The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Recent Movies You've Seen? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21617)

Chocolatl 11-19-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 835193)
What was great was when the jolt moments happened, we'd all gasp, then we'd all giggle at the collective gasp.

I think this is one thing that a home theater can never replicate. Seeing a movie with a crowd is so different because of the temporary community it creates.

Saturday I went to go see the last Twilight movie with my best friend -- we've seen all of them in the theater, so for tradition's sake I suffered through one last one. We had a great time gossiping with the women on either side of us, and we all clapped and yelled at an unexpected twist. I love those shared moments with other people.

xoxoxoBruce 11-20-2012 01:49 AM

I would highly recommend Spielberg's, Lincoln.

glatt 11-20-2012 07:30 AM

I now know of two people who have seen that movie, and both have highly recommended it.

infinite monkey 11-20-2012 08:34 AM

I would like to see that. I just looked it up on IMDb...what a cast! Jackie Earle Haley...always glad to see him get a good role.

I also want to see Flight but it hasn't come to our theater yet.

Maybe if my back is better I'll hit a movie over the long weekend.

Happy Monkey 11-20-2012 09:08 AM

Make it three. Very good.

bluecuracao 11-22-2012 02:18 PM

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter was fun. I wouldn't highly recommend it, but as long as you go in with standard vampire-hunter movie expectations, you will probably enjoy it.

infinite monkey 10-08-2014 05:24 PM

I just saw Gone Girl. Excellent. I almost wish I hadn't read the book first. The reactions from the older folks in the theater were fun!

infinite monkey 10-08-2014 05:28 PM

OMG I kept wondering who the lady was playing Detective Boney. She played Matt Saracen's mom on Friday Night Lights, which I am currently rewatching. I'm on season 4 and season 5 is on its way.

infinite monkey 11-20-2014 08:31 PM

Next up: Chef.

John Favreau (director, writer, and starring), John Leguizamo, Sophia Vergara...and...

Dustin Hoffman, Scarlett Johansson, Bobby Cannavale, Oliver Platt, and Robert Downey Jr.

I saved the kid actor for last. He was really great. Name: Emjay Anthony.

BigV 11-20-2014 08:35 PM

You're gonna eat that one up. We loved it when we saw it in the theater. Splendid movie. :)

infinite monkey 11-20-2014 08:44 PM

LOVED it! Great movie, and it's so refreshing that someone else saw it too. I got it 'on demand' on my TV. Thanks BigV! :)

footfootfoot 11-21-2014 06:04 PM

Liked Chef as well.

Was unsure about gone girl, but I'll give it a try.

infinite monkey 11-22-2014 07:59 PM

I found another one! Housebound. It's a comedy/mystery/suspense out of New Zealand.

Like how Scream was scary but funny, but maybe even better. Highly recommended, if you're into that sort of thing.

Quote:

Even some of the best horror-comedy movies tend to favor one genre over the other, but Housebound strikes a great balance between laughs and scares -- largely because it doesn't beat you over the head with the humor.
quote by By Mark H. Harris

footfootfoot 12-09-2014 04:10 PM

Housebound was great!

infinite monkey 12-09-2014 04:29 PM

I'm so glad you liked it! I watched it twice and now I want to buy it just to have it.

Did you love the chick, or what? I LOVED her! And her wacky mom!