The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Justice can be swift (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27548)

jimhelm 06-21-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 816092)
I'm cool with the outcome, but that girl is going to have trouble getting a prom date.

She'll have a hard time finding a man that measures up to her super hero father's standard, I'll wager.

best possible outcome to that scenario, IMO.

Clodfobble 06-21-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 816139)
I'm a little surprised his wife is standing by him. How can she still be in denial with that many witnesses coming forward?

Do they have children? Maybe she's secretly afraid that he did it to them too...

JBKlyde 06-21-2012 05:54 PM

I think when it comes to taking someones life.. by accident or by force the question "Is the world a Better place without him" has to be asked. If the answer is YES. Then you can sleep well knowing that you've done the world a justice.

Ibby 06-21-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 816226)
I think when it comes to taking someones life.. by accident or by force the question "Is the world a Better place without him" has to be asked. If the answer is YES. Then you can sleep well knowing that you've done the world a justice.

if it were open season on people the world would be better without.. we'd have a MUCH smaller world population.

DanaC 06-21-2012 06:12 PM

*snort*

JBKlyde 06-21-2012 06:13 PM

IF we killed as many of the "bad guys" as we do unborn babies, the world WOULD be a MUCH better place...

footfootfoot 06-21-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 816027)
Good Job Pops ,
I have NO problem with what he did , at ALL

Yeah, apart from that it was far too quick. I expect the punishment should last at least as long as the child is affected by the event.

Aliantha 06-21-2012 06:26 PM

If someone touched my child like that, I'd be happy to commit murder, then dance on the grave.

I don't care how much I might suffer for it later.

As a parent, it's your job to protect your child. There is no higher power to a child than a parent. If you fail, the consequences can be far worse, and infinitely more far reaching.

footfootfoot 06-21-2012 06:30 PM

Let's redefine "bad touch"

DanaC 06-21-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 816230)
IF we killed as many of the "bad guys" as we do unborn babies, the world WOULD be a MUCH better place...

What about the unborn babies who would have grow up to be bad people?

JBKlyde 06-21-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

What about the unborn babies who would have grow up to be bad people?
It would balance it self out.. as long as there were proper education for the children and I mean good J of C teaching then America would awake from this Holocaust of murdering babies..

Ibby 06-21-2012 07:46 PM

Perfect timing for a holocaust reference, asshole. Copied from a friend's tumblr:

Quote:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5...4ecqo1_500.jpg
This is not murder.
This times 6 million is not the Holocaust
This time 50 million is not the Holocaust

A clump of cells smaller than your pinky finger cannot experience pain or fear.
A fetus is not hunted down, terrorized, starved, and tortured before it is aborted.

If you compare a fetus being aborted to the Holocaust, you are spitting on every person who died in a concentration camp, and ever Rroma hunted down and murdered, as most weren’t even deemed worthy of imprisoning.
Your racism is showing, and it’s fucking disgusting.

Lamplighter 06-21-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 816172)
Do they have children? Maybe she's secretly afraid that he did it to them too...

Mike Isikoff (NBC) reported today that the Prosecution informed Sandusky's attorney
(while in Judge's chambers) that if Sandusky did take the stand to testify,
they would call Sandusky's adopted son in rebuttal, as a prosecution witness,
saying he too was molested.

The pundits are suggesting that's the reason Sandusky did not testify.

orthodoc 06-21-2012 09:43 PM

She had to know; all those years, all those kids - she had to. And ... their adopted son? Not exactly surprising, but still. This 'woman standing by her man' ought to be charged as an accessory after the fact.

Clodfobble 06-21-2012 10:04 PM

Look at it this way: when he goes to jail (and she must know that he will,) she will own and control everything that is theirs. If she divorces him now, she will get maybe half of everything that is theirs, and the other half will be under the control of someone else while he is in prison forever. Maybe their kids will start their own legal battles with the assigned trustee over who gets what from "dad's half." Maybe from jail he will have nothing better to do than draw out the divorce battle for a decade. Sometimes, when your world falls apart, the best thing to do is simply what is most practical and self-serving, and screw what everyone else thinks.