The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's For Breakfast? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23077)

bbro 08-09-2012 09:37 AM

I had oven baked chicken tenders and throw together pasta salad. Sooooo good :) Might have it again tomorrow! Well, the pasta salad anyways. I think the chicken is all good.....maybe a turkey sandwich ;)

Sundae 08-14-2012 02:26 PM

Cornflakes this morning. I think they're going a bit stale - I haven't had them for quite a while.

Mum keeps eating my bananas, which is fair enough as I let them go over and anyway I don't really pay my way here. It's just ironic that on the mornings I feel up for a frozen berry shake (the 'nana adds bulk, I can't taste it) I come down to an empty banana tree and "banana's" [sic] on the shopping list.

We have a surfeit of eggs at the moment.
Might have scrambled tomorrow.
Unlikely, my stomach doesn't wake up until about 10.00. Nice thought though.

Clodfobble 08-17-2012 02:05 PM

If the only thing you eat them in is a frozen shake, you should freeze your bananas! It's important to peel them first. When you're ready to use one, just let it thaw a tiny bit, or stick it in a microwave for about 10 seconds, and then the blender should be able to handle it, no problem.

Undertoad 08-17-2012 09:18 PM

"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said 'No, but I want a regular banana later, so... yeah.'"

-- Mitch Hedberg

Sundae 08-18-2012 05:37 AM

Frozen bananas eh?
Not a bad idea. I might even slice them first, so I don't have to have a whole banana at a time. Mum can also help herself as she only ever has them sliced on her cereal and does occasionally leave half a 'nana in the fridge for the next day.

Gravdigr 08-24-2012 09:53 AM

Microwave burrito(s), Doritos, Ginger Ale. RFN.

infinite monkey 08-24-2012 10:13 AM

:yum:

You're my hero.

I had oreo cookies and milk.

Sundae 08-25-2012 06:55 AM

I haven't had it yet.
I have a craving for something and I don't know what it is.

Oh I lie. I did have a glass of milk with strawberry syrup to wash down my meds.

bbro 08-25-2012 02:32 PM

Turkey, colby jack and bacon sandwich on a toasted everything bagel. I heated up the turkey in the same pan after the bacon was done - without the grease. On the side, cherries and coleslaw - OH YEA!

Gravdigr 08-26-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbro (Post 826429)
Turkey, colby jack and bacon sandwich on a toasted everything bagel...On the side, cherries and coleslaw - OH YEA!

I think a run to Subway might be in order this afternoon.

I've never had cherries and coleslaw. Cherries in the coleslaw? Sounds kinda good.

Sundae 08-26-2012 02:12 PM

Do not soil cherries with coleslaw. PLEASE.
Won't somebody think of the children?

bbro 08-26-2012 02:48 PM

lol - the children are safe Sundae - the cherries and coleslaw were separate. I even had the cherries in a separate bowl.

Grav - I like my coleslaw simple - cabbage, carrots, maybe onions and dressing. There was a couple recipes for cherry salsa that I want to try though.

Today I had egg salad on homemade bread (that I forgot to add the butter to) and pretzels. Can you tell I will eat anything for breakfast :)

Sundae 08-26-2012 02:57 PM

Watching Man Vs Food (not an impeccable source I will admit) I noted that "slaw" in some places looked like chopped cabbage and carrot. Given that my main issue with coleslaw is the flavour of the sauce, perhaps I am being too picky. I could easily eat cherries with cabbage and carrots, if sliced thinly.

I also note that it is cherry season with you now (from the sign in Thame market advertising American Cherry's). We have such a short season here. Not only does it make me feel bad to buy imported for ecological/ patriotic reasons, I also believe fruit that has to come from halfway around the world (Chile is usual for cherries) can never be as good as something freshly picked.

Penny, my cherry tree, gave me one cherry this year. But she's a baby and one cherry was a bonus. I will sing to her next year to encourage growth. I will rate my singing by the fruit she produces. I'm not telling her I know where the secateurs are - too much pressure.

bbro 08-26-2012 04:03 PM

I bought the cherries because they are on sale - I have no clue where they come from. Bad me - I never pay attention to where my vegetables and fruits come from. If they are on sale at a reasonable price, I get them.

monster 08-26-2012 10:48 PM

Northern Michigan produces lots of cherries. They are in season right now, although I think the hot dry summer may have affected crops a little. On vacation in Wisconsin the "local produce" stores were getting all excited about Michigan Cherries just in...... Can't imagine how Chile has similar weather/growing conditions.

For breakfast we had crepes. The adults had them filled with mushrooms and cheese, and they were yummy.