The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

Shawnee123 01-04-2011 02:35 PM

I don't remember you ever being called a cuntburger around these parts, but I felt it captured the essence of the topic. Actually I stole it from the bathroom wall at a rest stop on I-75N. It read "monster is a cuntburger." *shrugs* I didn't write it. I was too busy writing "for an adequate time call Shaw."

monster 01-04-2011 02:58 PM

aaah, well that explains it. I quite like cuntburger as a concept as long as the beef curtains are not too chunky and there's no cheese or mushrooms. Of course, everything is better with bacon. But don't be slipping me any pickle.....

footfootfoot 01-04-2011 03:23 PM

Cuntburgler.

Clodfobble 01-04-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster
I quite like cuntburger as a concept as long as the beef curtains are not too chunky and there's no cheese or mushrooms. Of course, everything is better with bacon. But don't be slipping me any pickle.....

It's the mayo that makes me gag...

kerosene 01-04-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 703228)
Just use the Steve Dallas Random Thread Picker and see where that takes you.

Alright, then, I am headed there now.

HungLikeJesus 01-04-2011 07:39 PM

We may never see her again.

kerosene 01-04-2011 08:13 PM

Actually, the thread I pulled up was the one about Clod having minifob. It was fascinating and then I forgot I was bored. Thanks for the suggestion. You may, consequently, see old threads getting bumped, now, from time to time.

HungLikeJesus 01-04-2011 09:33 PM

Now you see why that's below my signature line. You could spend a lot of time on Cellar re-runs.

glatt 01-05-2011 09:42 AM

Kitchen faucet lost a lot of pressure the other day. A day of ignoring it didn't produce any results, so I shut the water off under the cabinet and took the faucet apart. It's one of those faucets with the integral spray hose that switches between a stream and spray.

I had to take the whole thing apart to find a screen I could clean, but it still didn't fix it, so I used a wire as a catheter to run down the now disconnected hose. It pushed out a rust flake the size of a lentil. It had been really jammed in there. Awesome! So I put it all back together and it works like a charm.

Only problem is that the shutoff valve under the sink now has a tiny leak at the valve stem. Does anyone make a fixture shutoff valve that won't leak after you use it? Now I need to shut the water off to the whole house and replace this damn valve. It's screwed on to a 60 year old galvanized pipe sticking up out of the floor. How much you want to bet that will get messed up when I try to put a new valve on there?

Grumble grumble grumble...

Lamplighter 01-05-2011 09:48 AM

Glatt, if it's just a tiny leak, they usually fix themselves (particularly if you have some rust in those pipes)
So I'd give it a couple of days before tearing it apart further.
Just check daily with Kleenex or toilet paper to see if it still leaking

Laziness often wins the day...
but I'd even try changing out the washer in the valve before working on replacement.

glatt 01-05-2011 09:59 AM

I'm trying that. I did the fix last night, and the valve was still leaking this morning. Tiny leak, but one that I can't live with. I'll give it a couple more days. I wonder if rubbing plumber's grease on it from the outside would do anything?

On my list of "things to do" is to re-plumb the entire house with PEX so I stop getting flakes of rust from these old galvanized pipes messing up fixtures.

plthijinx 01-05-2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 703416)
... I wonder if rubbing plumber's grease on it from the outside would do anything?

On my list of "things to do" is to re-plumb the entire house with PEX so I stop getting flakes of rust from these old galvanized pipes messing up fixtures.

it might. if you want to put the project off until the weekend you could turn the water off wipe it dry and seal it with saran wrap and duct tape. that might work.

plthijinx 01-05-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 703270)
..... I was too busy writing "for an adequate time call Shaw."

what was that number again?

footfootfoot 01-05-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 703416)
I'm trying that. I did the fix last night, and the valve was still leaking this morning. Tiny leak, but one that I can't live with. I'll give it a couple more days. I wonder if rubbing plumber's grease on it from the outside would do anything?

Glatt, is it a gate valve or a ball valve? If it is a gate valve and is leaking from the stem you just take off the handle, loosen the large packing nut that goes around the stem and put a piece of stem packing around the stem and then put the packing nut back on, then the handle.

That's why most people use ball valves nowadays.

footfootfoot 01-05-2011 11:53 AM

read all about it:
http://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/bl...p?iNum=fra0502

http://www.sweethaven02.com/BldgConst/en5114a0014.gif