The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stupidity at Work (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20152)

robsterman1 04-28-2009 10:52 AM

Error between brain and keyboard

Tiki 04-28-2009 02:02 PM

From a jewelry designer to me: "What kind of design would you use these beads in?"

Me: "I'm actually not sure, because I don't make jewelry, just beads."

Maybe that is not really a strange question? I was just a little stymied. Seemed sort of like a fine woodworker asking a logger what to do with a piece of wood.

Sheldonrs 04-28-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiki (Post 561077)
...what to do with a piece of wood.

What indeed. ;)

Pie 04-28-2009 02:51 PM

Well, Shel could certainly tell 'em where to stick it!

piercehawkeye45 04-28-2009 03:00 PM

An MBA student came in demanding me to fix her computer because one of my co-workers supposedly messed it up. I asked her what was wrong and she said her email didn't work, her calendar service didn't work, and her bookmarks and desktop icons disappeared.

I first enabled the email account and then went to the start menu where she then pointed out how the icons have been rearranged.

"How could you rearrange those?"

*Looks at computer for a second*

"This isn't your personal account is it?"

"Oh......*changes account*....oh, it all works now"

*facepalm*

richlevy 04-28-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 560885)
Richlevy is helpless before the Right, avoids the Light, and so on, preferring to act like a juvenile. All that, just to stay left of center. :headshake

Yep I guess I'll just have to stand over here on the left/center side, along with Arlen Specter and about 200,000 Republican defectors in Pennsylvania.

It's like those scenes in the movies where the good guys leap from the speeding train just before it falls into the ravine.

Metaphorically speaking, you've decided to stay with the engine just because someone let you play with the horn.

As for acting juvenile, there's a reason for that. Your arguments fail so totally at a rational adult level that I must seek a more childlike state to even have a chance of being suckered....er....appreciating them.

So, in a way, this is all for your benefit. Enjoy. :moon:

ZenGum 04-29-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 561107)
Well, Shel could certainly tell 'em where to stick it!

I reckon he could make some suggestions for the beads, too!

Rich, excellent rebuttal of UG. :lol:

Crimson Ghost 04-29-2009 02:19 AM

Overheard at 'Barnes & Noble' -

Customer is 30-ish male in 3-piece suit, briefcase, Blackberry, ect.
C: Excuse me miss, I want to order this book, but all the computer says is 'OOP'!
E: Let me take a look at that for you. Hmm.... Seems that this book is out of print. That's why it said 'OOP'.
C: I don't care what the computer says! I want this book!
E: Well, sir, I'm sorry, but it isn't in our system. Therefore, we can't order it.
C: Don't lie to me! I have a credit card! Order the book!
E: Sir, the book is out of print. It cannot be ordered.
C: FINE!!! You people don't know what you're doing! B. Dalton will order it for me!
Customer stomps out of store, on verge of tears.

I guess having a credit card makes everything possible.

Tiki 04-29-2009 02:45 AM

Oh god. I used to work at a book store. That happened more than you would ever imagine. The heart breaks at it.

Clodfobble 04-29-2009 10:17 AM

I see that B. Dalton is smart enough to get some employee to order it used off Amazon marketplace and give it a steep markup.

classicman 04-29-2009 11:14 AM

Why didn't he just order online himself for 1/10th of the cost?

BigV 04-29-2009 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 561223)
Yep I guess I'll just have to stand over here on the left/center side, along with Arlen Specter and about 200,000 Republican defectors in Pennsylvania.

It's like those scenes in the movies where the good guys leap from the speeding train just before it falls into the ravine.

Metaphorically speaking, you've decided to stay with the engine just because someone *told you to be* the horn.

As for acting juvenile, there's a reason for that. Your arguments fail so totally at a rational adult level that I must seek a more childlike state to even have a chance of being suckered....er....appreciating them.

So, in a way, this is all for your benefit. Enjoy. :moon:

fixed that for ya.

Honestly, yers is betta. :lol2:

Crimson Ghost 04-29-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 561389)
Why didn't he just order online himself for 1/10th of the cost?

Because he has a credit card, ya big silly.

lookout123 04-29-2009 04:41 PM

If he was really somebody he'd have sent his assistant in to the store to throw that fit for him.

BrianR 04-30-2009 06:40 PM

Lord, I can pass on stories...where to begin?