The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Spexxvet 11-15-2007 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tink (Post 406716)
And this is your business because........?

Signed BigV and Tink

Tink, you've asked that we judge you on your own merits. I hope you will judge me on my own merits, as well.

Michaela 11-15-2007 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 407292)
Tink, you've asked that we judge you on your own merits. I hope you will judge me on my own merits, as well.

Jesusss!!!! can we not just leave these people alone. stop dragging it out.

I do not see what Tink did wrong. She is trying to defend against attacking forces by answering questions plainly stated and she answered them plainly. She didn't attack. She just said that there was a no-no done by her husband and another gal here. AND,...she said this was done through PMs and Chats.

SO.....all of you who are saying...gee is it me? I guess I am a husband stealing whore..blah blah blah...get over yourself and stop attacking her. Tink said nothing about posts here on the board in the PUBLIC forum. I applaud them for not answering to your attacks as I most certainly would if I were them. But then again, I would be no better the you are.

Now.. Off MY soapbox.

glatt 11-15-2007 11:16 AM

Did I mention I fixed my toilet? (Maybe that should be in the happy thread.)

Oh, and after I fixed my toilet, I fixed my XP at home. Downloaded the most recent double super top secret, extra critical, security update to fix that toilet of an OS.

Cicero 11-15-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 407244)
Oh gosh, I didn't know...

Now everyone is confused!
:D

jinx 11-15-2007 11:20 AM

Aw, I'm sorry about your wig Bri. That's insane that it melted though, just from the oven.
Maybe a (non-flamable) hat would be better for around the house?

Michaela 11-15-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 407353)
Did I mention I fixed my toilet? (Maybe that should be in the happy thread.)

Oh, and after I fixed my toilet, I fixed my XP at home. Downloaded the most recent double super top secret, extra critical, security update to fix that toilet of an OS.

You need to hire yourself out. Mine leaks.....maybe I'll ask Santa for a new one.

DanaC 11-15-2007 01:19 PM

Ack Bri, that sucks. :(

DucksNuts 11-15-2007 05:26 PM

Hehe....You are awesome SG. I applaud your sneakiness :D

orthodoc 11-15-2007 09:42 PM

Our house caught a lightning strike two days ago and I'm still finding damage .... not only did our phones, our alarm system, and a TV get fried, but our ethernet network within the house appears to be toast and tonight, as snowflakes swirl outside, we have no heat. No communication between the thermostats and the boiler.

Lightning. It's such a beautiful phenomenon (not).

jinx 11-15-2007 10:27 PM

Oh wow, that's awful. Covered?

orthodoc 11-16-2007 06:04 AM

Technically yes, but since we went with a high deductible, so far it has looked like it wouldn't be worth it to claim. Now that our heating system is on the fritz and the ethernet is fried, that may change ... I just hope we don't discover any more damage.

orthodoc 11-16-2007 08:09 AM

I should add that most of the stress happened when I first heard there was a problem. The message was that the house was on fire. My daughter (teenager) was alone at home and I was 30 minutes away, and she called, crying hysterically, saying the fire alarms were going off and she thought she smelled smoke and the alarm panel said there was a fire in the master bedroom ... she wanted to find all the animals. I told her to get outside and stay out, and call 911. My third son, who prizes his Siamese cat above rubies, was with me. He knew his sister couldn't go back inside and was glad she was out, but he was white as a sheet the whole way home (so was I, I imagine). So finding that we had had a lightning strike without a fire was major good news.

Still, that kind of good news can wait a long while before we need it again!! :eek:

DanaC 11-16-2007 09:10 AM

Wow, Orthodoc, that sounds like a nightmare. Glad your daughter and all the animals are okay.

lookout123 11-16-2007 09:26 AM

orthodoc, i am sorry you have this going on, and i want to assure you i am not making light of your problems... but i just imagined myself in your shoes and i LOL'd when i pictured my dogs jumping out of their skins, then cluelessy running away from the noise, and simultaneously shooting poo across the room as the lightning woke them up. yes, i have asick sense of humor.

ZenGum 11-16-2007 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Upsetting me today is this:

Attachment 15794

This is the view from my bedroom window, which isn't that great to start with (I prefer, say, trees). The thing that bugs me is the yellow safety wrapping around the power cables in front of the white building in the foreground. That means they are about to start using a crane there ... demolish and rebuild. Months and months of destruction and construction noise, right outside my bloody window. I checked today and the building is empty and stripped out. Poop.
Bring on the wreckers. Poop.

orthodoc 11-16-2007 10:55 AM

Thanks for your good wishes, Jinx, Dana, and Lookout - I appreciate it. I'm so glad it wasn't worse. All the animals are ok (but yes, we had a major puddle in the foyer from our elderly chocolate lab - your mental images were probably right on, lookout!) and my daughter has assured me that next time (!) she will get outside, then call 911, then call me. I guess we never know what we'll do in an emergency until it happens; she did ok.

And hopefully we'll have heat sometime today! I don't mind tending the two fireplaces, but talk about high-maintenance. They need tending every fifteen minutes or so.

Zengum, thanks for posting the photo - it's interesting to see where people live. I'd also prefer trees to endless buildings (we have a great view over a rural valley from our place ... I love it even if the teenagers find it boring). Sorry that you're going to have noise and dust right outside. Bleh. :yelsick:

SteveDallas 11-16-2007 10:55 AM

I couldn't find my wedding ring when I woke up this morning.

DanaC 11-16-2007 10:58 AM

shit....steve that aint good.

HungLikeJesus 11-16-2007 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 407720)

It's really just a hunk of metal, right? I was thinking about getting mine tattooed on as I hardly ever wear it.

bluecuracao 11-16-2007 11:14 AM

Have you tried looking in between all the blankets on your bed? I lost my engagement ring that way once.

orthodoc 11-16-2007 11:19 AM

Have you checked under the bed? You could always look in your golf bag, assuming you have one. My husband has lost two, not one but two, wedding bands and I found both in his golf bag. :right:

HungLikeJesus 11-16-2007 11:22 AM

If you found them both...

Why did he have two?

orthodoc 11-16-2007 11:29 AM

We replaced the first one after not finding it for ages ... got a new one all engraved and everything, gave it to him for Christmas ... and the next summer when he lost the new one, I found both in his golf bag. :eyebrow:

Cicero 11-16-2007 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 407720)

Did you find it yet?!?

jinx 11-16-2007 11:40 AM

Jim lost his first one while kayaking, so we both got replacements that we like much better.

monster 11-16-2007 12:00 PM

Beest is not innocent in the ring-losing department either. Any luck, SD?

jester 11-16-2007 12:19 PM

Z - it looks like that buidling is in decent condition, could they not renovate it? Unless, of course, whatever they are going to put back in it's place wouldn't work.

SteveDallas 11-16-2007 12:38 PM

I have not found it, and will not find it so long as I'm at work. :)

(I expect to be home for about 15 minutes before going out for the evening, so tonight doesn't look good either.)

Normally my watch & my ring stay together. Last night I did not have my watch on because I was in my concert tux and the cuffs on the shirt are too tight for the watch. I hung the suit up, then about 15 minutes later I realized I had left the watch in the coat pocket, so I went to get it out and left it on my dresser. I have no recollection at all of taking the ring off.

Clodfobble 11-16-2007 12:46 PM

I assume you've already checked the tux pants pocket?

DanaC 11-16-2007 12:46 PM

I'm sure we could help with that....

Cicero 11-16-2007 12:50 PM

Cicero: I guess that you took it off during clean-up before or after the concert. Try your bathroom.

Obvious choice: Check your entire suit again, and the floor of the area it was hung up.

SteveDallas 11-16-2007 02:30 PM

I did check the pockets. I'll look again. (Anotehr performance tnoight, so I'll have it on again.)

glatt 11-16-2007 02:36 PM

Is there a lost and found there? You should ask around.

Spexxvet 11-16-2007 02:54 PM

Don't you feel naked without it? Mine is such a part of me that if I forget it, I spent all day trying to figure out what's wrong.

jester 11-16-2007 03:22 PM

Sorry you have not located your ring yet. Quick question, since I haven't been here very long and didn't know you played in concerts, what do you play?

jester 11-16-2007 03:23 PM

Just a note to Ortho - hope everything turns out ok for you & your household.

orthodoc 11-16-2007 03:23 PM

Sorry to hear it's still missing. I don't have any other suggestions to add, but I hope you find it.

When I don't have my rings on, I feel sort of naked, like I forgot to get dressed. Very weird.

orthodoc 11-16-2007 03:26 PM

Thanks, Jester. Things are ok - we have heat on the main floor but not in the upstairs bedrooms this weekend, until a part for our system comes in on Monday. We still have just one computer online, but at least there's one. We'll have to sort out the network problem over the weekend.

HungLikeJesus 11-16-2007 03:33 PM

Maybe it's time for a wireless router.

SteveDallas 11-16-2007 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 407848)
Don't you feel naked without it? Mine is such a part of me that if I forget it, I spent all day trying to figure out what's wrong.

My main problem is beating the ladies off with a stick, since there are under the impression I'm available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 407840)
Is there a lost and found there? You should ask around.

I will, but I seriously doubt it... I'm almost 100% sure I didn't take it off before I got home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester (Post 407857)
Sorry you have not located your ring yet. Quick question, since I haven't been here very long and didn't know you played in concerts, what do you play?

I play clarinet. The current engagement (5 performances in 4 days) is with a community theater group my wife conducts.

jester 11-16-2007 03:43 PM

That's cool.

Clodfobble 11-16-2007 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas
My main problem is beating the ladies off with a stick, since there are under the impression I'm available.

Side question, not intended to make you feel bad about losing it: why do you take it off at all? Is it for comfort while playing? Ours don't ever come off, they stay on through sleep/shower/everything.

Okay wait, I take it back. The one time I take mine off is when I'm kneading dough, because it's just such a pain in the ass to clean afterwards--but I feel seriously wigged out the whole time it's off, I keep elbowing my pocket to make sure I can still feel it in there.

LJ 11-16-2007 03:59 PM

i never take mine off.

i only lost the one i lost because i got a blister from it while paddling and moved it to my stupid assed pinky.

glatt 11-16-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 407868)
The one time I take mine off is when I'm kneading dough.

Ditto that. The funny thing is, the only time I'm kneading dough is on Friday night when we are making hand tossed pizza for date night. The only time I take it off it the most romantic night of the week.

Isn't it ironic, don't 'cha think?

Aliantha 11-16-2007 04:58 PM

I take all my rings off when I moisturize etc, but they go straight back on again as soon as it's all absorbed.

SteveDallas 11-16-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 407868)
Side question, not intended to make you feel bad about losing it: why do you take it off at all? Is it for comfort while playing? Ours don't ever come off, they stay on through sleep/shower/everything.

I basically take it off if I'm going to get my hands wet. I just can't stand the water in between the ring and my finger! So I'm fairly confident I never had it off at the auditorium. In fact, the evidence suggests that I left it on my dresser and it was knocked off by something else being put down. ("evidence" = the fact that it was lying on the floor beside the dresser.)

rkzenrage 11-17-2007 01:08 AM

I swell a lot, have to take it off or not wear it about 50% of the time.

DucksNuts 11-17-2007 04:24 AM

I take all my rings, bracelets, watch and whatever else off as soon as I get home.

Always have.

ZenGum 11-17-2007 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 407743)
Jim lost his first one while kayaking, so we both got replacements that we like much better.

Precious! My birthday present! Precious! My PRECIOUSSSSSS

monster 11-17-2007 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 407973)
"evidence" = the fact that it was lying on the floor beside the dresser.

So you found it! Glad to hear.

Griff 11-17-2007 09:37 AM

There was a missing ring joke/punchline but I can't remember it. Good job finding it though.

fargon 11-17-2007 10:55 AM

After spending an hour and a half with my therapist yesterday, she advised me not to get a job, but to go on social security.:brikwall: :brikwall:

Clodfobble 11-17-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas
("evidence" = the fact that it was lying on the floor beside the dresser.)

Hooray!

Aliantha 11-17-2007 07:29 PM

Dazza's grandmother had a heart attack and is brain dead. We have to go to Sydney this week.

orthodoc 11-17-2007 10:05 PM

Very sorry to hear that, Aliantha.

bluecuracao 11-17-2007 10:08 PM

That's terrible, Ali. I'm so sorry.

ZenGum 11-17-2007 10:43 PM

My condolences Ali. I hope the family cope well through it.

jinx 11-17-2007 10:45 PM

Sorry to hear that Ali, my condolences.

LJ 11-17-2007 10:47 PM

oh, bummer. sorry ali, daz.

Aliantha 11-17-2007 11:26 PM

thanks guys. I have only met her once (at someone else's funeral) so it's not too emotional for me. It's hard for Dazza and his Mum though. I might have to stay in Sydney and help his mum sort stuff out. Anyway, we'll what pans out over the next day or so.

Once again, thanks for your thoughts. You're very kind.