The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

Cicero 04-15-2008 02:53 PM

lol! "Skeeter Syndrome"-thanks I found it!

I was reading someone's reactions on the Princeton website, and the lady sounded just as miserable as I am, and just as itchy and swollen...That's probably it....Apparently I am not the only one in the world that is extremely allergic to mosquito mucus. Must be the NM "skeeters" as this hasn't happened anywhere else. I am going to go find a possible suspect.

skysidhe 04-15-2008 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 446058)

Is that you!? What is it? :eek: *faints*

----------------------------------------------------------
My petty annoyance:
I ate all the cookies. After working on my mom's flower bed on Saturday she gave me a bag of lemon cookies. I just ate the last two. They were so awesome I am glad they are gone because I would have munched my self to death. Death by lemon cookie.:drool:

HungLikeJesus 04-15-2008 04:34 PM

That's the result of a brown recluse spider bite. It's not anyone I know.

Razzmatazz13 04-16-2008 10:49 AM

Why is it that when I tell my mom I'm coming over at *noon* because she's working 3rd shift, and needs some sleep, she calls me now, at 11:45am and yells at me for being late?

Clodfobble 04-16-2008 11:59 PM

Newborn projectile poop, splattered across the curtain and down the wall. Three feet away. No exaggeration. Fortunately, everything came out in the wash--I would be pissed if I had to replace those curtains; I like them a lot.

SteveDallas 04-17-2008 08:24 AM

Ahhh, memories . . . .

LabRat 04-17-2008 08:43 AM

:lol: at Clod. I am just a little bit less jealous now :D

dar512 04-17-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 446403)
Newborn projectile poop, splattered across the curtain and down the wall. Three feet away. No exaggeration. Fortunately, everything came out in the wash--I would be pissed if I had to replace those curtains; I like them a lot.

I also visit another forum for bassists. Just yesterday I read this:
Quote:

I, honest to God, was about to type in my own similar story, except my daughter's projectile poo flew across the nursery and splattered on the curtains. I was horrified, yet strangely proud.

We tried to wash the mess out of the curtains (they were, of course, white), but it stained permanently. I refused to replace them, however, as I wanted her to survey her handiwork when she was old enough to appreciate it.
I had to go check to see if this had been posted by Mr. Clod. But it turns out the other post was from last September.

dar512 04-17-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 446019)
Killer traffic on the Loop, dar?

Reminded of this by HLJ's ABCD post.

HungLikeJesus 04-17-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 446545)
Reminded of this by HLJ's ABCD post.

... Which was inspired by Flint's post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 445953)
I'm NPO for an IVP and my Q1 IT QA is due this PM. TMI?

elSicomoro 04-18-2008 05:17 PM

The media is gonna run this shit into the ground...Jesus fucking Christ.

We had a 5.2 temblor early this morning followed by a 4.6 aftershock later in the morning. It woke some people up, scared the shit out of others and caused some minor damage, mostly near the epicenter in Southeastern Illinois. I didn't feel the aftershock, but I watched it, as our bookshelf started rattling.

And that's the end of it...but of course, the local media will milk it for as much as possible. Time to watch something else.

TheMercenary 04-20-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 446080)
That's the result of a brown recluse spider bite. It's not anyone I know.

I suspect that is post debridement and now they are just letting it heal secondarily.

Shawnee123 04-21-2008 11:13 AM

Yeah, I didn't know about all that until they were talking about it at work Friday. I slept through it, though one cow orker said his bed was shaking.

Didn't feel the aftershock either. I miss all the fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 446776)
The media is gonna run this shit into the ground...Jesus fucking Christ.

We had a 5.2 temblor early this morning followed by a 4.6 aftershock later in the morning. It woke some people up, scared the shit out of others and caused some minor damage, mostly near the epicenter in Southeastern Illinois. I didn't feel the aftershock, but I watched it, as our bookshelf started rattling.

And that's the end of it...but of course, the local media will milk it for as much as possible. Time to watch something else.

Sundae 04-21-2008 12:08 PM

My mouse is squeaking

Shawnee123 04-21-2008 01:29 PM

I just really really really want this page to advance one so's I don't see leg-canyon pic when I open it. :)