The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   The Internet (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Yet more keen links one might want to share (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7624)

skysidhe 01-29-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 708614)
Hey Sky, did you watch it (yet)?

It's an hour and a half long and I could not find a "pause" button
so I did miss some segments during dinner.

But it was worth watching.
I particularly liked segments on skydiving, what do you fear ?, and
being alone/
And there were several others. Even the credits at the very end are good too...
a snail finally eats the last message !

Thanks for posting the link as I would have missed it.

I am glad you got to see it lamp. It was something I wanted to see but was busy handing in assignments so I missed it.:sniff:

There will be another showing sometime this year. I'll probably forget about it, just like the first time. rats

Sundae 02-06-2011 01:30 PM

Interact with real live cats online.

Awwwww!
The Oregon Humane Society has set up a playroom where you can log in and control robotic toys for real cats to play with. And of course being real cats they sometimes simply ignore them, but the idea is so cool I've been watching for about 30 minutes. Well, if I wanted to play I have my own bundle of fur and claws who is happy to indulge me.

Here you are. Just join the queue if you want to control the toys, the waiting time is also shown. Oh and there's a small live chat box to the side if you want to talk to other catlovers while you wait (or while the cats wait).

Gravdigr 02-16-2011 02:05 PM

Pepto-Bismol Ice Cream.

:3_eyes:

glatt 03-03-2011 11:25 AM

Extremely gross but fascinating personal account of dude recovering from flesh eating bacterial infection.

Lots of disgusting pictures.

Not safe for lunch.

Seriously, it's cool but don't click on it if you have a weak stomach.

link

Shawnee123 03-03-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Not safe for lunch.
He says as he posts on the lunch hour. ;)

I'm curious, I am. But I just had a slice of pizza. Maybe later!

glatt 03-03-2011 11:34 AM

The amazing thing is that one of the bandages uses a vacuum system just like somebody building a boat and laying down fiberglass or carbon fiber and vacuuforming it. It sucks blood out of the surrounding tissue and towards the wound to aid healing.

skysidhe 03-03-2011 02:13 PM

Paper lilies and other crafts for the kids.

I used to love doing things like this.
http://www.artistshelpingchildren.or...ftforkids.html

http://www.artistshelpingchildren.or...iliescraft.png

Originally looking for a homemade bird feeder. I made one out of a flat plastic Heinz ketchup bottle. Took the labels off, inserted clear plastic spoons and it looks great.
( underneath the large azalea )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbian7/1084255740/

Shawnee123 03-03-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 714556)
Extremely gross but fascinating personal account of dude recovering from flesh eating bacterial infection.

Lots of disgusting pictures.

Not safe for lunch.

Seriously, it's cool but don't click on it if you have a weak stomach.

link

Oh wow, glatt. That's pretty hard to look at. Can you imagine going through it? I couldn't. Neat though, what they do.

I liked Banana (the NOT a scottish fold but looks like one cat)

glatt 03-03-2011 03:23 PM

I had a hard time looking at it on the screen. Imagine if you were looking down at your own leg and saw that? I'd faint. I don't know how he was taking pictures of it.

monster 03-04-2011 07:19 AM

No more skin biopsies for me, evah! :eek:

I did enjoy the irony that he had written about a biological weapon utilising this disease just a few months earlier, though.

Nirvana 03-04-2011 09:39 AM

That was gru-awesome Glatt!

glatt 03-04-2011 10:14 AM

My favorite comment from that page:
"Holy fucking shit. I don’t even… wow. "

Pico and ME 03-04-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 710137)
Interact with real live cats online.

Awwwww!
The Oregon Humane Society has set up a playroom where you can log in and control robotic toys for real cats to play with. And of course being real cats they sometimes simply ignore them, but the idea is so cool I've been watching for about 30 minutes. Well, if I wanted to play I have my own bundle of fur and claws who is happy to indulge me.

Here you are. Just join the queue if you want to control the toys, the waiting time is also shown. Oh and there's a small live chat box to the side if you want to talk to other catlovers while you wait (or while the cats wait).

I succeeded in interrupting the black cat from his dinner. But all he did was look up and over his shoulder at the toy. And then I think I gave the tabby a shock, as he was sniffing one of the toys when I activated it . He gave a little jump and then just walked away. This is such a cool idea, but Im wondering if they aren't getting a little blase with the whole thing :).

Pico and ME 03-04-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 714665)
I had a hard time looking at it on the screen. Imagine if you were looking down at your own leg and saw that? I'd faint. I don't know how he was taking pictures of it.

I totally failed. I manged to scroll down to the second pic, but my hand was already in front of my eyes. I couldn't click out fast enough.

monster 03-04-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 714804)
I succeeded in interrupting the black cat from his dinner. But all he did was look up and over his shoulder at the toy. And then I think I gave the tabby a shock, as he was sniffing one of the toys when I activated it . He gave a little jump and then just walked away. This is such a cool idea, but Im wondering if they aren't getting a little blase with the whole thing :).

The need to adapt this to annoying prisoners: "Pay-per-Poke" would soon address those budget defecits...

:bolt:

(Running Man, Hunger Games..... :eek:)