The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Not-Such-A-Good-Idea Food Combos (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7931)

wolf 03-17-2005 12:50 PM

You forgot Butterbrickle ... and Butter Rum ... Butterscotch topping ... one must admit, though, that these uses of butter involve other ingredients and processing before introducing to the ice cream.

BigV 03-17-2005 01:00 PM

As an ingredient, sure, and not as a separate element on the dish itself. But in all the cases, the taste of the butter is still a prominent and important part of the confection.

kerosene 03-18-2005 08:41 AM

ranch dressing with pizza
ranch dressing with cookies
ranch dressing with pretty much anything.

a nicely made sandwich with pickle juice soaked into the bread, making it soggy. :P

breakingnews 03-18-2005 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by case
ranch dressing with pizza
ranch dressing with cookies
ranch dressing with pretty much anything.

Oh no, ranch with pizza is awesome. So is blue cheese. During the poor college days (sorta), my roommate and I would sit around and engorge ourselves with frozen pizzas, corn dogs and QuikTrip spicy chicken sandwiches (then $1 apiece) smothered in ranch or bleu cheese. Awesome.

But back to the subject at hand - I've never liked apples and cheese, unless it's a particularly sweet cheese like ... um, yeah. :greenface

lookout123 03-18-2005 10:17 AM

ranch with pizza rocks.
ranch with french fries rocks.
ranch goes well with most anything.

wolf 03-18-2005 10:33 AM

Ranch dressing tastes like puke.

I am not even considering the possibility of adding it to food that I like.

kerosene 03-18-2005 10:57 AM

Wow, another soul in this world who doesn't swear by the milky yuckiness that is ranch dressing.

wolf 03-18-2005 11:01 AM

I also find mushrooms and coconut so aversive as to cause projectile vomiting.

I can only buy the candy that comes with a map, because I won't risk contact with coconut. I cannot drink Pina Coladas, even though the Pina is one of my favorite flavors.

The guys at work know that if they order mushroom pizza there is NO FUCKING WAY I'm going to be even considering snitching a slice off them.

Kitsune 03-18-2005 11:09 AM

One that works with everything: A1. It is never a mistake. ...almost. It does not work with pork products, but it can make a shoe edible.

I also find mushrooms and coconut so aversive as to cause projectile vomiting.

Yeah, yeah, we're all sorry your tastebuds are broken. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm craving a massive portabello filled with scrambled eggs, cheese, and baked to perfection.

melidasaur 03-18-2005 11:19 AM

i don't get people who have to have ranch on everything... it's just weird. I can't stand eggs paired with anything... Eggs are probably the worst food in the whole world and pretty disgusting when you think about what they really are and where they come from.

glatt 03-18-2005 11:20 AM

Coconut is the Devil's food.

I recently moved into a new building. The property management company here uses coconut scented liquid soap in the soap dispensers. It's not particularly strong smelling, but strong enough to be noticeably unpleasant for me. I am always having the dilemma after I take care of business. Do I wash with soap, or just rinse with water? If I'm feeling particularly unclean, and choose to wash my hands with soap, I must take an extra 45 seconds to thoroughly rinse off my hands. Like some sort of obsessive compulsive freak, I'm scrubbing, scrubbing, scrubbing, until there is no hint of remaining coconut flavor.

chainsaw 03-18-2005 12:02 PM

No coconut?? But what about the Girl Scout's famous Caramel deLites! They're only the BEST cookie EVER! And I bet they'd be even BETTER if you dipped them in ranch! Ok, maybe not.

breakingnews 03-18-2005 12:03 PM

At dim sum last week, I *had* to order a second plate of chicken feet, and it came just as my dining partners grabbed a few plates of almond and coconut jello from a passing cart. Try putting those all together. Yum! :spam1: :thumb:

melidasaur 03-18-2005 12:37 PM

Celery in Jello... never have been a big fan.

dar512 03-18-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by case
a nicely made sandwich with pickle juice soaked into the bread, making it soggy.

Ah. See I do this on purpose. I can't have the pickles themselves due to Crohn's disease. So, I dribble pickle juice on the meat before closing up the sandwich.

I don't drown it though.