08-16-2005 03:02 PM

Ever wonder what would happen if you popped a water balloon in space?

click here to find out.

NASA has too much time on their hands.

wolf 08-17-2005 01:16 AM

You should not mock important science like that!

Trilby 08-17-2005 09:02 AM

www.gofugyourself.com is a site that will cheer you right up. I like the archive on Britney the very best. Enjoy!

Queen of the Ryche 08-17-2005 09:30 AM

That's so funny! I was just thinking about posting Fug, as well as http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/

wolf 08-30-2005 12:51 AM

How Gullible Are You?

Your GF score is 79.
(Out of a range of 0 - 100, where 0 = mind slave, and 100 = free thinker.)

Free Thinker
Welcome to the top 5%. You're a true free thinker and a person who is well informed about the reality in which you live. Although you may have been easily manipulated earlier in life, you eventually gained lucidity and developed a healthy sense of skepticism that you now automatically apply to your observations and experiences. You are endlessly curious about human behavior and the nature of the universe, and you have one or more lifestyle habits that most people would consider odd or unusual. You are not only of very high intelligence, you are also extremely creative in one or more areas (music, art, software development, inventing, etc.)

If you were in The Matrix, you would have taken the red pill, completed the combat training, and started fighting (and beating) agents from day one.

Your architects: You have cast off reality distortions taught to you by your parents, schooling, corporate advertising and government propaganda. You create your own beliefs based on what serves you best, without much regard for what the rest of the crowd is doing. You are guided by your own internal code of ethics (which may or may not agree with politically-correct ethical codes) rather than any pre-set system of ethics (such as from any one religion).

bigw00dy 08-30-2005 08:31 AM

For anybody who follows the Philiadelphia Eagles and Terrel Owens controversy.