The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What religion are you? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14907)

Rhianne 07-26-2007 03:48 PM

I'm not able to check any of the boxes either.

Cicero 07-26-2007 03:58 PM

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to waste time classifying something that does not exist.....

Yeah- you're right with your cell phone analogy though. I'm being a big jerk today.....sorry.

Rexmons 07-26-2007 04:17 PM

s'all good :D

rkzenrage 07-26-2007 05:49 PM

Atheist/Buddhist/Pastafarian

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e1280_1024.jpg

Ibby 07-26-2007 07:32 PM

Apatheist Buddhist. I won't say atheist... I'm not agnostic because I don't 'not know', i 'dont know and don't care.' I won't say there isn't a God because you obviously can't prove there isn't a god and, as per the Babel Fish rule, god can't prove his existance to man, etc. So if there is a god, we can't really know, and if there isnt, we can't really know... So I just don't give a shit. For all intents and purposes I'm atheist, I guess, but... I admit there's a possibility that he exists. I just don't care either way.

bluecuracao 07-26-2007 08:39 PM

"Don't Know"

elSicomoro 07-27-2007 01:59 PM

I was raised non-practicing Catholic and have moved away from organized religion since graduating from high school (I went to Catholic school K-12). April and I are getting married Catholic partly because that's what she wants to do (though she's not a practicing Catholic and not a religious person in general) and partly because our parents (especially mine) would probably blow cylinders if we didn't.

I would say that April and I are "spiritual"...I believe many different things, but primarily I believe in God and I also believe in karma and heaven. I try to do right every day so that I can live a good life now and in the afterlife.

Flint 07-27-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 368201)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 368477)
Atheist/Buddhist/Pastafarian

I knew I was forgetting something! I have also been touched by his noodley appendage. :fsm: Ramen.

Rhianne 07-27-2007 03:58 PM

I love that picture RK!

jinx 07-27-2007 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 368780)
I knew I was forgetting something! I have also been touched by his noodley appendage. :fsm: Ramen.

I just got this for my jeep - havent put it on yet.

Flint 07-27-2007 09:45 PM

Awesome.

Oh, and by the way, I also play drums at a Christian church. If you can believe it, I agree with almost everything they believe, with the two minor exceptions of the anthropomorphication of the immutable forces of nature into a silly character of obvioulsy human-based design, and the deification of a mortal man who had a simple message that is almost universally ignored by those who use his name as an excuse for their selfish actions. Just those two things. Well, also anything else that is derived from these misunderstandings.

But, really, I agree with almost everything else, except just those two things. And their derivatives.

Really. Somewhere in there is the same basic message you can get from any other source, you just have to peel away about a thousand layers of bureaucracy, entrenched social injustices, political motivations, machinations for total domination of the male gender, etc.

But there's good stuff in there. Under all that. Really.

Ibby 07-27-2007 11:04 PM

Religion: Good and wholesome and loving and everything else, with a bit of superstition in there.

ORGANIZED Religion: The devil.

Telefunken 07-28-2007 05:36 AM

I have an interesting history with religion. I was raised a Baptist but went evangelical in my teens. I grew out of that and went New Age in my early college years. Which got me into Taoism and Buddhism. I've explored Reform Judaism. If I had to identify myself with one religion, I would consider myself an Universalist Unitarian.

wolf 07-28-2007 09:35 AM

I think it can be successfully argued that Univeralist Unitarian isn't actually a religion. I believe they are a bunch of people who just want something to do on Sunday mornings.

Rexmons 07-28-2007 11:55 AM

like ihoperans?