The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Daniel Pearl video available online (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=1546)

sypher 05-28-2002 03:53 PM

How is the media looking at this?

I dont particularly want to see the footage but i hope its not erased from history for its disagreeable content.

Nic Name 05-28-2002 05:07 PM

I agree.

If we lived in a society that censored such information, we'd be living in denial of the holocaust in Nazi Germany and lynchings in America.

sypher 05-28-2002 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nic Name
I agree.

If we lived in a society that censored such information, we'd be living in denial of the holocaust in Nazi Germany and lynchings in America.

Too true, we have got to get out of the medias grip.

Reminds me of a good quote:

'News is what someone wants to suppress. Everything else is advertising'

I would be happier leaving it to the individual to open a book, put a tape in a vcr, click a link or listen to someones speeches than have someone tell them what to consume or what is consumable.

jaguar 05-29-2002 01:46 AM

Urgh this video is everywhere, i got it when i thought i was downloading a music video (BASTARD!!) I started comps on macOS 6, didn't see windows still very late 3.1
Man those were the days....Oh god i'm 17 going on 70...

BobbyK 06-05-2002 09:48 AM

Daniel Pearl video available online

I saw this video...Let me just say that it is one of the more horrible things I have seen on the internet, but I was curious as to how their propagandists had manipulated the cold-blooded killing of another human-being into a good press for themselves.

It is disturbing to see how twisted their reality is. I think that having it on the internet for people to see is okay only so everyone can see how fanatical these people are. Civilized people don't do what these people did.

juju 06-05-2002 10:43 AM

So, what does Daniel Pearl say into the camera?

dave 06-05-2002 11:20 AM

"I'm Jewish. My mother's Jewish. My father's Jewish."

"There's a street in Jerusalem, named (Yehuda?)-Pearl street. That's named after my great grandfather."

and about a trillion other things that he was forced to say. I'm not quoting directly because I don't have the video here at work, but basically the gist of it is that he's an evil Jew, his family are evil Jews and Zionists, and that Americans need to stop their unconditional support for Israel and start treating the world better. Good points, the last one, but you don't make them with a dead reporter, unfortunately.

bibhucell 05-22-2007 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nothing But Net (Post 15379)
Got the link through TotalFark.

I you have any doubt about how depraved and barbaric human beings can be, I invite you to watch...

In fact, the video is so graphic and disgusting I'm not even going to post the link here; e-mail me if you want it.

It is amazing how good the production values are. These people aren't street thugs; they are well organized, well financed madmen.

I hate these fuckers! :mad:

(Not sure how long this site's gonna be up, it's on AOL)

bibhucell 05-22-2007 04:44 AM

please send me the video of Daniel Pearl killing

xoxoxoBruce 05-22-2007 10:32 AM

Welcome to the Cellar, bibhucell.:D
I think you're 5 years too late.

vsp 05-22-2007 10:37 AM

Is it out on DVD yet?