The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Idiot of The Day (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24867)

Gravdigr 05-17-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 928779)
And don't even think about place names in Wales...

Won't even...

I've been down that rabbit hole.

xoxoxoBruce 05-17-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 928767)
A woman yesterday was blethering on about all the places she'd visited, including Blenheim Palace. Which she called Blenn-hime.

Now why would a woman of obvious breeding and culture wish to lower herself to the guttural pronunciations of the local riffraff? Would you wish her to wallow in pronounsorial gutter of the Welsh also? :rolleyes:

Sundae 05-17-2015 04:09 PM

I'd love to be able to speak Welsh!
I love the Welsh.

Note I didn't wish to learn Welsh. I have no aptitude for languages. And I'm too lazy to work hard at it.

But if I was able to download them to my brain, my wish list would be Mandarin, Urdu and Welsh. The first two far more useful, the third most lyrical. It's a beautiful language. And so foreign.

Gravdigr 05-25-2015 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Idiot Fucking Fool Of The Day:

Attachment 51727

DanaC 05-25-2015 09:31 AM

Shit. That makes me dizzy just lookin at it.

Where is that pic from, any idea?

Gravdigr 05-25-2015 09:44 AM

I tried to TinEye the pic with no luck.

I think the housing looks sort of Europeanish, but, those concrete-colored buildings at lower left look sort of Russiany.

Carruthers 05-25-2015 09:51 AM

I did a Google Image search which returned several sites most of which weren't in English, but didn't appear to offer much in the way of information anyway.

There's a car driving on the RHS of the road so that rules out the UK.

Have considered the possibility of Germany or Netherlands due to the geometric street patterns. Not going to put money on it though. :)

Gravdigr 05-25-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 929317)
Where is that pic from, any idea?

Let's get the Pros involved.

Thanks to Glatt, & StreetView, the guy is on a building at the corner of Confederation Parkway and Princess Royal Drive in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.

Carruthers 06-09-2015 03:43 AM

Quote:

Edward Barlow had a shock when he undertook his first driving lesson on Wednesday. As he was parked at the side of the road talking to his instructor, a cyclist rode straight into the back of the car and it was captured on a camera looking out of the back window.

The male cyclist appears to be riding along the side of the road looking down at his bars, possibly at his bike computer. He fails to look up on his approach to the parked car and hits it full on, catapulting himself into the back window.

“So my first ever driving lesson went really well even though some crazy guy cycled into the back of me when I was parked…” said Barlow.

Gravdigr 06-09-2015 03:33 PM

Oh, God! I laughed way too hard and long at that.

:lol2:

BigV 06-10-2015 11:39 AM

I wonder if that's an area where stopping's permitted. It doesn't look like it, just the two traffic lanes. Still. Watch where the hell you're going, ffs.

Gravdigr 06-10-2015 11:53 AM

Yeah, you need to look up every now and then...

The way dude's face slides down that window is just hilarious.

I can't quit watching it.

Sundae 06-10-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 930759)
I wonder if that's an area where stopping's permitted. It doesn't look like it, just the two traffic lanes. Still. Watch where the hell you're going, ffs.

There are no lines painted on the side of the road, so stopping, waiting, parking are all perfectly legal.

Carruthers 06-30-2015 10:25 AM

Now, don't quote me on this, but I think it's probably better to look over your shoulder before you move out and not after.

Profanity warning. Qty 1.

Gravdigr 06-30-2015 02:30 PM

Hah!

In fact, double hah!