The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

Sundae 04-29-2008 05:09 AM

Black coffee, white tea
Is that so hard to grasp?

Why do I keep getting white coffee?
I only have one caffeinated drink a day and I don't want it with milk in!
Damnit.

lookout123 04-29-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Is Bipolar getting diagnosed more often these days?
Wow. I was just having a bizarrely stupid and random conversation with someone about how it seems everyone is bipolar these days. Then we went on to imagine a scenario involving a former coworker who was diagnosed with multiple personalities... and we were cracked up over the idea of each of her personalities being diagnosed with different issues such as bipolar disorder. Yep, we're sick and wrong.:o

Sundae 04-29-2008 01:37 PM

I'm as guilty as you lookout.
Someone I worked with was diagnosed as bi-polar and my first response was, "And I don't like either of them." I then realised it was a schizophrenic joke (:blush:) but it made my friend laugh herself silly anyway.

Cicero 04-29-2008 01:46 PM

That's a Multiple Personality joke. lol!!

DucksNuts 04-29-2008 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 449550)
Wow. I was just having a bizarrely stupid and random conversation with someone about how it seems everyone is bipolar these days. Then we went on to imagine a scenario involving a former coworker who was diagnosed with multiple personalities... and we were cracked up over the idea of each of her personalities being diagnosed with different issues such as bipolar disorder. Yep, we're sick and wrong.:o

See, this proves we were meant to make wild monkey love....doesnt it?

Griff 04-29-2008 08:47 PM

Today's irritant, some journalist guy was on Talk of the Nation complaining about the Disney girl's pictures in Vanity Fair. He's concerned because his 4 year old watches her show. Dear Dad, turn off the damn tv. Disney will over-sexualize young girls. That is how they make their money. Why is your child watching that crap if you are concerned with morals?

Sundae 04-30-2008 04:27 AM

Last night I dreamed I was bi-polar.
Sounds like the first line of a song! But is the literal truth.

Very disturbing, especially in the dream I'd been tryingto hold it all together, not wanting to put my family through all the upset they felt when I told them I had depression.

Still, my brother was knighted in my dream, so it wasn't all bad.

Sundae 04-30-2008 02:44 PM

My eBay goodies didn't arrive today.
A pair of shoes I know was posted yesterday - and which I wanted to break in for the weekend.
And my corset - which isn't yet showing payment received, so may not even get to me in time now.

It sounds silly, but after the post arrived I felt so let down because they weren't in it.
I cheered up as the day went on - I've had a great day at work and am alone tonight. Tomorrow shouldn't have the same downer though. I'm going in early because an artist needs access, so I'm leaving early and therefore getting my hair cut Thursday instead of Saturday. So whatever happens I'll be feeling good about that.

If my corset doesn't arrive by Friday however I'm moving off the irritated thread and taking up residence in the upset thread. I ordered it on MONDAY! It will quite spoil my plans. Lazy, lazy corset makers.

Cloud 05-01-2008 05:39 PM

and they call the wind . . .

well, we sure don't call it "Mariah" here. Mostly we call it son of a bitch, you fucker, and other assorted epithets. We get

WIND

here. And it blows half of New Mexico into our faces. Everyone at work is going around squinting, because the dust gets into our eyes, aggravates allergies, etc.

Bah!

binky 05-01-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 450290)
well, we sure don't call it "Mariah" here. Mostly we call it son of a bitch, you fucker, and other assorted epithets. We get

WIND

here. And it blows half of New Mexico into our faces. Everyone at work is going around squinting, because the dust gets into our eyes, aggravates allergies, etc.

Bah!

Wow Cloud I know exactly what you mean. It blows so hard here it is killing our garden, and the dust factor is horrible, can't ever keep the house dusted, even with dual pane windows.

Cloud 05-02-2008 12:00 AM

uh. . . dusted? whazzat?

elSicomoro 05-02-2008 12:32 AM

I think I have an addiction to soda. It's like that Simpsons episode where they grow tomacco...you don't like the shit, but you can't stop drinking it. Seriously...I don't really enjoy the taste of regular soda anymore...it just doesn't taste that good. And yet, I keep fucking drinking it...like I might find the golden can of Dr Pepper that actually tastes like I remember it.

Jesus H. Christ...this shit drives me nuts!

SteveDallas 05-02-2008 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binky (Post 450324)
Wow Cloud I know exactly what you mean. It blows so hard here it is killing our garden, and the dust factor is horrible, can't ever keep the house dusted, even with dual pane windows.

Until a couple days ago, it hadn't rained around here for some time. And there was a lot of blustery early spring weather. So it was horrible at the kids' ball games, with the wind just blowing clouds of dust up from the diamond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 450399)
I think I have an addiction to soda.

I have in past years given up alcohol for Lent, and I've given up soda. Soda was a million times harder. (I've mostly kicked the habit. I was down to not drinking it any except at lunch, and now I've replaced my lunch Pepsi with seltzer.)

LabRat 05-02-2008 08:55 AM

Lent?

Wasn't Easter a million years ago?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm a total idiot. Apparently i need to make my tea extra stong this morning. . .

Clodfobble 05-02-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore
I don't really enjoy the taste of regular soda anymore...it just doesn't taste that good. And yet, I keep fucking drinking it...

I got to this point awhile back, and then I discovered the magic of sweetened iced tea. That's what I'm addicted to now instead, except I like it. :)