The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Tolerance (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27254)

jimhelm 04-27-2012 12:22 PM

Oh, look .... A whole new pile of shit you've found to step in.

'grats!

jimhelm 04-27-2012 12:23 PM

re·tard·ed
adj, \ri-ˈtär-dəd\
Definition of RETARDED
: slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development or academic progress

infinite monkey 04-27-2012 12:30 PM

OK, everybody. It is again politically acceptable to call someone retarded. I repeat, you may resume calling people retarded. :eyebrow:

Just don't call them black or ghey or hermaphroditic. :right:

Flint 04-27-2012 01:04 PM

This word means something:
Quote:

slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development

jimhelm 04-27-2012 01:17 PM

Right. I didn't call him a retard.

Gravdigr 04-27-2012 01:33 PM

I would like to take this opportunity to completely, totally, unashamedly, unabashedly, unquestionably, without reservation, without doubt, without regard to what I may have said in the past, in public or in private, disavow any knowledge, relationship, or pleasant regard concerning this JBKlyde you speak of.

Dang JB, just stop, man.:lol2:

infinite monkey 04-27-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 808985)
This word means something:

I'll ask my negroid (or heshe might be mulatto, I'm not sure) hermaphroditic mongoloid friend if that's acceptable.

What? They're all scientifically valid words that mean something. :lol:

Come on, lighten up, francis. :D

JBKlyde 04-27-2012 03:50 PM

So I'm saying I love black people and in 'essence' pledging allegiance to the president.. and your saying to hell with me.. ok well no one supported me 10 years ago when I said we we're trying to get a black president elected either.. and noone supported me when I said I wanted to do a show in Iraq before we got attacked so I guess when I'm a millionaire no will support then either..

infinite monkey 04-27-2012 03:54 PM

JB, I think that most didn't get what you were trying to say. I wish I could help you with your communication skills because I'm sure you're frustrated.

Which is kind of my point with my always snide sense of humor responses: it's like we are looking for 'politically incorrect', rotten tomatoes in hand, and I find that as offensive as anything else.

I mean, if I said "BOO" someone could accuse me of being racist.

Or maybe they'd think I also had a soft spot for Boo Radley. Which, I do. ;)

Sundae 04-27-2012 03:56 PM

I just take issue that you didn't include quadroons and octaroons on your list.
A lick of the tar brush still counts you know.

DanaC 04-27-2012 04:24 PM

Shine on, a new level of bizarre.

Also...don't much like the word 'retard' either. Don't like it being used as an insult. The people who would once have been called that and are now termed learning disabled are no more or less likely to be a twat or a dickhead than anyone else.

Flint 04-27-2012 04:30 PM

No one was called that.

DanaC 04-27-2012 04:32 PM

Yeah...that was as much an opportunity to throw in dickhead and twat as ought else, if I'm entirely honest :p

JBKlyde 04-27-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

I mean, if I said "BOO" someone could accuse me of being racist
yogie why do people smoke, I don't know boo boo but I wouldn't do it if I were you...

Flint 04-27-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 809054)
So I'm saying I love black people and in 'essence' pledging allegiance to the president..

Strike three! This is just as offensive as the last thing you said. You just can't win, can you?