The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   New Fucking Thread! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20096)

Meursault 04-17-2009 04:21 PM

dunno. the irony of borrowing a name from a book i read once 20 years ago is something that should probably be preserved dontcha think?

Cicero 04-17-2009 04:28 PM

Sure. But I am not getting the irony...I'll let you know when I figure it out. :)

The good news: We won't have to worry about you staying in character if you don't know what it is...

Awww.....relief!!

Meursault 04-17-2009 04:44 PM

well, i suppose it barely qualifies as 'irony' in any true sense, so there's not much to get. one would expect me to perhaps know the book inside-out and have some psychological sense of affiliation with the character, but as i recall my interpretation of the book differed from everyone elses', so even if i thought i was in character you might not. not too sure there's any standard interpretation anyway. i might easily have chosen a name from someone whose character truly matched mine, but that'd just make things too easy ;
and what thought prompted a choice of quintus over marcus...?
i considered archimedes too, because of his death, but decided not to sully his name. don't mind sullying a fictional character so much tho....

Cicero 04-17-2009 05:01 PM

Nah I just have a fetish for the whole family. A lot of people don't know or care who it is so it usually doesn't matter. Not that I am sure that it matters ever.

I really don't worry if I "sully" the family name, the name actually literally means- crap. Manure. I don't think you'll find that on Wikipedia.

A lot of people just think it's a street name in the United States, so why not? :)

The personality doesn't match mine either, I don't see why it would have to. But it is an indicator of something I do like. :) It's like naming yourself strawberry because you love strawberries. Not because you are one.

I like the name Meursault in itself. Even outside of books and interpretations...Good choice. ;)

jinx 04-17-2009 07:55 PM

Fuck yeah! Nice job noob.

Sheldonrs 04-17-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 557368)
Fuck yeah! Nice job noob.

How do you know it's a noob job? :D

Bullitt 04-17-2009 08:26 PM

gravitons and graviolis

Tiki 04-17-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meursault (Post 557293)
or i could ask why women talk about intelligence and consideration and 'sensitivity' when they know damned well they'll run screaming from any guy who puts on such an act,

Damn straight we'll run away if it's a put-on act!

If it's genuine, we'll marry him... which is why there are so few intelligent, considerate, sensitive single men.

morethanpretty 04-17-2009 09:04 PM

Sexist!

You really wanted to be called a sexist.

You sick fucker.

Chocolatl 04-17-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 557371)
How do you know it's a noob job? :D

Nipples are a little cockeyed.

lumberjim 04-17-2009 09:17 PM

meursalt, I have some questions for you.

1. If you had $50K to spend on one car, which would you choose? (you don't get to keep the change)

2. Ketchup or mustard on your hotdog? ( I know this one is old, but it is SO telling)

4. What was the third question? and your answer?

5. Who, in your real life acquaintance, is smarter than you are?

6. How did you lose your hair?

7. boxers or briefs?

8. Do you have change for a dollar?

9. Why is the sky blue?

10. What color is the number 6?

Meursault 04-17-2009 09:56 PM

of course it's a put-on act. all i care about are the viking helmet and rollerblades : D

meursalt, I have some questions for you.

1. If you had $50K to spend on one car, which would you choose. (you don't get to keep the change)
but you didn't rule out selling the car. so i'd go with a mercedes slk roadster, which would, with minimal extras, come in just under 50k, and would have a great resale value even after driving it for a couple of years.

2. Ketchup or mustard on you hotdog? ( I know this one is old, but it is SO telling)
your* and mustard. and lots of onion. only barbarians eat ketchup.

4. What was the third question? and your answer?
this ^ IS the third question, DUH

5. Who, in your real life acquaintance, is smarter than you are?
a shrink once asked me if i'd ever experienced a hallucination. i asked her how i would have known.

zipper accident

7. boxers or briefs?
ibid #6

8. Do you have change for a dollar?
i always tell panhandlers "sorry. don't have anything smaller than a 50".

9. Why is the sky blue?
because the shorter wavelengths are diffused by air molecules whereas the longer (red) wavelengths pass right on thru.

limey 04-18-2009 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen of the Ryche (Post 557335)
mask, cheese plate and cape. that is all.

Fixed it for ya!

Meursault 04-18-2009 08:36 AM

<bump>

morethanpretty 04-18-2009 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meursault (Post 557385)
1. If you had $50K to spend on one car, which would you choose. (you don't get to keep the change)
but you didn't rule out selling the car. so i'd go with a mercedes slk roadster, which would, with minimal extras, come in just under 50k, and would have a great resale value even after driving it for a couple of years.

You have to have sex in it before you sell it. That is the rule.

Quote:

2. Ketchup or mustard on you hotdog? ( I know this one is old, but it is SO telling)
your* and mustard. and lots of onion. only barbarians eat ketchup.

I knew it! Freak, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. That's just disgusting.

Quote:

zipper accident

so, you good with velcro, or has that caused problems too?

Quote:

9. Why is the sky blue?
because the shorter wavelengths are diffused by air molecules whereas the longer (red) wavelengths pass right on thru.

You expect us to believe that wacko science talk? God did it! God did it all!

Quote:

Finally, you make some sense.