The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

xoxoxoBruce 12-13-2008 06:38 PM

SG, Bri, I'd suggest nude self photography as an excellent substitute for vodka. I have lots of room on my PC to store them for you.

The next few weeks are the roughest for those of us that are alone, even, or maybe expecially, in the midst of holiday festivities. Don't lose sight of the fact that you are important to someone... you are needed... you are loved.
Yes, you really are. :queen:

Aliantha 12-13-2008 07:16 PM

You are all important and if you could, I'd have all you lonely Christmas people to my place for lunch.

I hate people being alone on that day. Honestly. I'd even love to have you over if you weren't so far away Bruce. ;)

skysidhe 12-14-2008 09:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 513441)
You are all important and if you could, I'd have all you lonely Christmas people to my place for lunch.

I hate people being alone on that day. Honestly. I'd even love to have you over if you weren't so far away Bruce. ;)

Do any of those lonely people have names or is this just a world wide magnanimous gesture? I have a name but I would rather come for dinner. thanks

HUGZ FOR SG AND BRI

Aliantha 12-14-2008 03:23 PM

Pretty much anyone really.

I think if Dazza and I can accomodate my ex on the day after all the crap he's put me and by association him through, I think we can accomodate anyone. :)

It's not a good day to be alone. Much better spent in the company of people who will help you through it.

Shawnee123 12-15-2008 08:32 AM

I was pretty careless and lost this weekend...is it the season? Loneliness, boredom, being with a "friend" who I don't hang out with like I used to because my entire purpose in her life is to tell her how great she is, after she tells me how great she is...blah. Self-destructive behaviors, subseqent depression, asking why.

Girls, we will be OK. OK? OK!

Many virtual hugs.

Chocolatl 12-15-2008 08:52 AM

It finally hit me last night that my grandmother, who died in February, will not be here for the holidays. I spent a good hour sobbing and wishing there was something I could do to bring her back. She was like the anchor for all of the good holiday memories I had for the first 20 years of my life, and it just broke my heart to realize that I won't be calling her on Christmas morning to send my love. :(

footfootfoot 12-15-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 513433)
SG, Bri, I'd suggest nude self photography as an excellent substitute for vodka. I have lots of room on my PC to store them for you.

The next few weeks are the roughest for those of us that are alone, even, or maybe expecially, in the midst of holiday festivities. Don't lose sight of the fact that you are important to someone... you are needed... you are loved.
Yes, you really are. :queen:

As a professional photographer and artist, I have to with Bruce here. In fact, I am thinking that a few of us here at the cellar should start a pool to buy you a webcam so we can offer tips and suggestions during your photo shoot. You know, lighting, props, camera angles. Strictly above board and in the name of art.:D
Bruce, Elspode, Lookout??? Anyone? Bueller?

Trilby 12-15-2008 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 513776)
... being with a "friend" who I don't hang out with like I used to because my entire purpose in her life is to tell her how great she is, after she tells me how great she is...blah. Self-destructive behaviors, subseqent depression, asking why.

I used to have the very same friend.

Hugs to you.

Choco--I'm so sorry for your loss. This time of year can be really good and really bad at the same time. Hugs, hugs, all round.

and foot? thanks for the offer, but...I'm a crone! A CRONE i tell ya!

sweetwater 12-15-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 513781)
It finally hit me last night that my grandmother, who died in February, will not be here for the holidays. I spent a good hour sobbing and wishing there was something I could do to bring her back. She was like the anchor for all of the good holiday memories I had for the first 20 years of my life, and it just broke my heart to realize that I won't be calling her on Christmas morning to send my love. :(

I miss my grandmother and grandfather, too. Sometimes I visit their graves using the bookmarked locations at GoogleEarth. Perhaps a remembrance (poinsettia for her grave marker?) tradition for the departed will help you. Peace.

LabRat 12-15-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

It finally hit me last night that my grandmother, who died in February, will not be here for the holidays. I spent a good hour sobbing and wishing there was something I could do to bring her back.

Sorry to hear that, Choco. My maternal grandma used to send me an ornament every year, along with a few little odds and ends wrapped in a particular unique way. The first Christmas I didn't get her package in the mail I felt so empty and lonely. I still cry a few tears when I hang the ornaments on the tree and this was the 7th Christmas without her.

::hugs::

Aliantha 12-15-2008 04:32 PM

What's upsetting me today?

Other people being upset over the people they don't have with them this Christmas. I think we've probably all got someone we miss desperately on days like that, but my trick is to be grateful for all the loved ones I do have with me.

I've come to think that missing people on special days is just a part of what makes the day itself special. Taking a moment to reflect on all they have meant and still mean to our lives and just having a quiet drink and toasting all the wonderful memories they've left you with.

Imagine life without those.

lookout123 12-15-2008 11:21 PM

Just got back from my game which was fun. Unfortunately found out that one of my old teammates (from the coed league) had a double mastectomy last week. She "didn't want to be a bother" so NO ONE beyond her husband knew. 35 years old, serious athlete, and new mother. we're all kind of in shock.

limey 12-16-2008 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 514041)
Just got back from my game which was fun. Unfortunately found out that one of my old teammates (from the coed league) had a double mastectomy last week. She "didn't want to be a bother" so NO ONE beyond her husband knew. 35 years old, serious athlete, and new mother. we're all kind of in shock.

Doesn't that "didn't want to be a bother" thing SUCK??
Please remember folks - your friends and family want to know, want to help, want to show they care.
Sending healing vibes via you to her.

Griff 12-16-2008 05:37 AM

Quote:

Sorry Choc. Some kind of formal remembrance of her might be appropriate. Maybe everyone saying what they most loved about her.:sniff:

DanaC 12-16-2008 06:33 AM

So sorry Choc *hugs*