The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

Clodfobble 12-13-2007 02:41 PM

Minifob's running a temp of 103.5. He's napping with a dose of Tylenol now, we'll see how it is when he wakes up in another half hour or so.

binky 12-13-2007 05:28 PM

My middle-schooler's fucking math teacher has just assured them that they WILL have homework during their two week Christmas break

binky 12-13-2007 05:28 PM

Sorry Clod

Sundae 12-13-2007 05:55 PM

Row with HM Friday bout internet access.
Wasn't forgiven til Monday.

Then given a talking to by HM on Wednesday, due to me having too much of something he offered me on Tuesday night. Genuine difference of approach - if I offer something I offer it unconditionally. But he felt I was taking the piss, ungrateful, disrespectful and unreasonable. He also brought up the fact he believed I had "used" men in the past (something I was not aware of either doing or him thinking) and he said there was no way he'd let that happen here. Oh and he brought up Friday and also told me I could stop "eulogising" him, he'd rather have respect of his consumables.

I'm not specifying the monetary value because it is very low. In those terms what I consumed equals less than the bottles of washing liquid I buy every month without comment despite the fact he has 3 times the washing I do. I genuinely don't mind - I am only making a comparison. So there is more to it.

So am hurt, a bit scared and also veering between blaming myself totally, being furious at him because he has over-reacted, and being paranoid now about everything I have done and said.

Talked it through with my lovely American counsellor today. Made some decisions. For one thing I will only log on when he is out now. Another reason to be miserable but it's his PC and he is entitled to complain about me using chat.. And won't drink with him again for two, which is a social loss, but there is less potential for damage drinking alone, despite the fact that goes against common experience.

Perry Winkle 12-14-2007 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binky (Post 416336)
My middle-schooler's fucking math teacher has just assured them that they WILL have homework during their two week Christmas break

Assuming that it's a worthwhile assignment. Why on earth would that be upsetting?

monster 12-14-2007 07:39 AM

What is fucking math? Wouldn't a homework assignment encourage incest? That'd upset me.

ZenGum 12-14-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 416552)
What is fucking math?

If a breeding pair of rabbits have a litter of four young (which form two breeding pairs) every month, and young are ready to begin breeding at 6 months, how many rabbits will there be after two years, assuming none die?

Shawnee123 12-14-2007 08:17 AM

Jello!

monster 12-14-2007 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 416562)
If a breeding pair of rabbits have a litter of four young (which form two breeding pairs) every month, and young are ready to begin breeding at 6 months, how many rabbits will there be after two years, assuming none die?

Are they living on Mashfreak's island?

binky 12-14-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

What is fucking math? Wouldn't a homework assignment encourage incest? That'd upset me.

Cute:D

binky 12-14-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry Winkle (Post 416549)
Assuming that it's a worthwhile assignment. Why on earth would that be upsetting?

Because she gets "worthwhile" assignments every night, and every weekend, and just needs a BREAK

BigV 12-14-2007 01:21 PM

Quote:

It's from Genesis.
Go forth and multiply.

Sundae 12-15-2007 03:43 PM

Diz woke me up at 07.13. Yes, I looked at the clock.
So I got up, fed them, fed myself and went back to bed to read until 10.00.

Came downstairs to see a Missed Delivery note from Royal Mail. Time 07.50 - at which point I was awake, reading, but with earplugs in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Have to wait til 08.00 Monday for the Collection Office to be open. Of course it's an exciting wait because I think it's my Cellar prize. It's just mildly frustrating because it's the first time I've been up before 08.00 in ages and so I could have had it in my hands today!

monster 12-15-2007 06:02 PM

festive tree fell over. dozens of glass baubles (balls) smashed. :( Just before all Daughter's friends were due to arrive for her birthday sleepover. glass shards in the carpet, the fruit bowls etc. fun.

jinx 12-15-2007 06:48 PM

We haven't had one fall in at least a decade - but my neighbor's and my sister's and my sister's neighbor's have fallen already this year.
My sister suffered the tragic loss of Mr Potato Head (Radko) in the crash - if anyone sees one in their last minute ebay shopping pls let me know...

http://i8.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/c4/01/386e_2.JPG

monster 12-15-2007 07:14 PM

Not likely to see one last minute, but may see one after Christmas as we're probably going to Bronners in Frankenmuth to replace the Fire Engine MIL bought Thor when he was tiney but which last year he managed to get a hold of unsupervised. Any good in time for next year?

jinx 12-15-2007 07:39 PM

Absolutely - unless Ive already found one anyway... I don't see Radko on their website though.

monster 12-15-2007 08:40 PM

Neither did i, but they don't list everything. i think they don't do everything mail order.

freshnesschronic 12-16-2007 12:00 AM

my girlfriend is retarded
she's so retarded that i'm not even upset
im thinking to myself i wont even go to the funeral if she dies

its snowing constantly and the streets are slick and she's with her girlfriends driving around in neighborhoods b/c they are bored

and she yells at me for getting injured while playing sports

im so mad i think that im not even feeling any heat at all

LJ 12-16-2007 12:32 AM

if you can't control your woman......how are we supposed to have any respect for you?

xoxoxoBruce 12-16-2007 02:42 AM

He's so pussy whipped, when she gets home they'll have makeup sex, and she won't even know it.

monster 12-16-2007 07:59 AM

:eek:

:lol:

bbro 12-17-2007 10:31 AM

My boyfriend broke up with me. Apparently I am an insane, selfish bitch who nobody likes.

He's not leaving till Friday......when I drive him the 8 hours home with me.

Going to go look at pictures of bento on Flickr so I can stop crying at work. Or maybe just do the mindless work that I have.
:(

binky 12-17-2007 11:01 AM

okay so be an insane selfish bitch, and let him find his own way home!

monster 12-17-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binky (Post 417314)
okay so be an insane selfish bitch, and let him find his own way home!

what she said.

bbro 12-17-2007 11:29 AM

I'm not actually that mean. I am going home anyways, at least it gives me more time with the dog. I am thinking of putting him in the back and the dog up front.

Besides, if I did that, he would never leave

binky 12-17-2007 11:38 AM

like your idea about the seating arrangment

shina 12-17-2007 02:43 PM

My hand is still in a cast and it itches!

classicman 12-17-2007 02:47 PM

bbro - #1) I'm really sorry, #2) what a dick, #3) You're probably better off in the long run.

Oh, and put his stupid ass in the trunk or on the roof.

bbro 12-17-2007 04:42 PM

I know I will be better in the long run, it's just hard at the moment.

ZenGum 12-18-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 417010)
my girlfriend is retarded
she's so retarded that i'm not even upset
im thinking to myself i wont even go to the funeral if she dies

its snowing constantly and the streets are slick and she's with her girlfriends driving around in neighborhoods b/c they are bored

and she yells at me for getting injured while playing sports

im so mad i think that im not even feeling any heat at all

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 417312)
My boyfriend broke up with me. Apparently I am an insane, selfish bitch who nobody likes.

He's not leaving till Friday......when I drive him the 8 hours home with me.

Going to go look at pictures of bento on Flickr so I can stop crying at work. Or maybe just do the mindless work that I have.
:(

Just wondering ... how far is it from Illinois to north Carolina? :hugnkiss: ???

Shawnee123 12-18-2007 08:55 AM

My boss is becoming quite the micro-manager, and it's driving us all insane.

bbro 12-18-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 417567)
Just wondering ... how far is it from Illinois to north Carolina? :hugnkiss: ???

A little over 12 hours.

xoxoxoBruce 12-18-2007 11:21 PM

bbro... you're available.
Uh, what are you wearing?

bbro 12-19-2007 02:00 PM

Well, bruce, since the only time I get on the computer is either at work or the library......nothing :D

zippyt 12-19-2007 03:28 PM

Give Butt head the cash for a bus ticket , and change the locks !!!

zippyt 12-19-2007 04:40 PM

I have to train a new Padawan !!!

Getting fired at Xmas SUCKS !!!

But it is his OWN Damn Fault !!!

limey 12-20-2007 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 417902)
I have to train a new Padawan !!!

Getting fired at Xmas SUCKS !!!

But it is his OWN Damn Fault !!!

bumMER

xoxoxoBruce 12-20-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 417878)
Well, bruce, since the only time I get on the computer is either at work or the library......nothing :D

Oh pant pant, pictures please.... pretty, pretty please with sugar on it.

DucksNuts 12-21-2007 10:57 AM

sunburn....really evil sunburn

barefoot serpent 12-21-2007 11:11 AM

I'll trade your sunburn for some frostbite.

HungLikeJesus 12-21-2007 11:51 AM

Frostbite - I guess that's what happens when you go barefoot in the winter.

classicman 12-21-2007 11:57 AM

Insurance companies, medical professionals and their representatives

glatt 12-21-2007 12:41 PM

jury duty looming Jan. 2nd. They don't care that I have year end deadlines and reports due the 3rd. They told me so. I'll probably end up doing jury duty all day, and then putting in a full day of work at night. damnit. It's going to suck, but there's nothing I can do about it but wait until it hits because I have to wait until after the month closes before I can start the reports.

lookout123 12-21-2007 02:17 PM

i've been called for jury duty a couple of times. about the third question they ask to rule you out is "will your absence hinder your company from meeting it's goals?" raise your hand and out you go. i'm not suggesting that jury duty is unimportant, but if you really can't be there then there are questions/answers that will rule you out.

the last time i made it through all the questions until they got to the part where they asked if we had a preconceived notion as to guilt or innocence. I raised my hand and informed them that the defendent's status as an illegal immigrant would lead me to believe that laws don't apply to him. out i went. i haven't been called back in a looong time now.

glatt 12-21-2007 02:37 PM

I hope that works. But they also state: "Requests for excuses from jury service on the basis of such things as "busy at the office" usually cannot be honored."

classicman 12-21-2007 04:52 PM

thats just to weed out the wussies. make a few racially innappropriate statements or espouse a bit on human rights violations ..... you'll be long gone sooner than you imagine.

BigV 12-21-2007 05:38 PM

I think you should do the jury duty if you're able.

If I was in the pokey, innocent, of course, I'd sure want someone as smart, observant and articulate as you, glatt, on the jury. I don't know about the other eleven, but I feel confident that you would see the truth and act accordingly.

You may be in a position to exonerate an unfairly accused citizen. Or you may find yourself doing your part to keep our streets safe. Either way, justice is served. You don't serve jury duty for yourself--you do it for us, all of us. And in your case, I find that very reassuring.

Griff 12-21-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 418390)
jury duty looming Jan. 2nd. They don't care that I have year end deadlines and reports due the 3rd. They told me so. I'll probably end up doing jury duty all day, and then putting in a full day of work at night. damnit. It's going to suck, but there's nothing I can do about it but wait until it hits because I have to wait until after the month closes before I can start the reports.

Register Libertarian. It's like wearing garlic around your neck.

shina 12-21-2007 07:47 PM

I have never been called. Dodged the bullet. Don't really have any desite to serve but would if I had to.

busterb 12-21-2007 08:22 PM

The man should give a talk to all folks, When asked if you can read or write, stick your damn hand up and say "no."

bluecuracao 12-21-2007 09:05 PM

I once got kicked off of a jury pool in DC for briefly nodding off to sleep, and later giggling when the guy next to me leaned his chair back too far. I suggest trying out this combo. The leaning guy got kicked off too, so you ought to have a fairly easy time convincing someone to be your accomplice. I'd say you could try being the leaning guy, but Arlington is a bit more hard-ass than DC, so I wouldn't want you to get in trouble for starting crap (don't bring this up to your leaner of course).

Clodfobble 12-22-2007 02:30 PM

My sister-in-law. She is rapidly barrelling toward spinsterhood, and is upset by this but is doing absolutely nothing about it--yet she and my mother-in-law literally live in this dream world where at any moment she could be married with children. (The most recent example: my MIL asked for some DVDs for Christmas because the ones she has actually belong to my SIL--who lives with her--and "eventually she'll be moving out to start her family and taking them with her." Talk about denial.) The really frustrating thing is that despite my bitching, she really is a very nice girl. The problem is she can't seem to do anything but wait and wait for the perfect thing to fall right into her lap, and as a result hasn't been on a date in ten years.

SO, when my friend who lives in her city mentioned that he has a single coworker (specifically, a police officer) who is her age, Christian, and also suffers from perpetual "nice guy" syndrome, I thought it was a perfect opportunity to pass his information along. Her response?

"What kind of Christian is he? I would need to know, otherwise why would I waste my time?"

Yes, why indeed. Your time is very precious, clearly you have far too many suitors to be able to actually have a conversation with each one of them and determine for yourself whether you have anything in common. Jesus H. Christ. So now I get to ask my friend precisely what church his coworker goes to, and since I am really nice I am even pretending it is ME asking, and that I haven't even passed the information along yet--because it would be a shame if he decided she was a nitpicky block of ice before ever even meeting her.

xoxoxoBruce 12-22-2007 09:14 PM

No good deed goes unpunished, Clodfobble.

DucksNuts 12-23-2007 09:10 AM

You cant pick your nose with false fingernails

freshnesschronic 12-24-2007 09:31 AM

There's an upcoming Denzel movie coming out called The Great Debaters.

Come on Hollywood, this is Denzel! And you can't come up with a better movie title??????

monster 12-24-2007 10:32 AM

Norad Tracks Santa has sold out to Google and sucks this year.

Sundae 12-24-2007 10:52 AM

My breath smells.
And instead of doing something sensible about it like cleaning my teeth, I just keep scrunching up my face and sniffing my top lip, to verify the fact that yes, it still smells.

Oh and I had chicken for lunch and am now drinking pop. So I am doing really meaty burps.

DanaC 12-25-2007 05:18 AM

Mmmm nice :P

classicman 12-25-2007 10:23 AM

Thanks for that mental image SG.