The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Election 2012 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27441)

infinite monkey 06-08-2012 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
91%
Green
85%
Democratic
61%
Libertarian
9%
Republican

Cyber Wolf 06-08-2012 09:17 AM

Odd... that quiz pegged me as Libertarian/Democrat. I always hated political labels but never considered myself a Libertarian before.

Urbane Guerrilla 06-09-2012 09:15 AM

Does happen, though.

TheMercenary 06-12-2012 09:28 PM

Nice........

Joy Behar, Al Gore's new employee at Current TV, said Tuesday in response to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney's comments on the need for more police, teachers, and firefighters, "I’d like to see his house burn, one of his millions of houses burning down."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz1xdW2JAf9

classicman 06-12-2012 09:56 PM

She is as irrelevant as current tv and its 8 viewers.
yawn.

TheMercenary 06-12-2012 09:59 PM

wish that were true, but it is not...

classicman 06-12-2012 10:09 PM

huh?
Quote:

Current TV's overall viewership failed to meet Nielsen's minimum reporting standard, which means that the network's average audience was not large enough to be rated, since the new TV season began last September 19.
Quote:

According to three sources with knowledge of the situation, Time Warner Cable Inc's carriage agreement with Current TV stipulates that, if the left-leaning political news network fails to meet a minimum threshold for overall viewers in a given quarter, financial penalties such as Current TV being required to increase marketing and promotion spending on the cable operator's systems are triggered.

If Current TV misses the audience benchmark in two consecutive quarters, another clause is triggered that would allow Time Warner Cable to drop the channel.
Link

Sheldonrs 06-13-2012 01:55 PM

I don't get Current TV but I listen to Bill Press and Stephanie Miller most mornings on the radio and agree with them on most things.

In regard to the election. My vote is going to President Obama. He hasn't done everything I wanted but I believe he HAS tried on most of them. And he's gotten a lot done with a congress that is on the record as stating their number one goal is to keep Obama from being elected.

Romney is an out-of-touch moron who doesn't give a damn about anything but getting elected. His views change daily and he can't put two words together without inserting his foot in his mouth.
I lived in MA when he was gov. He never visited most of the state and the only good thing he did was his health care reform that he now avoids talking about because Obama's reform was modeled after it.

classicman 06-13-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

...stating their number one goal is to keep Obama from being elected
Sorry to tell you, but this is the goal of every party which loses the previous election.
This is nothing new. To the victor go the spoils and all that.

Sheldonrs 06-13-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 815140)
Sorry to tell you, but this is the goal of every party which loses the previous election.

True, but very rarely is it stated out right by a leader of the other party on the first day the President in question is sworn in.
McConnell did that, if I'm not mistaken.

BigV 06-13-2012 05:48 PM

Right.

What has been conspicuously and tragically absent from the statements made by the most public and vocal Republicans is a sense of working for the good of the country. It was all rah rah rah my team, right or wrong and no coming together after the election. That was shitty, and is shitty. It's childish. I have seen young children display more "good sportsmanship" than these bitter, craven, myopic harridans. We will all reap the bitter harvest they've sown.

classicman 06-13-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 815164)
True, but very rarely is it stated out right by a leader of the other party on the first day the President in question is sworn in.

So you at least admire their openness and honesty?

Lamplighter 06-13-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 815171)
So you at least admire their openness and honesty?

quelle drole

xoxoxoBruce 06-13-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 815140)

That's bullshit, in the not that distant past the #1 goal was good government, what's best for the country. They didn't always agree what that entailed, but they worked and compromised toward that end... plus lining their own pockets.

A couple of months ago unemployment was slowly, steadily, going down and Obama's rating was climbing. Suddenly unemployment started to rise. coincidence? I think not. I think it's evidence that the power brokers will sacrifice you and yours, to get a stronger stranglehold on the country. They have plenty of money to wait it out while the economy flounders, do you?

infinite monkey 06-13-2012 10:39 PM

So true, sadly.