The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Camping (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33196)

xoxoxoBruce 07-31-2018 11:18 PM

Here are 27 camping recipes for different meals and snacks.

bbro 08-10-2018 03:09 PM

I'm going through my backlog of pictures, so I should have some for you tonight. Also, I checked the 10 day forecast for my trip next weekend. Fucking rain. Unbelievable. The site better be as good as the photos. If it is, all will be well

sexobon 08-10-2018 05:16 PM

As long as it doesn't rain so much that all will be a well.

bbro 08-10-2018 08:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Campsite
Attachment 64570

Attachment 64571

Final set up
Attachment 64573

Update needed when the tarp sagged onto my head - not sure why
Attachment 64574

bbro 08-10-2018 08:08 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Cooking dinner the first night
Attachment 64575

Done!
Attachment 64576

Cooking dinner the second night
Attachment 64577

bbro 08-10-2018 08:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Bug dude that followed me around
Attachment 64578

The rain. You can only see the sun, but trust me, it's raining.
Attachment 64579

xoxoxoBruce 08-10-2018 09:50 PM

Looks like good drainage, no puddles. :thumb:

glatt 08-11-2018 05:56 AM

You've got a nice setup in that Campsite. You've used that hammock a few times now. What are your thoughts? I have never slept in one more than a 20 minute nap.

bbro 08-11-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1013240)
You've got a nice setup in that Campsite. You've used that hammock a few times now. What are your thoughts? I have never slept in one more than a 20 minute nap.

Thanks! It was a nice one. Compared to the original one I booked, this one is a damn palace!

I actually haven't slept in it at all. It's a bit too exposed for me, but I really would like too. I had a tent that was set up, but it wasn't impressive, so there's no pic. I find it incredibly cold actually. Might be because every time I go camping it rains. I tried a sleeping pad, but it took away the hammockness of it. I have an extra twin comforter I am going to try next weekend for a bit of insulation.

bbro 08-11-2018 08:03 PM

I'm experimenting with pre-made meals this trip. I'm also experimenting with "homemade" dehydrated/canned meal concoctions this trip. I got some dehydrated things at REI today (I don't want to hear about how much they suck. No, seriously, I don't want to hear it). Tomorrow, I am hitting Trader Joes and another REI. I am hoping TJ's has some dehydrated veggies that I can rehydrate in my recipes. Obviously, will post the fails and successes.

xoxoxoBruce 08-11-2018 09:02 PM

Doesn't matter who thinks they suck, unless it's you. WTF, try everything, decide what you like and works with your agenda. You're the boss of this expedition. If you want to take naked selfies in your hammock who can tell you not to. :blush:

sexobon 08-12-2018 07:39 AM

Just don't get photobombed by a porcupine.

captainhook455 08-12-2018 08:09 AM

Thats a nice hammock much lighter than army surplus I'm sure. That one burner stove would go good for motorcycle camping. You would be pressed to find 2 trees close together in a NC park as a campsite is cleared to the edge of the jungle.

bbro 08-12-2018 10:17 AM

You know, all you do is crap on NC State Parks. I like them. Those are the only ones I am camping at. I've never had a problem finding trees to hang my hammock on. There's lots of people who hang their hammocks at other sites, too. Maybe you need to start an "I hate NC State Parks" thread instead of trying to crap all over mine.

captainhook455 08-12-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 1013316)
You know, all you do is crap on NC State Parks. I like them. Those are the only ones I am camping at. I've never had a problem finding trees to hang my hammock on. There's lots of people who hang their hammocks at other sites, too. Maybe you need to start an "I hate NC State Parks" thread instead of trying to crap all over mine.

Not that I hate them it's that the state won't spend enough money on them. I had a ranger practically beg us to stay a few days longer as we were the only campers there. It once was nice with a bathhouse and swimming area. Bugs. Modern people don't want mosquitoes and knats. I love the Piedmont areas much better than the coast.

Kings Mountain was a state park before they gave it to the feds. The parking lot at the picnic area was eroded as was around the covered picnic tables. The camping area.yech. I am going up to see my grandparents in Rock Hill so will pass by to see what the feds have done to it.