The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Pictures of your offspring (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18477)

BigV 12-07-2012 02:04 PM

but not ShaunaBanauna...

Sundae 12-07-2012 02:16 PM

I lived with a girl who called herself AnnaBanana.
I thought it very silly - she was 19 (preggers by the time she was 20 - I guess she liked bananas!)

But Mum used to call me CherryBonBon and my other housemate, who'd known me since grammar school called me Cherry-Berry so really I didn't have a leg to stand on.
I still miss being called Berrily by a friend I lost (Cherrily Berrily, Cherrily Berrily, Gently down the stream).

Beans is a beauty.

busterb 12-07-2012 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My oldest son and frau. Guess he's about 47 He's the one that told me, he didn't like old people. Wear the shoe now

Lola Bunny 12-07-2012 07:21 PM

Chocolat: Bean is adorable!

Buster: You've got a fine looking son. Why were they dressed so nice?

richlevy 12-09-2012 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My grandson and a friend at his parents wedding. They're both about 3 1/2. They play together and go to the same school. Right now he's telling everyone that she's his sister.

In about 12 years he's going to regret that.;)

He got most of my son's looks. Theres a lot of clone talk.:rolleyes:

richlevy 12-09-2012 10:25 AM

To avoid too much gratuitous multi-posting, I'm combining replies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 767021)
On the way out the door this morning. "Hey, turn around!"

Stick a guitar in his hand and you have a Springsteen album cover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 767679)
I noticed a few days ago that Star Trek: The Next Generation is in the obsolete narrow-screen TV format.

We're old, so very old.

Woot is selling "retro" toys. I recognized most of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 768148)
As I said... fashion model phase

She just got a new robe, and likes it A LOT !

Nice attitude. Saw parts of the history of Vogue on some cable channel yesterday. She'd fit right in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by busterb (Post 842535)
My oldest son and frau. Guess he's about 47 He's the one that told me, he didn't like old people. Wear the shoe now

I like the looks on her face. It's like she's saying "Yep, I caught this one."

Choco, Beans is adorable.

glatt 12-09-2012 03:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A quick cell phone pic of the kids guarding the tree we picked out this afternoon.

Attachment 42038

Lola Bunny 12-09-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 842856)
My grandson and a friend at his parents wedding. They're both about 3 1/2. They play together and go to the same school. Right now he's telling everyone that she's his sister.

In about 12 years he's going to regret that.;)

He got most of my son's looks. Theres a lot of clone talk.:rolleyes:

They look adorable!

BigV 12-10-2012 07:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SonofV was warming a cheesy garlic breadstick in the microwave the other day. He did a marvelous job of it too, since when he opened the door to the microwave and picked it up, it was too hot to handle. He bobbled it and caught it, burned his fingers again and bobbled it again, repeat, repeat. This was happening right at the open door to the microwave but he was losing the battle as his bats and bumps bounced the bread off the doors of the cabinet, getting lower and lower and lower. He kept with it, I'll give him that, until he was bent over double, hands almost to the floor then, plop. The bread fell on the floor. By this time he'd chased the bread down and to the left as you face the open microwave door. With the bread on the floor, there was no more need to be bent over like that, so he stood up.

Right under the corner of the open door of the microwave. Ouch. He kept walking forward as the corner of the door, open to the maximum, ploughed a furrow in his back. It was loud, too. Fortunately, blood was only summoned to the surface and not actually drawn. He knew it hurt, but he had no idea what it looked like, so, now we all do.

Oh, the bread? We abide by the five second rule in this house. I leaned over picked it up, and he ate it.

Attachment 42058

Aliantha 12-10-2012 08:02 PM

Ooooh nasty! I'm sure the cheesy bread helped relieve the pain though. ;)

BigV 12-10-2012 08:05 PM

you could call it comfort food.

Chocolatl 12-10-2012 08:08 PM

Yeouch!

ZenGum 12-10-2012 08:34 PM

Ahh, the rule about standing up carefully in a kitchen with high-mounted cupboards (and microwaves) is an important lesson in life. Most people learn it with damage to their head, though.

footfootfoot 12-11-2012 04:04 PM

Microwave: 1
Son of V: 0

Stormieweather 12-13-2012 10:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My girls: