The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy New Year 2007 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12978)

Trilby 01-01-2007 11:22 AM

Happy Nude Year! :) YAY!

xoxoxoBruce 01-01-2007 12:59 PM

Or the first time in close to 20 years I didn't host a NYE gathering, because for the first time in almost that long, I have the flu. Since people were already en-route, from far flung places, when I was struck down on Friday, I managed to shift the burden to a friend in NJ.

I did put in a brief appearance to distribute Christmas gifts and acquire some new toys.... but I really wish I had a hangover.
To all the people that have called me a sick bastard....now you're right.:sick2:

DanaC 01-01-2007 01:07 PM

Oh no!! Poor Bruce! That sucks mate. It really does. :(

xoxoxoBruce 01-01-2007 03:16 PM

They'll appreciate me more next year...and I still got my toys. :D

bluecuracao 01-01-2007 03:35 PM

Well Bruce, I'm sure you're still adorable, even if you're all sniffly and feverish.

Happy New Year to all!

Griff 01-01-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
.., I have the flu.

Bummer man. Get your rest.

xoxoxoBruce 01-01-2007 08:18 PM

If I only had someone to suck the poison out. :ipray:

Urbane Guerrilla 01-02-2007 01:17 AM

Well, Bruce, sorry to hear about that; flu's a lot less convenient to recover from than a cold, with what it takes out of ya. Get well soonest, and expect to take it easy for a week after that -- no marathons!

glatt 01-02-2007 09:54 AM

Hope you are feeling better Bruce.

Our New Year's Eve plans were canceled when our hosts informed us they had a stomach bug running through their family. We were all sorry to miss the fun, but better to stay home and stay healthy. Watched the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel on DVD instead. It's as bad as you've heard.

Flint 01-02-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
Watched the Pirates of the Caribbean sequel on DVD instead. It's as bad as you've heard.

I sat there thinking "Oh...another cursed ship, another evil captain, something about a black spot, how is this not the same exact movie, again?" Then I realized: I don't care. I honestly don't care to sort out these formulaic details, in order to comprehend a plot based on an animatronic theme-park ride. However, I suppose watching Johnny Depp simply for the sake of seeing Johnny Depp is...something. I have to admit at this point that I've been watching 21 Jumpstreet on DVD. I'm up to the third season.

Elspode 01-02-2007 10:13 AM

Griff, that was a hell of a New Year's gift. It was, in fact, one of the most unlikely things ever, yet there they are. Wish I'd had about a million bucks on that...the odds were long, indeed.

glatt 01-02-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint
I sat there thinking "Oh...another cursed ship, another evil captain, something about a black spot, how is this not the same exact movie, again?" Then I realized: I don't care. I honestly don't care to sort out these formulaic details, in order to comprehend a plot based on an animatronic theme-park ride. However, I suppose watching Johnny Depp simply for the sake of seeing Johnny Depp is...something. I have to admit at this point that I've been watching 21 Jumpstreet on DVD. I'm up to the third season.

It's funny. I went through the same process starting about 20 minutes into the movie. I just didn't care, so I stopped following the plot. I remember snippets, but couldn't really tell you right now what the plot was. The sword fights were action-packed though, and that Keira Knightly sure is hot.

Flint 01-02-2007 10:31 AM

...something about a big hampster wheel... . . .

Elspode 01-02-2007 12:37 PM

I rather liked the film, myself. But then I'm not terribly demanding of my action films.

glatt 01-12-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 303510)
It's funny. I went through the same process starting about 20 minutes into the movie. I just didn't care, so I stopped following the plot. I remember snippets, but couldn't really tell you right now what the plot was. The sword fights were action-packed though, and that Keira Knightly sure is hot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 303513)
...something about a big hampster wheel... . . .

It was on TV a few weeks ago, and I was watching it, thinking to myself that it was the one movie in the series I hadn't seen yet. And then there was the hamster wheel scene again, so I knew I had seen it. But couldn't remember a damn thing about it. So I turned it off.