The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

elSicomoro 05-02-2008 03:48 PM

I love unsweet tea...the only problem with it is that almost all iced tea at restaurants, gas stations, etc. is caffeinated...moreso than soda.

elSicomoro 05-02-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 450455)
I have in past years given up alcohol for Lent, and I've given up soda. Soda was a million times harder. (I've mostly kicked the habit. I was down to not drinking it any except at lunch, and now I've replaced my lunch Pepsi with seltzer.)

There's this little old lady that I deliver to...she orders a lunch special (sandwich, salad and a drink) every Friday around 2pm. During Lent, she only ordered the fish sandwich and gave up soda for Lent...she's too cute!

Cloud 05-02-2008 03:54 PM

well, of course tea is caffeinated. (scratches head).

if you're going to establish a new habit, drink water!

elSicomoro 05-02-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 450581)
well, of course tea is caffeinated. (scratches head).

if you're going to establish a new habit, drink water!

What I should have said is...I didn't realize that tea had as much caffeine as it does.

12oz Dr Pepper: 41 mg
12oz Iced Tea: 71 mg
12oz coffee: 150 mg

I actually drink about 4-8 glasses a water a day...sometimes more.

Ibby 05-02-2008 11:49 PM

Nestea for the win!
i drink like, three bottles a day

Cloud 05-03-2008 12:20 AM

but tea is a Superfood! it has antioxidants or crap like that. Sugar is Bad though.

Griff 05-03-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 450399)
I think I have an addiction to soda. It's like that Simpsons episode where they grow tomacco...you don't like the shit, but you can't stop drinking it. Seriously...I don't really enjoy the taste of regular soda anymore...it just doesn't taste that good. And yet, I keep fucking drinking it...like I might find the golden can of Dr Pepper that actually tastes like I remember it.

Jesus H. Christ...this shit drives me nuts!

I took a behavior modification class one summer. It seemed like half the class tried to break the soda habit. Soda is a real health threat man, good luck on that habit.

skysidhe 05-04-2008 12:37 PM

I love sweetened lipton tea. If I am going to die. I am going to die happy.

Sundae 05-04-2008 01:18 PM

Syc - try fizzy water.
It will still be like going cold turkey, but the fizz helps, especially if you have it ice-cold.

If you're not really tasing your soda anyway, the mouth-feel is similar enough to fool you.

You will need a couple of weeks (I suggest a month) with NO soda though. Otherwise it will taste like what it is - a flavourless substitute. After a month, if you go back to soda it will taste like what it is, sugary crap.

skysidhe 05-04-2008 06:01 PM

me and my blasted picture posting...getting on me own nerves

lol I guess that means I'm done

DucksNuts 05-13-2008 10:12 PM

My boss is a cunt.

I dont say cunt

so... yeah, he's one.

Aliantha 05-13-2008 10:38 PM

I don't have a boss, but I can understand your sentiments mate. Sometimes bosses take you for granted and treat you like shit, just because they can...till you quit. Then you just get someone else to take you for granted and treat you like shit.

I suggest a lotto ticket. Maybe you can give them all the big A.

Cloud 05-13-2008 10:41 PM

besides posters overcompensating for their with small-title complex? ;) TV shows that start just before the top of the hour, so you miss the first, crucial minute.

DanaC 05-14-2008 04:34 AM

Oh yes that's definately a mildly irritating habit, Cloud.

Flint 05-14-2008 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 453439)
besides posters overcompensating for their with small-title complex? ;) TV shows that start just before the top of the hour, so you miss the first, crucial minute.

DVR software compensates for this by allowing you to begin recording a specified amount before the scheduled start time. Or, after the sheduled end time. For instance, I kept getting the last gag in Futurama cut off, so I set it to record until 5 minutes after the end time. Then, I started getting five minutes of Southpark. So...then I set it to record for 30 minutes after. Now, I get Southpark recorded without taking up a slot in the queue! So, you see, when life hands you lemons, get a Tivo and you can kill two mockingbirds with one lemonade.