The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Weird News (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16997)

BigV 02-28-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 854744)
Her point is that he *is* a male relative, yet he's the one who hurt her.

the point is that is what male relatives do, hurt people.

ZenGum 03-04-2013 06:36 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-21654930

DanaC 03-04-2013 02:44 PM

Good catch Zenster!

I like that they still don't know who he is. I also liked this bit from a shop owner who believes she may have sold him the outfit:

Quote:

Kathryn Sutcliffe, of Kirkgate Market's The Joke Shop, said she sold a Batman outfit to a man in his 20s a couple of days before the incident.

She said: "Usually they want the Dark Knight costume but he wanted this one. He wanted the one with the muscly chest as well. It's like the one Del Boy wears in Only Fools and Horses."

[eta[
hahahaha. Sorry, am reading as I post. Another bit:

Quote:

She may be one of the few people who knows the Bradford Batman's name, as he paid with a credit card and she has the receipt, but she said she would keep his identity a secret.

DanaC 03-04-2013 02:48 PM

Buttershaw, incidentally, is not a place to fuck about unless you can seriously handle yourself.

Sundae 03-04-2013 10:23 PM

You got butter you can fuck just about anything you want.
Or so I guessed from Last Tango in Paris.

ZenGum 03-05-2013 03:57 AM

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/ani...of-of-unicorns

We could make a thread just for the crazy shit in North Korea.

footfootfoot 03-05-2013 09:40 AM

China's got all the dinosaurs AND the Terra Cotta army, why shouldn't NK have something just as good? (Besides the Harlem Globetrotters)

Gravdigr 03-07-2013 04:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
An oldie...

Attachment 43130

chrisinhouston 03-07-2013 06:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I love small town new paper crime reports! When I lived in California the Ojai news had The Police Blotter where I think they went out of their way to get a laugh. Here are a couple I have saved, not sure if anyone has put them here:

orthodoc 03-07-2013 07:16 PM

:lol: Enjoying an evening stroll - that's what we Canadians always say when we're up to something nefarious.

footfootfoot 03-07-2013 07:52 PM

Ortho, that should totally be your new user title:

Not Suspicious, Merely Canadian.

footfootfoot 03-11-2013 01:57 PM

Pussy is getting (even more) disruptive to society

Little Ferry Man Arrested in Hoboken after Vandalizing Downtown Bar

If a single clitoris can wreck a bar, imagine what an entire pussy could do.

(paging Helen of Troy...)

I didn't read the article, don't take me to task over the actual, irrelevant facts.

Crimson Ghost 03-12-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 856448)
Little Ferry Man Arrested in Hoboken after Vandalizing Downtown Bar

If a single clitoris can wreck a bar, imagine what an entire pussy could do.

(paging Helen of Troy...)

I didn't read the article, don't take me to task over the actual, irrelevant facts.

Make you go antiquing, use a duvet, and color coordinate your clothes.

footfootfoot 03-13-2013 12:15 AM

They fail to say whether the Dolphins are Orthodox ;)

Alert: Escaped Ukrainian navy dolphins may have guns

Quote:

• Killer Ukrainian dolphins on the loose
  • Dolphins are trained by navy to blow stuff up
  • Possibly just looking for dolphin love, not known when they'll return

WE interrupt your morning coffee to bring you extremely worrying news of three rogue dolphins on the loose.

In even more worrying news, the dolphins almost certainly have pistols and/or knives strapped to their heads and possibly their fins.

Here's the most frightening thing of all. This is not a gee-up. We repeat, this is not a gee-up.

If you still think it is a gee-up, you clearly haven't been paying attention to the Russian International News Agency RIA Novosti, which overnight reported that three of the Ukrainian navy's killer dolphins are on the loose.

Yes, killer Ukrainian Dolphins. There were five in the force and they all went rogue earlier this month. Two came back after a few days. But the other three are still out there...

xoxoxoBruce 03-13-2013 12:19 AM

Holy See, batman.

Quote:

On the day of the papal conclave, faces at the scandal-struck Vatican are probably even redder than usual after it has emerged that the Holy See had purchased a €23 million (£21 million) share of a Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna. The senior Vatican figure sweating the most due to the unlikely proximity of the gay Europa Multiclub is probably Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelisation of Peoples, who is due to participate in today’s election at the Sistine Chapel.
link