The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Things you should do. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4421)

elSicomoro 11-21-2003 03:37 PM

I'm only the moderator of the Manifestos, but I'll give my 2 cents:

I'm sure April is a nice person overall, but I don't think she's ready for the Cellar. At the same time, FNF and insoluble have been basically egging her on for the last couple of days, so I'd say they're partly to blame as well.

Dagney 11-21-2003 03:41 PM

Then why not take out _all_ the trash, instead of leaving some rotten apples behind to fester?

IMO

bmgb 11-21-2003 03:42 PM

You'd think the site would have already been banned, since her teacher found out about it.

Undertoad 11-21-2003 03:46 PM

This place operates by rough consensus, the mods have no power other than having their own areas which they do control.

If it were up to me I would tell the school to block here.

HaywardNelson 11-21-2003 03:47 PM

Don't you think it's a little wrong to post the school information of a child on here? I'm assuming you're all adults and that you would probably be pretty upset if someone posted your work information on here, so why is it okay to post her school information?

If the point was to scare her, you could have done so in a private message with the information. There's no need to put it on here.

FileNotFound 11-21-2003 03:52 PM

She provided that info herself, even if indirectly.

HaywardNelson 11-21-2003 03:54 PM

Dude, she's a child. Grow-up, FileNotFound.

HaywardNelson 11-21-2003 03:57 PM

I'm sure she didn't realize you could get all of that information from her post. Unless she posted that herself and you just cut and pasted it, you're in the wrong, but tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night.

There is that whole thing when you register about how this site respects your privacy, though. Is this respecting her privacy? The fact that she is an ass doesn't give you the right to announce her information to the world.

DNK 11-21-2003 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HaywardNelson
Dude, she's a child. Grow-up, FileNotFound.

Quote:

Originally posted by FileNotFound
being just 21.
Here

So is he.

GBA

DNK

HaywardNelson 11-21-2003 04:02 PM

Oh, so that's why FNF is such a fruity assclown.
Thanks, DNK.

FileNotFound 11-21-2003 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by HaywardNelson
I'm sure she didn't realize you could get all of that information from her post. Unless she posted that herself and you just cut and pasted it, you're in the wrong, but tell yourself whatever you need to in order to sleep at night.

There is that whole thing when you register about how this site respects your privacy, though. Is this respecting her privacy? The fact that she is an ass doesn't give you the right to announce her information to the world.

First of all. This so called 'child' HAS a child and at 17 I think she might as well be considered an adult.

Yeah I'm 4 years older than her but I think I'm about 20 years ahead of her in maturity. (Thats unless you think that having a kid makes someone mature)

While I may not sleep too well at night, I assure you that my sense of guilt in my treatment of April is the last thing on my mind.

September 11-21-2003 04:03 PM

21 is hardly a child. I think FNF is not yet a women, not still a child

FileNotFound 11-21-2003 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by September
21 is hardly a child. I think FNF is not yet a women, not still a child
Damn man...I sure hope that I'm not yet a woman...shit that'd be scary....

September 11-21-2003 04:11 PM

and yet, oddly arousing.

Riddil 11-21-2003 04:16 PM

LOL, this thread has taken an amusing twist.

Anyhow, if the mods wanted her gone, they would have already banned her. So waiting for a mods blessing to get her access filtered isn't really a worthwhile effort... if they wanted her gone they simply would have blocked her already.

But!

Considering calling on your own... first you have to ask why does her school have the filter in place? Obviously they have a very extensive filter since it has seemingly blocked "everywhere but here".

It would seem that the school officials are very concerned about controlling internet access and what the students can and can't see, for whatever reasons.

Considering that so many other sites have been filtered by her school, it stands to reason that they only reason that the cellar isn't filtered is simply b/c it "fell under the radar".

By that logic, it stands to reason that the school would indeed like to know about the cellar, and add it to their filter list. You would be doing them a service by calling this one in.

Of course, getting the person that answers the phone to actually do anything about it would be another challenge....

Anyhow, I'm really indifferent on this one. But it's still fun to watch. ;)