The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Post Your Pet (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=10921)

monster 08-31-2014 08:29 PM

Hector and his buddy caught two baby turtles and kept one each. Knuckles didn't make it through his second winter, but Mr. Licious did and is still going strong but the family have decided they can no longer take care of him. I don't know why they trusted us, but we were all sad to lose Knuckles and are very happy to have Mr. Licious. Who is a very socialble turtle and loves to run around and try to eat painted toenails.

Clodfobble 09-01-2014 08:51 AM

At the exotic pet store they had baby Sulcata tortoises, and I was sorely, sorely tempted. They were munching on romaine lettuce, which would be way easier to procure than a once-a-week cricket for the tarantula, it was just about the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I asked how big they get, and the pet store guy made a face and held his arms out like he was holding a truck tire.

"So if they're too big for a tank, what do people do, just let them roam around the house?"
"Nah, they pee on the floor all the time, people let them live in the backyard. It's warm enough here except for a few nights in the winter, so you just bring them in a put them in like a big dog crate for those nights."

How cool would it be to have a giant pet tortoise?

Big Sarge 09-01-2014 09:24 AM

How about naming the spider "spinderella"??

Gravdigr 09-01-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 908735)
I wanted to rename it Recall.

Turtle Recall.

:lol2:

monster 09-01-2014 09:04 PM

:D

xoxoxoBruce 09-05-2014 08:39 AM

Name that spider RIP. :reaper:

busterb 10-03-2014 07:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Remember this photo? Both of the dogs have been dead awhile, But a new shelter for Shelia. Old one was rotten. Along with the damn dog house.

classicman 10-04-2014 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lucky the 3-legged cat. She's been better. Lost about 3 lbs and had a UTI.
Found out she also has a hyperthyroid issue. Oh, and she's 15 and Dan's best friend in the world.

infinite monkey 10-08-2014 08:38 AM

Hi Lucky! So cute...

Gravdigr 11-24-2014 03:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 49672

Oldmankitteh, Slick, on Scootio Da Scootah. He (Slick) has an appointment with the vee ee tee tomorrow morning. He's been a little down, and, yesterday afternoon a little blood decided to mix in with the kittehsnot running out his schnoz. Prolly a nasal/sinus infection.

Poor old kitteh.

DanaC 11-24-2014 03:39 PM

"Breakin th'law, breaking th'law!"

[eta] That was totally inappropriate for the post. But awesomely appropriate for the picture - so I won't move it but will say sorry :P

Gravdigr 11-25-2014 12:37 AM

Totes approp.

:devil:

Gravdigr 11-25-2014 03:39 PM

Upper respiratory infection. Antibiotic poke. He's made a huge gain since this morning. He's ate four times today, since tennish this A.M., and been in and out several times. He hadn't been eating much at all. I've read that if cats can't smell, they won't eat, so, maybe that was it.

He weighed 7 pounds. He used to weigh twenty-or-so in winter trim. My boy is getting old. The vet said she (what? what kind of vet did you think ol' Gravdigr would have, a guy? Pff.) doesn't get many animals that old, but, that, for his age, he was in pretty good shape.

A hundred fifty damn dollars.:speechls:

Undertoad 11-25-2014 06:03 PM

Back to his normal self soon enough... (music fades back in)

"Breakin th'law, breaking th'law!"

Pico and ME 11-25-2014 06:06 PM

Yeah, they do charge a lot, but ...damn, he's family. Go slick!
I love your pics of him.