The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Proud Parent Brag Time (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13589)

classicman 07-21-2015 03:50 PM

Your daughter is amazing. No wonder why...

DanaC 07-21-2015 04:36 PM

That's really cool.

monster 07-21-2015 07:42 PM

I was unable to marshal the County Summer Swim Championships this year, even though being able to do so was a condition I placed on my acceptance of the job :(

But the new Head Marshal is doing a great job, I hear, and I am so proud of her :) no-one "adult" could be found and I was asked to ask her.... she thought about it and decided to accept the challenge ....then her high school swim coach (who coaches for the biggest and bestest summer team and gets an unusual amount of say because it's held at "her" pool (i.e. Skyline)) tried to say she was too young and inexperienced and it wasn't fair to her to let her do it... but she didn't have any better suggestions so ..... Polo Girl is rocking it. :D (so I hear)

And Goalie Boy (who only swims in summer and swam under duress this year) came in 10th in the IM and went a 26 on the 50 free- faster than the best ever of his two-year-older 4-year-Varsity swimming sib.....

Camo Kid didn't miss a race (just) and didn't get DQd in the fly..... so victory all round :D
:D

Clodfobble 07-21-2015 08:13 PM

How does the 4-year varsity swimmer feel about the sibling having a faster time? :)

xoxoxoBruce 07-21-2015 08:40 PM

Fess up, Beest is really a fish, right? :lol2:

monster 07-21-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 934251)
How does the 4-year varsity swimmer feel about the sibling having a faster time? :)

I think she was too busy marshalling to notice. I haven't mentioned it.

glatt 07-22-2015 08:00 AM

Wow, good for Polo Girl to step up, and take on this responsibility.

footfootfoot 09-21-2015 09:58 AM

The Inch passed his hunter safety course yesterday! We're now discussing what his first rifle might be. It's two years before he can hunt deer during the special youth hunt (Columbus day weekend) but he can hunt small game until then.

Any caliber recommendations?

fargon 09-21-2015 10:07 AM

.22 Long Rifle. With lots of range time.

glatt 09-21-2015 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 939700)
The Inch passed his hunter safety course yesterday! We're now discussing what his first rifle might be. It's two years before he can hunt deer during the special youth hunt (Columbus day weekend) but he can hunt small game until then.

This is cool! Good job teaching him hunter safety. I love seeing skills passed on to the next generation.

And how do I phrase this? You can't do something like shoot woodchucks from your dining room with any semblance of responsibility until you know just how crazy doing something like that is by having learned the correct way of doing things first.

footfootfoot 09-21-2015 12:41 PM

Sadly, with the arrival of new neighbors the in town woodchuck hunts have come to a halt.

Undertoad 09-21-2015 12:42 PM

best to save up ammo if you have neighbors

Gravdigr 09-21-2015 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 939700)

Any caliber recommendations?

Alright!!! Congratulate the Inch for me!

Savage's Rascal is an outstanding first firearm. In .22, sized for the smaller frame, it's made for kids. And they come in different colors.

Attachment 53465

I'm always excited to hear about a kid interested in hunting. It is to be celebrated.

Lamplighter 09-22-2015 11:49 AM

including PINK - for girly girls

blech !

xoxoxoBruce 09-27-2015 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
They grow up so fast... grow 'em up tough.
.45-70 Henry, get the woodchucks and the neighbors.