The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What Are You Drinking Tonight? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28491)

glatt 03-04-2014 10:07 AM

It was back in stock, and we bought another case.

I love this wine. It is so yummy (and cheap!) If they keep it in stock, then we can just pick up a case every couple months when we are there. Otherwise I feel like we should hoard it.

footfootfoot 03-04-2014 10:35 AM

As long as it doesn't crowd out wheaties shelf space.

footfootfoot 03-04-2014 10:38 AM

I picked up a 12 of Ruthless Rye IPA. It was nice. I really like Sierra nevada's beers; they are well balanced and drinkable. Currently reading his biography, "beyond the pale"

glatt 03-04-2014 10:38 AM

My Wheaties hoard is a shadow of its former self. I think I may only have half a dozen boxes. They haven't made a pricing mistake since the last one.

footfootfoot 03-04-2014 11:26 AM

Now I know what to get you for Christmas http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/05/a2aquhuq.jpg

glatt 03-04-2014 11:54 AM

Kids today wouldn't even know what that is.

Gravdigr 03-07-2014 02:25 PM

I'm thinking something from the Wild Turkey section.

sexobon 03-07-2014 03:06 PM

I heard on the car radio that the feathers used to make Big Bird's costume are turkey feathers. Now that you know, if you drink too much Wild Turkey you may see Big Bird instead of a pink elephant.

BigV 03-07-2014 05:44 PM

Twil and I recently went to Portland for some roller derby fun, and after the bout we decided to walk around downtown. It was bitterly cold and we finally found refuge in a restaurant. The hot drinks were very appealing and we had one called the Fogcutter. Very simple, hot coffee and Avion Espresso Liquer (tequila and espresso).

OMG.

Sooooooo goooooood.

We made it a point to buy a bottle before coming home and we were able to duplicate the drink at home, it's delicious. On the heels of that victory, and inspired by Gravdir's cherry bomb, I decided to make a batch myself.

one part tequila
one part vodka
two parts moonshine (unaged whiskey)
one bag Cafe Rio candies (from Trader Joe's)

Add all the ingredients (the booze amounted to about a fifth/750 ml), shake, let dissolve, shake some more, etc. Drink. De-lishiz1!!

monster 03-07-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 884952)
Lately we found a delicious red wine at Trader Joes, imported from Italy. I think it's really pretty good. We bought a case and would get more, but they have since sold out. Only $4 a bottle for that one.

Edit: I forgot to add, it was the Vola Sangiovese. It really tastes like a good $25 bottle of wine. Pick a bottle up if you see one. And then go back for a case when you realize how good it is.

]

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 893869)
It was back in stock, and we bought another case.

I love this wine. It is so yummy (and cheap!) If they keep it in stock, then we can just pick up a case every couple months when we are there. Otherwise I feel like we should hoard it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 893866)
!!!

I've revisited this thread for other reasons but find myself compelled to reply to this post. (I believe) I independently discovered this wine. It's *delicious*! I don't remember reading this post but I sure do remember this wine. Get some, a case is not overkill.

We found a French red like this there -L'Authentique. Also about $4. Also in and out of stock so I buy it by the case, although we don't drink wine all that often. but it's really good.

sexobon 05-23-2014 08:47 PM

Cup of coffee so I can stay awake to watch the meteor shower.

Urbane Guerrilla 05-25-2014 01:11 AM

Speyburn Bradan Orach. And I might step out to see if the sky is clear...

Gravdigr 05-25-2014 01:05 PM

I've run out of money this month, already, so, it's Bud Light (or whatever's there).

wolf 05-25-2014 05:44 PM

Spending the weekends with friends, brought some of my precious Mad Elf stock along, then learned that they live down the street from s microbrewery (Free Will Brewing). Came home from a tasting with a half a load on and mango wheat beer and a smoked Porter. Ah, deliciousness.

Lola Bunny 05-25-2014 06:19 PM

Grabbed some Budweiser's margaritas as I left the party today. Yeah, drinking that tonight.