The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ass Wiping! Do you sit or stand? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6308)

glatt 07-13-2004 09:44 AM

We went through the same thing with our daughter, who just turned 5. It took her a while, but she finally got the hang of it.

Isn't it amazing how becoming a parent changes your perception of what "gross" is? You learn that just about anything can be washed off your hands, and you go on living.

LabRat 07-13-2004 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
just about anything can be washed off your hands, and you go on living.

Aha! been looking for a new sig line, thanks :D

Cyber Wolf 07-13-2004 11:51 AM

Remember, ladies: Front to back! More hygenic! Helps keep some things out of places where some things shouldn't be!

glatt 07-13-2004 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LabRat
Aha! been looking for a new sig line, thanks :D

Glad to help. :biggrin:

limey 07-13-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
Remember, ladies: Front to back! More hygenic! Helps keep some things out of places where some things shouldn't be!

And how do you do that neatly sitting down? With a bad back, for example? (I'm a stander upper).

Cyber Wolf 07-13-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey
And how do you do that neatly sitting down? With a bad back, for example? (I'm a stander upper).

You do it however you manage. The details of the matter are your business! :D

lumberjim 07-13-2004 02:50 PM

I'm sure I'll take a beating for this, but what the fuck, why not. what's one more beating

how about really really big fat people. how do they manage? i'm talking seriously big here, like the physics won't work......as in, their arm won't reach around their hip. do they have to get help? use a short stick? wrap the toilet brush in TP? sorry about the visual, but this actually came up in conversation the other day, and we were all stumped.

i mean like Gilbert Grape's mom.

glatt 07-13-2004 03:08 PM

I remember hearing somewhere that people of that size use a sponge on a stick to wash themselves in general. That visual stuck with me. I imagine they use something similar to wipe.

dar512 07-13-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim
I'm sure I'll take a beating for this, but what the fuck, why not. what's one more beating

how about really really big fat people. how do they manage? i'm talking seriously big here, like the physics won't work......as in, their arm won't reach around their hip. do they have to get help? use a short stick? wrap the toilet brush in TP? sorry about the visual, but this actually came up in conversation the other day, and we were all stumped.

i mean like Gilbert Grape's mom.

Ok. I am chuckling while I write this. But you have waaaay too much free time my friend.

And by the way...... eww.

hot_pastrami 07-13-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

how about really really big fat people. how do they manage?

I used to work with a guy a few jobs ago... about the nicest guy you'd ever meet, but he was monstrously fat. On one occassion I entered the restrooms just as he was leaving, and found an odor lurking inside which made my lunch roll over in its grave. This triggered a line of thought similar to your question... how can a guy that big manage the cleanup process? None of the feasible theories were pleasanat ones, and frankly, the most logical guess involved "leaving the Klingons on the ship's stern" and possibly lining the shorts with TP until bathtime.

But you know what they say about curiosity. I didn't allow my mind to ponder the matter further.

lumberjim 07-13-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512
Ok. I am chuckling while I write this. But you have waaaay too much free time my friend.

And by the way...... eww.

As long as I make at least ONE of you folks laugh a day, it's time well spent. bonus when you tell me about it. and, yes...eww is right.

and, as it's come up, my free time is going to be much less at work now. they moved my assistant into the sales department yesterday, so I'll have more clerical work to do.

Sun_Sparkz 07-13-2004 08:51 PM

Yeah i guess it all depends on how you were taught as a child. if yuo were taught one way, you never really consider doing it any other way.

I am a stander. If i had children with someone who was a sitter, i guess potty training would be a little confusing for the tikes, but i can not handle putting my hand inside the bowl. yuck! as for cheek sqish, there is no such thing, well..i for one dont have that problem. but perhaps if you were o/weight maybe i'm not sure.

PUBLIC TIOLETS: i rarely use them. i have trained myself only to go at home (mornings and nights, even peeing) i wont even go at work unless i'm bout to wet myself and there even we have 5 star bathrooms. It's just what other peole do there is gross! i cant handle the smell/ look/ confined space/ hiding germs.

Carbonated_Brains 07-14-2004 12:27 AM

Lately I've been using the triple-sow-cow position.

Sun_Sparkz 07-14-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbonated_Brains
Lately I've been using the triple-sow-cow position.

lots of milk?

:eyebrow:

limey 07-14-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

how about [snip ...] like [when] the physics won't work

This reminds me of a guy I used to see in the canteen of the office building I used to work in in Moscow. He had what in UK would be referred to as 'thalidomide' arms (i.e. they were significantly shortened. so that his hands were at elbow distance from his shoulders, because his mother had taken said drug during pregnancy). How did he take a leak in a public urinal? Did someone hold it for him? I suppose he just sat down, come to think of it... But then, how did he, erm, well, :blush: satisfy himself :blush: ?

PS Edited to add this PS, God, I can't believe I've just posted this :vomitblu: