The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ice cream flavor (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13998)

elSicomoro 04-27-2007 09:30 AM

Spexx, we see right through you. ;)

Everyone's tastes are different. I respect your right to like things that I don't. I might make fun of you for it in private, but I have no real problem with your preferences. :)

Clodfobble 04-27-2007 10:42 AM

If neither of you can appreciate more than a single flavor of ice cream, you are both Philistines.

Currently, in my freezer I have:

"Delta Blues" - vanilla ice cream with blueberries, blueberry syrup swirl, and little chunks of "pie crust"
Mint Chocolate Chip
Natural Bean Vanilla
Bunuelos 'n' Cream - Cinnamon ice cream with chunks of bunuelos and caramel swirl.

We go through ice cream pretty quickly around here.

LabRat 04-27-2007 11:20 AM

Where did you find the delta blues??????????? OMG that sounds awesome!!

We only have store brand plain vanilla right now, bought to put on the apple crisp I made earlier in the week (that I finished this morning for breakfast :blush:). I really dislike chocolate ice cream, but love milk chocolate in all it's various forms. Go figure.

Try good vanilla with dry hot chocolate mix on top (Swiss Miss or don't bother). :yum:

Clodfobble 04-27-2007 11:24 AM

It's a new seasonal flavor by Blue Bell (I don't know if you get them in the midwest or not, I think they're a primarily Southern company). It'll probably only be here for awhile, they do a lot of rotation. I keep hoping they'll bring back their cantaloupe seasonal flavor, that was the best ice cream I have ever had, period.

Beestie 04-27-2007 11:27 AM

Pralines and Cream. Or Ben and Jerry's Heath Bar Crunch.

Chocolate. Vanilla. Scoff.

Perry Winkle 04-27-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 338095)
I'm a vanilla snob. I have a hard time eating any vanilla other than Breyers all natural. It used to be just like home made ice cream, but Breyers was bought out by Unilever, and now they mix guar gum and crap like that in with it. It's still the best, but it's gone down a few notches.

I was raised on the old-school vanilla Breyers. The stuff that they put out now? I can't eat it. I'm on a Ben & Jerry's kick...great ice cream.

If you try Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream...you're going to need larger pants soon. I can't get enough of the stuff...too bad it only comes in pints.

piercehawkeye45 04-27-2007 02:01 PM

I'm a personal fan of Moose Tracks and Elephant Tracks.

Mint and cookie dough are always good choices too.

bbro 04-27-2007 03:34 PM

I was a HUGE fan of Edy's light Mint Cookies and Cream. As soon as I found it, they took it off the market. Have yet to find another mint cookies and cream.

xoxoxoBruce 04-27-2007 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitsune (Post 338083)
Both are wrong. "Cake" is the only correct answer.

I pity the fool that would not choose ice cream cake.

or Rum Raisin.

bluecuracao 04-27-2007 07:02 PM

Too much ice cream talk, not enough ice cream action...looks like I'll have to stop at Franklin Fountain tonight.

wolf 04-27-2007 07:12 PM

Chocolate Moose Tracks is proof that the Gods love us.

Hyoi 04-27-2007 07:25 PM

The Mrs. and I both like homemade vanilla with fresh peaches. About the only thing she won't do is listen to Led Zeppelin with me, which makes her both foolish and stupid. Uh, wait a minute.....yeah babe?

:bolt:

wolf 04-27-2007 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 338006)
You like chocolate ice cream, and hate vanilla ice cream. You spouse likes vanilla ice cream, and hates chocolate ice cream.

Is your spouse:

stupid

foolish

just has different taste opinions than you

Spexx, you need to consider either buying neopolitan and letting the strawberry die a quiet death by freezer burn, or get vanilla and a large bottle of really good chocolate syrup for your personal use. Or better still, a bottle of Godiva Chocolate Liqueur.

Spexxvet 04-28-2007 08:26 AM

I think it's interesting who hasn't voted.

Spexxvet 04-28-2007 08:27 AM

Ibby and P-hawk, were you joking?