The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Clodfobble 06-09-2011 08:03 PM

I received a lewd phone call today. First time in about 10 years.

glatt 06-09-2011 08:21 PM

How does that work? Was it targeted specifically for you?

footfootfoot 06-09-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 739247)
the latest "speedo" from Speedo is called the Mighty Python
:eek: :lol:

Quote:

It will resist bagging, sagging...
It is useless to resist us

Clodfobble 06-09-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
How does that work? Was it targeted specifically for you?

It was on the generic side... he said my first name, asked what I was doing. I had to keep asking him to repeat himself because he was whispering, presumably to make his voice unrecognizable. After learning that I was eating my lunch, he told me that he wished he could be eating me for lunch, except he had to say it like 4 times before I could understand, and by then I was bored and hung up.

At first I was thinking it was someone from my chemistry class, because we had to put our names and phone numbers on a list in case people wanted to form study groups, but the number I put on that list was my cellphone, and this call came to the house. So either it was someone who actually knows me (and even the people who know me generally only know my cell phone number) or it was just someone who picked me at random out of the white pages.

Nirvana 06-09-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 739337)
It was on the generic side... he said my first name, asked what I was doing. I had to keep asking him to repeat himself because he was whispering, presumably to make his voice unrecognizable. After learning that I was eating my lunch, he told me that he wished he could be eating me for lunch, except he had to say it like 4 times before I could understand, and by then I was bored and hung up.

At first I was thinking it was someone from my chemistry class, because we had to put our names and phone numbers on a list in case people wanted to form study groups, but the number I put on that list was my cellphone, and this call came to the house. So either it was someone who actually knows me (and even the people who know me generally only know my cell phone number) or it was just someone who picked me at random out of the white pages.

Anthony Weiner has escalated! :eek:

sexobon 06-10-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

... At first I was thinking it was someone from my chemistry class, because we had to put our names and phone numbers on a list in case people wanted to form study groups, but the number I put on that list was my cellphone, and this call came to the house. So either it was someone who actually knows me (and even the people who know me generally only know my cell phone number) or it was just someone who picked me at random out of the white pages.

I used to get lewd phone calls back when I was a military instructor. Male students would get instructors' home numbers from the phone book and put their girlfriends up to making the calls. You may have to look beyond the caller to find the real prankster.

glatt 06-10-2011 07:20 AM

When I was in middle school or so, I remember going over to a friend's house to do homework, and we wound up going through the phone book, looking for funny names. Then we would call them and make some lame comment about their names while giggling and then hang up. We were wild and crazy back then. No stopping us.

infinite monkey 06-10-2011 09:04 AM

In college we'd look in the directory for foreign names (during International Week) and call their phone and my friend Pat would say "Happy International Week. Oogla Boogla!"

We were awful. ;)

footfootfoot 06-10-2011 09:38 AM

@glatt: Unstoppable!

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?

We could call Sheldon and ask if he'd like Prince Albert in the can or if He's ever had Prince Albert in the can?

footfootfoot 06-10-2011 09:40 AM

Quote:

Well, someone from your chem class who knew your name could certainly look you up in the white pages too. It's creepy however you look at it. :(

morethanpretty 06-11-2011 12:16 AM

Been thinking of some phrases I would have REALLY liked to hear right before I went under before my surgery. Here is my favorite I've thought of so far tho:
"Patient 1: administering the Hyde formula now. When she wakes up she will remember nothing of her drinking, whoring, gambling or violent actions.....note: patient seems to be predisposed to these behaviors already."

Aliantha 06-12-2011 05:55 PM

I thought I'd just put this here cause I couldn't really think of where else to put it, and didn't really want to start a new thread.

It's been a really long week and we're all exhausted around here. Dazza's Mum passed away last Tuesday, and the funeral was on Friday which also happened to be my birthday, so it kinda got a bit forgotten really. Dazza had no siblings, so it was up to us to organise and host the funeral and wake, which basically meant that I had to sort most of it out because Dazza was incapable of coherent thought.

So anyway, thanks to those who wished me the best for my birthday. We've got a long way to go here yet, but we'll get there.

glatt 06-12-2011 07:36 PM

Moderate thunderstorm. Couple close strikes. Passed by. Sun came out. Birds chirping. And THEN the power goes out.

That was 4 hours ago and now I'm sitting here in the dark.

glatt 06-13-2011 09:23 AM

Weirdest thing happened this morning.

I was cutting through the empty mail room by the loading dock coming into the building. I came into the small room, walked four paces to the opposite door, opened it, and heard all these coins falling on the floor.

I glanced back, and saw a handful of change still rolling around on the floor in the far corner, away from both doors I had just used. I was the only person in the room. I had no change in my pockets that might have fallen out.

I walked back over to that corner and picked up 40 cents in nickels and a couple dimes. The only thing I can figure is that there were a couple tiny mail slots, and some unseen and unheard person on the other side of the wall had shoved a handful of change out one of those slots. Or maybe it had something to do with the vending machine in there. The room is small enough that when you open a door fast, it would affect the air pressure in there.

Bizarre. Ghosts are throwing change at me.

infinite monkey 06-13-2011 09:25 AM

Dude, you're lucky. My ghosts only cast aspersions at me.

:lol: