The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Funny/Embarrassing things they say (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7842)

jinx 10-28-2007 07:00 PM

Last night, a ghoul in the haunted house jumped out and scared the crap out of my nephew (7)... so he gave him the finger.

DucksNuts 10-28-2007 08:04 PM

Been hanging around Uncle LJ too much that one

zippyt 10-28-2007 08:24 PM

Yeah Steve That Talk !!

ElBandito 10-28-2007 09:46 PM

I was doing the 'changing nappies and 'naming the body parts'' thing with my son several months ago.

Point at his arm.
"What's this?"
"Arm!"
Point at his leg.
"What's this?"
"Leggy!"
Point at his willy.
"What's this?"
"Superpower" (I swear, I'm not making this up!)

Ever since then he refers to his penis as his 'superpower'. It makes sense. He's mad-keen on Superman, Spiderman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

More recently he threw a ball at a wall, it rebounded, bounced and hit him in the groin.
"Ow, hurt my superpower!"

I call my penis 'Hollywood'*. I'm kinda proud he got in on the game early and named his... and in such a cute and endearing way.

*I called it 'Hollywood' because of '1942' the movie, when the Japanese Sub surfaces and the nude female swimmer is clinging to the periscope. Just as it's diving one of the sailors looks up "Horrrywoood!"
It just appealed on a stupid, pureile level, I'm proud to say.

LabRat 10-29-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 400669)
I was innocently driving along yesterday when my car started stalling at every traffic light, and then smoke was coming out from under the hood.

Would this be the same car that you changed the battery in?

SteveDallas 10-29-2007 10:55 AM

It might be. Are you suggesting I put the battery in backwards? (It's not impossible.)

LabRat 10-29-2007 11:49 AM

Nah, but maybe adding a little post-it to your minitor to remind yourself to get a bit more regular car maintenance checks might not be a bad idea...:D

rkzenrage 10-31-2007 02:25 AM

We were watching a special on the human body.
He started saying that he had "rings" inside him as well as "gwutz".
I told him that he was not part tree and was, indeed, just guts and stuff and not rings.
He yells at me that he "does too have wings" and gets The Lip.
So I drop it.
He is in an stage where he likes to make things up and not be disagreed with about it, but we never really know when he is playing or it is serious.
I hope this does not last.

DucksNuts 10-31-2007 04:14 AM

Ohhh, I remember that stage Rk. Its amusing and frustrating all at the same time.

Apparently, to my red headed near 3 year old, the world is about to end when *I* foolishly open the box of sultana's that *he* wanted to open "meself".

It resulted in enough tears to break the drought, a screamed "youre not my best friend no more!!" (when I was caught smirking at the tanty) and finally some deep sobs that were drawn out to achieve maximum effect.

BigV 10-31-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat (Post 401075)
Nah, but maybe adding a little post-it to your minitor to remind yourself to get a bit more regular car maintenance checks might not be a bad idea...:D

no monitor postit. send yourself an appt in outlook

SteveDallas 10-31-2007 06:32 PM

I'd have a colonoscopy and a root canal in the same week before I start using Outlook.

Wait . . . .

The car is toast. Timing belt, water pump, muffler & related issues... not worth it for 12 years old, 115,000 miles. We got our money's worth out of it.

Undertoad 10-31-2007 08:13 PM

The smoke didn't kill it? What kinda car?

lumberjim 11-01-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 401949)
We were watching a special on the human body.
He started saying that he had "rings" inside him as well as "gwutz".
I told him that he was not part tree and was, indeed, just guts and stuff and not rings.
He yells at me that he "does too have wings" and gets The Lip.
So I drop it.
He is in an stage where he likes to make things up and not be disagreed with about it, but we never really know when he is playing or it is serious.
I hope this does not last.

how long do you expect this stage will last?

DucksNuts 11-01-2007 04:42 AM

Oh frigg, its Thursday huh

rkzenrage 11-01-2007 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 402324)
how long do you expect this stage will last?

You are so predictable it is boring.
But to answer your question, as if you were actually asking one, about a year or two, it depends on the child. He is asserting his independence because he just started a more regimented school and schedule and this behavior helps him assert personal control. It is normal and healthy and should not be fought unless it gets in the way of day-to-day functions.