The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What the fuck is wrong with New York City Mayor Michael Rubens Bloomberg? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27455)

Cyber Wolf 05-31-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 813492)
Soon, we won't be able to leave our houses because everything, EVERYTHING, is dangerous.

Can't stay home either, everything dangerous there too.
Mold, mildew, pet dander, pet poo, stairs, area rugs, carpets, tile floors, table edges, table corners, knives, forks, cleaning agents, bathtubs, dust, other people, electricity, water, lead piping, lead paint, asbestos, not enough fresh air, not enough sunshine, not enough exercise, not enough human interaction/socializing... umm... what'd I miss?

infinite monkey 05-31-2012 01:59 PM

omg you're right.

We need some regimen imposed upon us. We'll be like a superior race! We'll all be pretty much the same and RUGGED and HEARTY...can we be brunettes though, please, this time? Hai Hitler! Oh hai! :lol:

classicman 05-31-2012 03:15 PM

We could go stay with Newt at his vacation setup on the Moon.

classicman 05-31-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 813494)
A low-to-no-cost solution already exists: death.

Getting to the point of death is where the costs are.
It's the diabetes and heart issues and cancers treatments BEFORE they die that are so expensive.

glatt 05-31-2012 03:37 PM

And if you think you aren't paying for them, you are deluding yourself.

infinite monkey 05-31-2012 03:54 PM

*snickers*

Paying much more for myself than many, maybe most, for sure. Paying for others, for sure. Don't mind, for sure. I live in a society, but I don't think that makes me a decider. :lol:

Cyber Wolf is right. Don't get busy livin' get busy dyin'. And fear everything that you think is baaaaaddddd and espouse everything you think is gooooooooooood.

Jesus Henry Christ, we're talking about POP. :lol2:

tw 05-31-2012 06:18 PM

We don't hear regulations imposed on patriotic industries. Because most industries quietly remove dangers before you hear of them. How many products no longer have methyl ethyl ketone? No regulations necessary. The danger removed long ago.

How often do you consume 90 sugar cubes in a sitting – and love it. Clearly everyone does that because they want to. Or maybe because some industries easily manipulate lies and spin so that you did not know it was 90 sugar cubes per cup. If the heavy sugar drink industry was honest, then everyone knew that supersized soda was 90 sugar cubes. Most did not know until reading here because the industry is about spin and lies.

Why did better car manufacturers stop putting emblems on the front hood? They were killing people. Why were regulations not required? Because even GM eventually stopped harming people when other more responsible (patriotic) manufacturers eliminated them.

Why not sell cocaine laced drinks. After all, it is your right to consume what you want. That sugar laced drink is nutritionally equivalent to cocaine. So let's stop banning cocaine from drinks. After all, cocaine creates a similar health problem.

Some industries - including banks and cigarettes - earned the regulations they deserve. In every case, it was about manipulating people even by lying.

Supersize me. It took a glaring movie before MacDonalds suddenly realized they would be heavily regulated if they did not start making changes. Even MacDonalds only posted nutrition information after regulations finally required it. Sometimes regulations are necessary. The more corrupt the industry, then the more regulations it earns.

Your home has few dangers because so many companies addressed their defects rather than earn regulations.

classicman 05-31-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

How many products no longer have methyl ethyl ketone? No regulations necessary. The danger removed long ago.
Its available on Ebay

classicman 05-31-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Why did better car manufacturers stop putting emblems on the front hood?
Rolls Royce still manufactures their vehicle with them this year. I would consider them better than a better car manufacturer.
jus sayin.

xoxoxoBruce 06-01-2012 01:46 AM

They all do, they just stopped using hood ornaments for safety.

glatt 06-01-2012 07:30 AM

Safe for whom? Indiana Jones needed that hood ornament to hang onto the truck long enough to get his whip situated.

Sundae 06-01-2012 12:44 PM

I have no issue with a "fat tax" or minimum pricing levels on alcohol.
They'd help me make better choices.

It won't affect citizens who have more self control than me, because they don't make my poor choices, or at least don't make them as often as I do. So the immediate cost to them is negligible, and they benefit from long term savings on healthcare.

Which we need to offset the cost of treating stooopid smokers :p:

Gravdigr 06-01-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 (Post 813463)
Free will is bad. mmmkay.

Fixed it.

Spexxvet 06-01-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 813491)
Why all the outrage? He was just following Michelle's example.

And Jack LaLanne, Euell Gibbons, and many others.

Gravdigr 06-01-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tw (Post 813536)
How many products no longer have methyl ethyl ketone? No regulations necessary. The danger removed long ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 813551)

The vacuum harness assemblies for environmental controls on a lot of cars/trucks is manufactured using MEK. I know, I used to make them.