The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Quest (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9890)

classicman 12-18-2014 08:44 PM

I thought calling you "urbandictionary" was a compliment.

so much for ... nevermind.

BigV 12-18-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 916644)
well excuse me for trying to be helpful because your post looked like you didn't understand that. Enjoy your job.

Thank you for your help. I didn't know that particular idiom, so I looked it up and made that conclusion based on the context and what I saw from the urbandictionary I linked to. I appreciate the help, really. :)

BigV 06-18-2015 10:15 AM

UPDATE

I am still working at the oil change outfit.

Yesterday I got an email, an unsolicited email, from a local recruiter seeking to fill a position at a locally headquartered, globally dominant coffee company! The recruiter attached a copy of the job description and a brief paragraph asking me for my contact information so we could talk about the position, if I was interested. I was caught completely by surprise. Stunned, really. It appears that the recruiter got my information from Indeed.

I replied this morning with my contact information and a clear indication of my interest and an invitation to call me. We shall see.

The job description matches what I've done several times, setting up new stores and remodeled stores, making sure the LAN and WAN access is in place as well as the POS systems. Plus solving all the problems along the way. Easy peasy. When I worked at the cruise line, I set up several sites like this at our hotels and gift shops.

I'd really, really like to be making more money. I'm not against my blue collar work. It's honest work, and there are lots of things about this job I like. Some aspects of this job I LOVE. For example, working local is unbeatable. I can get from home to work in less than ten minutes and never get out of second gear. No toll bridges, no freeways, no HOV lanes, no hassles. Priceless. And I did recently get a raise of $1.50/hr, which is not nothing... but still it's just minimum wage, $11/hr. It's not enough to float my boat.

Back to the coffee operation, it's been an hour and three quarters and still no answer to my reply. **sigh**

Gravdigr 06-18-2015 03:31 PM

Cool beans.

Beans. Coffee. Get it? See what I did thar? Didja? Huh?

glatt 06-18-2015 03:32 PM

I hope it work out for you, V. In the meantime, patience.

BigV 07-29-2015 03:51 PM

new interview with new company in ten minutes.

think hiring thoughts, willya?

xoxoxoBruce 07-29-2015 07:33 PM

I thought you liked your job, are you looking for more money?

Griff 07-30-2015 06:00 AM

Good luck V

fargon 07-30-2015 06:03 AM

Did you get the job V?

BigV 07-30-2015 12:41 PM

xoB--I do and I am. $11/hr just ain't cuttin it, esp with a 37.5 hr *HARD* limit on hours, and overtime is forbidden. They'll just send you home, and work with a short crew.

Griff, thanks!

fargon, she said she'd call me today. during the interview I got zero "no go" signals from her, it was all interested, enthusiastic, leaning into conversation. We'll see.

xoxoxoBruce 07-30-2015 01:29 PM

Yeah, sounds like the present job is severely limiting. You're not even making enough to buy a gun so you can rob a bank. Good luck

BigV 07-31-2015 10:22 PM

H/T Winning!

Quote:

We would like to extend an offer of employment to you...

I wanted to get this email to you since it is the start of the weekend, and hopefully this news will make it better. I will definitely be in touch with you on Monday August 3, 2015 and provide you with more details regarding new hire orientation. If there are any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to ask.

xoxoxoBruce 07-31-2015 11:15 PM

Woo Hoo, Happy Dance, BigV's buying.
:band::folks::celebrat:

fargon 08-01-2015 05:19 AM

Yay V!

glatt 08-02-2015 06:11 AM

Great news! Congratulations.